Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Saw some random pages of HZ. Really hope it gets an anime adaptation. Has there been instances where series are in a similar position as HZ (low sales but does relatively well in rankings) and still get an anime?
I would love an anime as well but... I never heard of an anime adaptation without cover or color pages announcing it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
A french editor said to me, for Japanese editor, if a serie they are not big succes in sales (for volume) but have success in magazine, she can continue. Its same for Riku in Shônen Champion. Low sales but serie is popular in magazine.
You mean a real editor right? Not like err... An uncle or something?

And yes, we do know that. Hinomaru Zumou is exactly this kind of series.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
man, I've been so sick and lying in bed these past couple of weeks so the ToC and HxH return really surprised me

I mean wow, it's Wednesday already? I haven't even read Viz and Shoodan yet



Saw some random pages of HZ. Really hope it gets an anime adaptation. Has there been instances where series are in a similar position as HZ (low sales but does relatively well in rankings) and still get an anime?
Obata series before Death Note and Hikaru no Go
it got an anime 4 years after it was axed
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Definitely not the same thing. It we start taking into account old jump series getting anime after its end we should include jojo and... Come on... No, just no.

Zumou is a popular series on the magazine. If it's going to receive an anime it WILL get at least color pages. There's no reason at all not to give it. It is ending.
 

razerxs

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2017
Messages
396
Reaction score
740
Country
Galactic Republic
Zumou is a popular series on the magazine. If it's going to receive an anime it WILL get at least color pages. There's no reason at all not to give it. It is ending.
Zumou actually gets as many color pages as Black Clover and Hero Academy.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Zumou actually gets as many color pages as Black Clover and Hero Academy.
Yes, I know. I meant color pages for a possible anime announcement. If it will receive one someday
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Well it seems fairly obvious at this point that Sumo + Marie won't be ending for at least another 10chs or so until the next cancel round. My guess is HxH will hiatus + those two end=3 new series in 2-3 months. Gintama is very close, but probably won't go next round.
 

N0R7H

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2011
Messages
112
Reaction score
44
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
I would love an anime as well but... I never heard of an anime adaptation without cover or color pages announcing it.
World Trigger anime was announced without a color page even. The next week it had the cover announcing it, though.

And as I said some weeks ago, Hinomaru Zumou will last at least 20 chapters more with the pro tournament.

Edit: Forget it, WT did have a color page when it was announced, and a cover next week. Although I remember some manga having an anime announcement without color page, I don't recall right now which it was.
 
Last edited:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
One Piece will be on break next week.
I really think Oda transformed his forced rests in a tool to build hype, this week chapter was epic and next week chapter should be even better and then comes the break. XD
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I really think Oda transformed his forced rests in a tool to build hype, this week chapter was epic and next week chapter should be even better and then comes the break. XD
No wcs or Dr. Stone comment? I expect more from you... And yes op is awesome, I'm still trying to understand how da hell is bc in first.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
World Trigger anime was announced without a color page even. The next week it had the cover announcing it, though.

And as I said some weeks ago, Hinomaru Zumou will last at least 20 chapters more with the pro tournament.

Edit: Forget it, WT did have a color page when it was announced, and a cover next week. Although I remember some manga having an anime announcement without color page, I don't recall right now which it was.
An anime adaptation is obviously a big thing. There's no way that jump won't promote it like crazy. See saiki example. It's a series that almost never gets color pages or cover but it got a couple for the anime. The same will happen to any series that will get one. You can expect a huuuge promotion for bc when the announcement comes.
 

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
An anime adaptation is obviously a big thing. There's no way that jump won't promote it like crazy. See saiki example. It's a series that almost never gets color pages or cover but it got a couple for the anime. The same will happen to any series that will get one. You can expect a huuuge promotion for bc when the announcement comes.
You mean the announcement of BC's anime? That already happened over 6 months ago and the only promotion i remember is the cover page from two weeks ago with the first visual.
Honestly, i just want to see any information about the anime. All the other recent anime adaptations from WSJ manga of the last 5 years (Assassination Classroom, Haikyuu, Saiki, Nisekoi, Hero Academia, Shokugeki) came out with tons of information (voice actors, multiple visuals, first look at the anime) just days or weeks after their announcements, but the BC anime only brings out one visual 6 months after it's announcement.
Either they fucked up the marketing for the BC anime or they announced it too early.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
You mean the announcement of BC's anime? That already happened over 6 months ago and the only promotion i remember is the cover page from two weeks ago with the first visual.
Honestly, i just want to see any information about the anime. All the other recent anime adaptations from WSJ manga of the last 5 years (Assassination Classroom, Haikyuu, Saiki, Nisekoi, Hero Academia, Shokugeki) came out with tons of information (voice actors, multiple visuals, first look at the anime) just days or weeks after their announcements, but the BC anime only brings out one visual 6 months after it's announcement.
Either they fucked up the marketing for the BC anime or they announced it too early.
Yes, you're correct. The anime info pacing is too slow. What I meant was the specific date when it will begin. I think it was already 2/3 different covers for it without any information about broadicasting times, seiyuus, etc.

Pretty much we only know the visuals, director and stuff positions and the studio.
 

N0R7H

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2011
Messages
112
Reaction score
44
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
And as
World Trigger anime was announced without a color page even. The next week it had the cover announcing it, though.

And as I said some weeks ago, Hinomaru Zumou will last at least 20 chapters more with the pro tournament.

Edit: Forget it, WT did have a color page when it was announced, and a cover next week. Although I remember some manga having an anime announcement without color page, I don't recall right now which it was.
Now I remember, it was Black Clover the manga that didn't have a CP or cover for it's anime announcement. I knew it was a bad manga, that's why I thought it was World Trigger :3c
It had a CP the week before it's announcement (chapter 90) and the next CP was for chapter 96.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
169996 *353292 Boku no Hero Academia 14
*78524 *170638 Dragonball Super 3
*69555 *133622 Worlds End Harem 3
*30484 2431008 One Piece 85
*19412 **39804 Hetalia World Stars 4
*16647 **33410 Fire Punch 5
*16234 **35523 Hinomaru Zumo 15
*15785 *310005 Dragonball Super 1
*15726 *284337 Dragonball Super 2
*15694 *519612 Boku no Hero Academia 13
*14518 *749517 Haikyuu 26
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
169996 *353292 Boku no Hero Academia 14
*15694 *519612 Boku no Hero Academia 13
I'll add some comparisons since I have the numbers from posting it on reddit.
Volume 10(10 Days)- 370,024 Total
Volume 11(10 Days)- 360,420 Total
Volume 12(10 Days)- 335,087 Total

Rankings of Other Backlog Volumes:

53. Volume 12
63. Volume 11
65. Volume 6
66. Volume 7
68. Volume 10
69. Volume 5
73. Volume 9
74. Volume 8
77. Volume 1
82. Volume 4
85. Volume 2
87. Volume 3

50th est. 13,650/100th est. 8,000
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Why delete my post and don't delete the bait? Anyway, I will say it again and add more info. Nobody cares about those two series. None of the users here who can be taken seriously likes Black Clover blindly and World Trigger would have been forgotten if were not people bringing it up now and then. I already consider WT a dead series for a number of reasons.
It's neither dead nor forgotten and when it returns it will sell for 300-400k as before the hiatus. If it would just return already, that is.
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
I haven´t seen yt this thing being discussed here, but nonetheless: Which is your favorite and least favorite anime movie based on a Jump manga? And why you recommend it, or not? Mentioning of course, movies set in the meantime of the respective TV series.

I post this because there´s the thing that these type of movies serve mostly as cash-grabs of a tv series, but that´s not all the time.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top