Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
We'll have the cover before June 26th, certainly, no sneak preview necessary although they are probably going to advertise it there.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
How many chapters ESJ is behind in "We Can't Study"? I said that I would wait for ESJ to change my Takemoto avatar with the new CP and it was two weeks ago already. lol
16/18. So still two double chapters away, seems they're saving them for when they have a small roster in the magazine.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
16/18. So still two double chapters away, seems they're saving them for when they have a small roster in the magazine.
Smaller than now? We already had SQ series this month, the moment was the past weeks, but the new series round came, so I think they will save to Obon break issue or something...
Talking about the new series round, I don't think any of them will stick around, Shudan is not something that makes success in the US and ESJ already has a romance right now, so Cross Account addition would be a little too much.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
"We Never Learn" volume is back to stock on Amazon, the author just announced. I hope there is another run of lack of stock. :cheez
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Not to mention with HxH in 2 weeks, ESJ will have more weekly series than its ever had before I believe. Doubt they have the resources for more.
 

Lumilleon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
134
Reaction score
132
Age
34
Country
Galactic Empire
Cross Account art looks fantastic. I think they will use social media as a feature in this series and it was about time, except for Seo Kouji series it seems like the students in Japan are still in the 90s because you don't see a cellphone anywhere in the series. hahahaha
Cross Account seems to me something like using the account of each other... What it could mean...
After Tsuki ga Kirei success i am developing an interest with a romance manga or anime using social media as social media utilizing LDR (Long Distance Relationshp) concept. I was expecting Cross Account will be my answer here with the series promoted will use social media too but the learning that alternate universe concept kinda disinterested me toward cross account a bit for i was looking for something normal and pure like Tsuki ga kirei.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Yeah thought the same as Mawara, I was wondering wtf is going on with some of the fight panels from this week's chapter... panels were messy and the battle was hard as shit to follow. Couldn't say I liked it but the overall fight is good along with some Suneater development. Hope Hori is good, it's concerning.

Cross Account looks funny as shit and great art but idk if I wanna add another Jump romcom to my queue. Yuragi and WNL is good enough for me.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
There is always room for more romance, I think I'm reading more than a dozen of them from many magazines and I never get tired of it. Jump is not the best place to look for it, but I enjoy it and sometimes good things come out like Nisekoi and Koisome Momiji. "We Never Learn" has the potential to be the next big thing, let's hope for better rankings from now on, the series is starting to become interesting in the recent chapter so my hopes is up.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Leoat yeah hope the rankings get up, really like this series. So relatable.

It's funny, when I first was watched Nisekoi Chitoge was my type of character while I hated Onodera for some reason, she was too nice, too goody-goody, never got triggered which isn't realistic (my priorities are messed up). But as time went on, "Gorilla" Chitoge became more and more annoying to me and Onodera became much, much better. I think I started to like her character when her little sister and Yui was introduced cause she became competitive. I hate gorilla girls now in harems, you know that annoying, loud-mouth, fierce tsudere. The teacher in WNL could be that but let's hope not.

Tsugumi still best girl, her kind of tsudere is what I like. She's a savage but a cute ditzy which is fine by me.
 

TM2

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2017
Messages
155
Reaction score
95
Age
34
Country
Hong Kong
I think the biggest problem with Nisekoi and by extension most shonen harem romance as a whole is the protagonist. Yes I know the protagonists tend to lack personalities for the purpose of wish fulfillment but it usually comes at the cost of having genuine chemistry with their love interests.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
I doubt the teacher will end up being a gorilla considering her already somewhat established personality (and she's a teacher).
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Leoat yeah hope the rankings get up, really like this series. So relatable.

It's funny, when I first was watched Nisekoi Chitoge was my type of character while I hated Onodera for some reason, she was too nice, too goody-goody, never got triggered which isn't realistic (my priorities are messed up). But as time went on, "Gorilla" Chitoge became more and more annoying to me and Onodera became much, much better. I think I started to like her character when her little sister and Yui was introduced cause she became competitive. I hate gorilla girls now in harems, you know that annoying, loud-mouth, fierce tsudere. The teacher in WNL could be that but let's hope not.

Tsugumi still best girl, her kind of tsudere is what I like. She's a savage but a cute ditzy which is fine by me.
You were better at math/social sciences and wanted to follow the other way around? :derp

I don't see why people think that way, honestly. :confused:
Chitoge was only the so called gorilla girl more in the first part of the series, until around volume 6 and then when she realized that she was in love of Raku, she had an incredible development becoming a very sensitive girl. Raku more than anybody understood her, understood that she is not always true to her feelings and get used to read her much better. Raku explanation of why he chose her was perfect and how I felt about her through the entire series.
Nisekoi has much more complexity involved than people give it credit for, even more when we are talking about Chitoge and Marika, the most interesting characters of the sereis by far.
 
Last edited:

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
While I agree she did develop the most (being the mc she had to) personally her most development came along with the key and lock plotline, she became better but idk bro, being a gorilla just really isn't attractive. Fiction or reality. The gag of Chitoge beating Raku's ass was hilarious but it started to become reminiscent of Sakura in later volumes to me, which is taboo in anime/manga. It's one thing to be a tsudere and another to be a gorilla.

Thinking about it, I kind of respect Marika alot more than I did when the series was ongoing, she's was super pressed for Raku but at least she never shied away from rejection or became extremely unnecessary when trying to depict her feelings. My type of harem girl is a Tsugumi/Sagiri type but they never win in the end.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
While I agree she did develop the most (being the mc she had to) personally her most development came along with the key and lock plotline, she became better but idk bro, being a gorilla just really isn't attractive. Fiction or reality. The gag of Chitoge beating Raku's ass was hilarious but it started to become reminiscent of Sakura in later volumes to me, which is taboo in anime/manga. It's one thing to be a tsudere and another to be a gorilla.

Thinking about it, I kind of respect Marika alot more than I did when the series was ongoing, she's was super pressed for Raku but at least she never shied away from rejection or became extremely unnecessary when trying to depict her feelings. My type of harem girl is a Tsugumi/Sagiri type but they never win in the end.
You guys pay too much attention in a feature of the series that was clearly used for comical purposes. Chitoge is a strong girl and maybe Komi Naoshi wanted to show it and exaggerated a bit, but I don't consider this Chitoge main characteristic. However, she is meant to be misunderstood, so whatever, it just makes her character more interesting. xD
Nobody talks about the times when Tsugumi run after Raku with multiple guns. :derp
Anyway, Chitoge is my queen and I want to meet her again very soon, gonna read the series again. :zomg
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
I don't know what you're talking about. The most complex part about Nisekoi was the many, many ways he managed to bring everything back to square one and return to status quo after it seemed like there would be some development.

This was the biggest problem with Nisekoi and other romcoms. Misunderstandings are pretty much the main "plot points" that are cheaply used to lengthen the plot far beyond what it should be. It doesn't help that it tried having a sort of linear plot with the whole lock and key thing, but then completely threw that out the window.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It was not the kind of "Chitoge been misunderstood" that was talking about, but I will finish here.

"We Never Learn" is 77th among Shounen series on Kindle Store and 162nd overall among mangas, it was 200th and below yesterday night so it rising again.
 

conankudo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
456
Reaction score
389
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Hinomaru is reaching a climax in the next couple of chapters (last group fight). I hope it won't end after that arc.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Jump editorial department gave the description of the series. It looks like it's strongly tied with social media.
It looks interesting and I'm excited to read it tomorrow.
 

conankudo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
456
Reaction score
389
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Jump editorial department gave the description of the series. It looks like it's strongly tied with social media.
It looks interesting and I'm excited to read it tomorrow.
I hope it is not a copy of Real Account
 

razerxs

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2017
Messages
396
Reaction score
740
Country
Galactic Republic
Cross Account feels worse than anything in the last batch. No one needs another version of Keit-ai.

boy is beta harem protagonist
whines online anonymously
friends a kind shithead (literal)
is advised on how to stop being beta
PLOT
shithead is secretly cover girl
It's blander than it sounds.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Not really digging the MC design, he looks pretty bland and beta. We need more MCs like Fuyuzora.
Meaning with a nice hair. We don't really need an MC who looks like he came out of Yugioh. The design of the male protagonist means little in a romance anyway.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top