Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
Oda did an alternative ending to the Marineford War, part of a "What If" 3 parter:
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It's so funny people comparing a slice of lice manga with a battle shounen.

The DESPAIR begins in October. Keep the hate coming guys. BC feeds on it. =)

UQ holder is solely for Negima's widows.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
damn those design didn't near catch as the manga style
and i bet the anime probably will gonna failure since its Studio Pierrot
Pierrot animated some of the biggest titles in WSJ (Ninku, YYH, Naruto, Bleach, etc). I know it also depends on the staff but it most likely won't be a failure.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Pierrot's two most recent attempts at battle shounen adaptations (eldlive and twin star exorcists) were pretty clear failures, it doesn't matter how big their past stuff was if they've lost their touch nowadays. Twin Star Exorcist in particular was pretty much a top 3 Jump SQ series before it even got animated so the fault lies entirely with Pierrot for screwing it up so much.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The only good decision that Pierrot made in Twin Star Exorcista anime was to invite Wagakki Band to do the first opening, that's it.
I liked the manga and the anime made me lose my love for the series.
 

Avok

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2015
Messages
477
Reaction score
363
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
Those BC designs look completely horrendous. How come both Pierrot and Xebec couldn't get someone who could make them look good...

Or maybe it's just a bad illustration. Let's wait for a PV, but damn...
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Do an anime from Akira Amano series was already a bad decision, so I will not even comment eldlive.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
In a way, the manga is getting what it deserves in terms of an adaptation and I'll stop with that. The Xebec designs were clearly something that had to be put together for a quick OVA. But for the TV anime? Not good, I mean the designs aren't horrible, but they clearly could have been handled better, I mean just look how impeccably well the character designs were handled for Food Wars and Boku no Hero Academia.
Shokugeki no Soma is made by J.C. Staff and Boku no Hero Academia by Bones.
Don't compare three things of different orders of magnitude. Not to mention that the art of those two are better than Black Clover's by far for the start.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Pierrot's two most recent attempts at battle shounen adaptations (eldlive and twin star exorcists) were pretty clear failures, it doesn't matter how big their past stuff was if they've lost their touch nowadays. Twin Star Exorcist in particular was pretty much a top 3 Jump SQ series before it even got animated so the fault lies entirely with Pierrot for screwing it up so much.
I wish people would stop giving YYH as an example of a Pierrot show like it's relevant nowadays. YYH was 25 years ago and quite clearly Pierrot has changed a lot, together with the anime industry. As tirakai pointed out, eldlive and Twin Star were both failures.
It's AMAZING that you guys simply chose to FORGET or blatantly DON'T wanna mention Boruto... And it's pretty good so far... And guess what? It's pierrot... And guess what 2? IT'S FILLER. Or is it not? I'm confused.

But yeah, the designs are BEYOND bad. But I don't care, I just wanna see you guys pissed because BC is succeding despite everything and everybody... and I LOVE THIS.

You know what would be even more funny? Despite the clearly bad script, the clearly bad adapation designs (so far)... IF the manga can outsellf MHA growth... Oh but I would laught my ass out.
 
Last edited:

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
Bc will sell well and no one cant stop it. Its just given. Young people will like it and buy the manga. Jump will every time. They dont care what some old weebs think its good.
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
This isn't so much a case of bad designs but more that the illustrator was unable to depict the characters properly. Its not really indicative of what to expect once the anime starts. Some of Heroaca's magazine illustrations were also rather off. For example:

The illustration itself is good but the designs themselves are off.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It's AMAZING that you guys simply chose to FORGET or blatantly DON'T wanna mention Boruto... And it's pretty good so far... And guess what? It's pierrot... And guess what 2? IT'S FILLER. Or is it not? I'm confused.

But yeah, the designs are BEYOND bad. But I don't care, I just wanna see you guys pissed because BC is succeding despite everything and everybody... and I LOVE THIS.

You know what would be even more funny? Despite the clearly back script, the clearly bad adapation designs (so far)... IF the manga can outsellf MHA growth... Oh but I would laught my ass out.
I think they only mentioned the series that can stand up for themselves, it is not the case of Boruto, who lives in the shadows of Naruto (both the series and the son who entitles the series XD). Boruto is not that great by far, it just sells well because it is Naruto "sequel". The same is true for the anime.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I think they only mentioned the series that can stand up for themselves, it is not the case of Boruto, who lives in the shadows of Naruto (both the series and the son who entitles the series XD). Boruto is not that great by far, it just sells well because it is Naruto "sequel". The same is true for the anime.
I did not even mentioning the sales... The manga is HIDEOUS... The anime however is watchable and MILES BETTER than what Shippuuden was in the final hundred of episodes? haha.

But yeah I think BC anime will be bad but will succeed regardless. Why? No fucking idea. But I still love it.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I did not even mentioning the sales... The manga is HIDEOUS... The anime however is watchable and MILES BETTER than what Shippuuden was in the final hundred of episodes? haha.

But yeah I think BC anime will be bad but will succeed regardless. Why? No fucking idea. But I still love it.
You are so in need for our attention that you have to pretend you disagree with us with nonsensical argument just to see our reactions? People here don't like tsundere personality, so you are wasting your time. XD
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
You are so in need for our attention that you have to pretend you disagree with us with nonsensical argument just to see our reactions? People here don't like tsundere personality, so you are wasting your time. XD
Not really, I just want everything to burn and that precious moment where I can say with all my lungs, heart and being: Hate to say I told you so.

And don't worry, your precious WCS will die regardless of BC success or failure. You know it XD
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
The designs for the Bnha one aren't off, it's just a weird angle and it does not help that the picture is very badly taken.
Here's a better one then:

You can clearly see that Todoroki and Deku are off even if you argue that its the angle, but the overall illustration is top-tier.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Come on, I liked MHA designs... You guys are just too critical.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Not really, I just want everything to burn and that precious moment where I can say with all my lungs, heart and being: Hate to say I told you so.

And don't worry, your precious WCS will die regardless of BC success or failure. You know it XD
Ironically you seem to care more about seeing us upset than the actual MHA fan, and BC haters.

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of people in this thread won't care that much if Black Clover sold around the same or more than MHA.
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
In a way, the manga is getting what it deserves in terms of an adaptation and I'll stop with that. The Xebec designs were clearly something that had to be put together for a quick OVA. But for the TV anime? Not good, I mean the designs aren't horrible, but they clearly could have been handled better, I mean just look how impeccably well the character designs were handled for Food Wars and Boku no Hero Academia.
Does anyone know that character designs for animation HAVE TO be simplified? Even the Studio Ghibli movies with all of the details they put in their movies, have character designs so simplified, you think they don't fit in the middle of beautifully drawn backgrounds and objects. Anyone who knows about animation knows that the character designs must be simple for animation. Sure, Black Clover has detail, but that detail HAS TO be simplified for animation.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top