Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 492 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoyoboyo

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Those black hats are given to the children when they leave the orphanage.

Also, what was the reason for the references? Just because?

razerxs

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Republic
Those black hats are given to the children when they leave the orphanage.

Also, what was the reason for the references? Just because?
Those hats are white.

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, black hats aren't a Neverland reference. >_>
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Just noticed that Shudan will get a CP next issue. This issue would be its first ranking? Meaning, its 7th chapter?
Isn't it the 8th chapter that's the first ranking?

TyVip

Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
:gwahWait a minute, Shudan already on its 7th chapter???

shoyoboyo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh shit, my mistake.
Also didn't realize Shoodan was already at it's seventh chapter. Still no signs of translation huh?

Avok

Reaction score
Country
How is that winning by yelling? It's no different than every shonen protagonist shouting his attack's name, but since his attacks aren't named he just yells stuff.
Bashing Black Clover is pretty much a meme at this point. The series is plagued with flaws, but almost everyone looks past them and dwell in the sames things that were said back in chapter 1, some of them which are no longer valid.

Leoat12

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
If it still has major flaws, we just have to update our list of complaints and the meme will be safe. :3c

101nemesis

Reaction score
Country
India
Except he didn't actually win against Vetto and I would not call him talking back to some spirit a battle.
To be honest, this is there in most action series that WSJ has had. Even One Piece has it. Even newer big hits like MHA has this although I think the difference is MHA seems to be a smarter series overall relying on tactics as well compared to BC.
I think the only series that doesn't have it or has it in minimal amounts is Hunter x Hunter. I can't seem to recall anything of this sorts in HxH.

TM2

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
The screaming warrior trope is hardly new to shonen writing but criticizing BC for that is kinda petty. Like criticizing a dog for barking.

Tamil

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Technically JJBA has the most "screaming warrior trope" with it's stand cries. Not a big fan of BC but bashing a series like Black Clover or any is an all time low.

ShenGao

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
For me it's about what the screaming achieves. Luffy screamed against Kizaru and he couldn't protect his friends against him, that's ok. Asta met the demon inside his tome for the first time and defeated him within 6 pages by screaming "I'm never giving up", that's not ok. Imagine if Naruto did the same with Kyubi, Ichigo with his Hollow or Toriko with his Oni.
Meeting and defeating a multiple times more powerful enemy within 6 pages by screaming is Fairy Tail level of writing for me.

Koi Kage

Reaction score
Country
United States
For me it's about what the screaming achieves. Luffy screamed against Kizaru and he couldn't protect his friends against him, that's ok. Asta met the demon inside his tome for the first time and defeated him within 6 pages by screaming "I'm never giving up", that's not ok. Imagine if Naruto did the same with Kyubi, Ichigo with his Hollow or Toriko with his Oni.
Meeting and defeating a multiple times more powerful enemy within 6 pages by screaming is Fairy Tail level of writing for me.
I don't see the issue with when Asta was yelling at the "Demon" in the book it actually worked within that context for him exclaiming that he would not be taken over by the Demon and the way I read that particular chapter he did not defeat the demon, also it has never been stated that the Demon could actually harm Asta within that chapter since it dwells within his book, and this is just mild speculation, an harm that will kill the user would result in the book returning to the hall of books and it seems the Demon wants to be released into the "human world" so it be counter productive to harm him anyway.

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
You know that "wining by yelling" is a figure of language, right? It means to win despite having no chance of winning, yelling that will not give up even though he was already defeated many times and still goes back to the fight. We know that it happens a lot, most of the time in Fairy Tail and I hate it more than anything.

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
And in that example, there were more tactics being used against his demon although there was a side of deus ex machina (whether or not it was needed in the greater scope of the story is up to you, I'm personally inclined to let it pass because how else were we going to learn how everything began....)

Savi

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Hi guys, I made a video that list average sales of every direct adapted anime based on WSJ titles, at least what I have info for. Hope you enjoy.

G_I_A

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Shoodan (shouldn't be Shuudan?), stardom or bottom? go.

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Shoodan (shouldn't be Shuudan?), stardom or bottom? go.
It is Shuudan, I said it in the past, but I was ignored.
It will be average, like Dance-bu.

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
Reaction score
Country
United States
You don't honestly believe Asta has completely tamed his inner demon, do you?

ShenGao

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
You don't honestly believe Asta has completely tamed his inner demon, do you?
He could use the demon's power and was conscious. He used the power again in the volcano without any consequences. So yes, that's controlling the demon's power and the demon itself for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.