Discussion Dark Guilds Power Rate [ANNOUNCEMENT!]

Do you want a Combined Power Rate?

  • Yes

  • No

  • Yes, but without August and Irene

  • Yes, but without August and Irene, and Natsu cannot use "Flames of Savage Emotions" or the 7DS Power

  • Yes but Natsu cannot use "Flames of Savage Emotions" or the 7DS Power


The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Anti Hero 3:16

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2017
Messages
588
Reaction score
785
Age
35
Country
United States
How abput adding movie dragon cry villain characters in the race. They were pretty strong too giving team natsu a lot of trouble.
 

Crescent Jinx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
2,289
Reaction score
15,384
Gender
Female
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Hmmm..... it's a good idea? Will people be active enough? I would do it. What about a battle ranking tho?

We do have 2017 nominations for battles as @Emperor Spriggan said but a lot of Alvarez fights got through when Mira vs Freed, Natsu vs Jellal, Natsu and Gajeel vs Laxus, Laxus vs Mystogan, Makarov be Jose, Erza vs 100. And I think if we had to actually give a point value. There would be different battles on top. The Mard and Hades fight would still be high.

IF it is a "no" to my idea then I will say "yes" to your idea but can we add Cana and Elfman?
 

Anti Hero 3:16

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2017
Messages
588
Reaction score
785
Age
35
Country
United States
Hmmm..... it's a good idea? Will people be active enough? I would do it. What about a battle ranking tho?

We do have 2017 nominations for battles as @Emperor Spriggan said but a lot of Alvarez fights got through when Mira vs Freed, Natsu vs Jellal, Natsu and Gajeel vs Laxus, Laxus vs Mystogan, Makarov be Jose, Erza vs 100. And I think if we had to actually give a point value. There would be different battles on top. The Mard and Hades fight would still be high.

IF it is a "no" to my idea then I will say "yes" to your idea but can we add Cana and Elfman?
Great idea,that would be excellant many excellant fights were left out and in addition to this, how about doing a ranking nased on the most impressive attacks or seplls based on the effect on opponent they were used.(like sema, red lightning, eternal flare or demolition fist in DF mode). That could be an option after this rankings.
 

Star Frost

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 1, 2015
Messages
2,378
Reaction score
4,634
Country
United States
Hmmm..... it's a good idea? Will people be active enough? I would do it. What about a battle ranking tho?

We do have 2017 nominations for battles as @Emperor Spriggan said but a lot of Alvarez fights got through when Mira vs Freed, Natsu vs Jellal, Natsu and Gajeel vs Laxus, Laxus vs Mystogan, Makarov be Jose, Erza vs 100. And I think if we had to actually give a point value. There would be different battles on top. The Mard and Hades fight would still be high.

IF it is a "no" to my idea then I will say "yes" to your idea but can we add Cana and Elfman?
I thought Elfman was included in the Ishgar Alliance one.
 

Crescent Jinx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
2,289
Reaction score
15,384
Gender
Female
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
The way I was thinking since the manga itself has way too many fights (120+ is way to many) would be ok to do them similar to how these ranks. Like how Ishgar and the dark ranks were except have arcs instead of guild.....

You take the best from each arc

Lyon vs Gray

Cuz let's be real. Was there another fight that should be in here?

Elfman vs Sol
Natsu vs Gajeel
Juvia vs Gray
Jose vs Makarov
Erza vs Aria
Natsu vs Totomaru

????

Then only problems I see with this would be Gmg/Alvarez because it's so large and Natsu's fights cuz he might fight 300 x's in one arc. So think Natsu fights an arc should have a limit. And someone with balls would just have to make a a decision on which fights wouldn't make it for the larger arcs.
 

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
yes, but no August and Irene. This is purely for issues of predictability, as we are aware that while Spriggans are hax in general, these two in particular are monstrous and can throw a spanner in the works for some people.​
You hate me don't you saber? @MLG Bradman
 

Ebony Maw

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
1,995
Reaction score
8,124
Gender
Male
Country
Sabertooth
Added another option to the polls.

This is the last update I'm going to make to the poll, but I figured I should give people this option in case they want August and Irene in the rankings but also with a restricted Natsu.

Hope this gives you guys more choice.
You hate me don't you saber? @MLG Bradman
Better? :heh
 

Anti Hero 3:16

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2017
Messages
588
Reaction score
785
Age
35
Country
United States
Added another option to the polls.

This is the last update I'm going to make to the poll, but I figured I should give people this option in case they want August and Irene in the rankings but also with a restricted Natsu.

Hope this gives you guys more choice.

Better? :heh
Actually that is a great option pal, it would be another good august vs irene debate for the top post. Besides flames of emotion and 7 DS power should be kept out. I always assume those fights never happened. Besides what about some extreme POF, moments like wendy's performance vs acnologia and irene and broken erza and sword shower vs acnologia should be restricted as well as they also made no sense.
By the way I had to change my vote just for the sake of another irene vs august debate.
 

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Added another option to the polls.

This is the last update I'm going to make to the poll, but I figured I should give people this option in case they want August and Irene in the rankings but also with a restricted Natsu.

Hope this gives you guys more choice.

Better? :heh
:hurr yes.
 

Ebony Maw

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
1,995
Reaction score
8,124
Gender
Male
Country
Sabertooth
So you like @Belserion more than me, after everything we went through together :emocat

No Flames of Savage Emotions :gwah

I feel betrayed :-_-
My boi, I'll happily betray anyone (or anything for that matter) if it keeps Flames of Savage Emotions and the 7DS power up out of this rating. :3c

I mean, it could go OK if I left those in, but:

a) I have a feeling that the top 3 would turn into a salt fest (though it will anyway if Bradman isn't there)
b) I don't think anyone wants to see arguments like "Natsu is more powerful because he can burn through August's magic"
 

Jko

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 28, 2016
Messages
7,448
Reaction score
18,767
Country
United States
Without SF or END DiMaria should be numero uno. No one can best her timestop besides the Top/God tiers.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Well if a new rate is conducted as the previous ones were then by all mean lets have another. Thanks to those who've put in the time to make them happen.

I personally don't mind if August or Irene are in it. At least then I can give them 10's, and all the other scrubs 1's. But yea, if you do combine a whole heap of PL's then it's only logical to trim the outliers. I'd cull Natsu as well, he oneshotted too many people. If you trial and error with some power rates of your own, you'll know it's a good one when you have a 'nice looking' distribution over the 10 values. By nice looking I'd say most of the characters 1-5, less characters at the top.

Perhaps we should leave this judgement up to the creators, I think we can live with that.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
I will prefer if August,Irene and Natsu and Zeref are completely excluded from this tournament.

So that other participants get spotlight.

Regarding whether or not we hold any other tournament?My answer is

YES YES YES
I want it.I want to see another tournament.
 

Gryffindor

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2017
Messages
158
Reaction score
4,056
Country
Gotei 13
At the moment, the characters who will be participating and the restrictions (or lack thereof) that they’ll have hasn’t been decided yet, most of it hinges on the poll results. There is also the contemplation of other characters to include who never got a chance to be rated in the previous rates like Future Rogue and Sherria.

Natsu, Irene, and August are special cases for obvious reasons. August is too broken that I don’t even think it’s possible to nerf him. Irene can be nerfed, we could relegate her to only her human form and exclude her dragon form. As for Natsu, Savage Emotions and the 7DS power has been excluded because we want to avoid the Base Natsu>everyone and everything narrative regardless of its legitimacy or non-legitimacy. I don’t see nothing wrong with having E.N.D. but those are things that will be finalized once we know for sure that there is enough support to go on and have the rate.

We appreciate all feedback and are taking everyone’s suggestions into consideration. There is also the idea of increasing the rate range from 1-10 to 1-15, we'd also like to hear everyone's thoughts on that as well.
Here is a tentative list of participants:
August
Irene
Larcade
Brandish
Ajeel
DiMaria
Invel
Wall
Neinhart
Bloodman
Jacob
Serena
Lucy
Cobra
Midnight
Wendy
Jura
Rogue
Minerva
Kagura
Mirajane
Gajeel
Sting
Erza
Gray
Jellal
Laxus
Gildarts
Natsu
Elfman
Cana
Lyon
Ultear
Mard
Precht
Kyoka
Future Rogue
Silver
Arlock
Sherria
40 total so far
*Please note that this is by no means the final list, and it is subject to change and most likely will depending on poll results and user feedback.
a) I have a feeling that the top 3 would turn into a salt fest (though it will anyway if Bradman isn't there)
Aren't you underrating Bradman Pitt? Have more faith. August can't copy curses so he's definitely top 2
 
Top