Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Lol, I figured it was something like that. I do like physical better but it's honestly so convenient to go digital. You buy it and then two seconds later it appears on your queue. Unless you either preorder or do one-day shipping it takes a lot longer.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
"Why buy something you can get for free with less hassle" is not an argument for obvious reasons and I will not comment about this.

I have been gradually moving to digital since I started to read Japanese decently mostly because there is absolutely no space to put everything I want to read and I think many Japanese readers who seek for new series frequently share the same concern as me, that's the reason digital sales are increasing significantly. Sure, in Japan is easier to read something and then sell it or go to a manga cafe, but you still want to have your favorite series at hand and since the market is so big, even your favorite group, which is selective, is still a good amount of volumes. When Amazon improves Kindle Unlimited service in Japan, it will probably be a revolution. The options are not that good yet. I would definitely fake a Japanese address to subscribe to Kindle Unlimited if there were Jump series and all that. Who knows Shueisha starts a rental system like other publishers are doing, I think it is even more convenient.

Therefore, I'm only buying physical now series that I was already buying in the past. "We Never Learn" has the potential to be an exception, but I'm thinking about that...

The only thing I want from Shueisha after this news is the numbers. I hope they put a digital sales session on their Media Guide from now on.
 
Last edited:

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think I will be moving to digital too
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
November 2nd Volume Releases
One Piece #87
Shokugeki no Soma #27
Hinomaru Sumo #17
My Hero Academia #16
Isobe Isobee Monogatari #15
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san #8
Boruto #4
Shudan! #1
Dragon Ball Super #4
Otokozaka #7
Fire Punch #7
Food Fighter Tabelu #6
My Hero Academia Smash! #5
Bye Bye Humanity #5
A life shared with you, to dream for one last time. #3
Dragon Ball Gaiden -Tensei Shitara Yamcha Datta Ken-
Yumi Dzuka Iroha wa Tejun ga Daiji #1
Aisareru Yori - Saretai - #1
To LOVE-Ru 10th Anniversary Book (w/Anime DVD Edition)

Samon #11 was apparently moved to a different date.
Cross Account #1 releases Oct 4th.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Shoseki Manga Sales Rankings (31/7-6/8)
1. One Piece 86
2. Haikyu!! 27
8. Black Clover 12
11. Kimetsu no Yaiba 7
19. We Never Learn 2
45. Samon the Summoner 10
296. Demon Prince Poro's Diaries 2

30位20300/50位14700/100位8900/200位5900/300位3700/400位2850/500位2300
 
Last edited:

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Tsutaya Ranking (July 31-Aug 6) - 3 days of sales
1. One Piece #86
2. Haikyuu!! #27
3. One Punch Man #14
6. Black Clover #12
12. Kimetsu no Yaiba #7
14. New Prince of Tennis #21
19. We Never Learn #2
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I wonder how many volumes will be necessary for We Never Learn to surpass Kimetsu no Yaiba...
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
It already had a much better start than Kimetsu so it probably might surpass it around volume 5. It has a broader appeal I think.
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
WNL should sell better in volume 3 or 4. Kimetsy have lower salles than even world trigger.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Magazine Print Numbers - Jan-Mar to Apr-Jun
WSJ - 1915000 -> 1858333
Magazine - 964158 -> 932713
Sunday - 319667 -> 315750

 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
How many copies did WNL sell again? I don't think it'll surpass KnY by volume 5. KnY's volume sales are growing rapidly too.


Where did KnY (Vol.1-6) rank this week?
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
How many copies did WNL sell again? I don't think it'll surpass KnY by volume 5. KnY's volume sales are growing rapidly too.


Where did KnY (Vol.1-6) rank this week?
356. Vol.6
383. Vol.1
408. Vol.2
418. Vol.5
421. Vol.3
435. Vol.4
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
What? It is out
I know that it is out, you are the one who commented in the past tense "I thought they liked" when the news clearly says the contrary.
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Where did RxL#1 and older volumes of Neverland rank this week?
 

Aizen Moura

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 8, 2017
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Age
26
Country
Brazil
Any predictions for the next toc?
Me: Bolsonaro's Life - New Series by Tite Kubo.
Harapeko no Marie will be canceled.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Where did RxL#1 and older volumes of Neverland rank this week?
63. The Promised Neverland #4
134. The Promised Neverland #3
136. The Promised Neverland #2
143. The Promised Neverland #1
226. Robot x Laserbeam #1
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I just noticed that has been one year since Nisekoi ended, it went by so fast... After reading so many things from other magazines I'm starting to think that it would be better for Komi Naoshi if they published in another magazine, with less pressure.... If he continues in the romance path it would be the best course of action, but if he tries something new I'm not so sure. No matter what he does, Jump has the biggest pressure, so I don't know... His art is not suitable for action manga and the magazine is already saturated, so it would be best try something new in comedy and/or romance in another magazine.
Anyway, now that one year passed, it is time to reread the series and remember all the hate that followed each chapter of it. :P
Nisekoi feeds on hate! XD
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top