Art Volume Covers and Official Art Thread

Anti Hero 3:16

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2017
Messages
588
Reaction score
785
Age
35
Country
United States
"Fairy Tail in Wonderland", according to Amazon will be released on 15th September (the same day as 62nd volume of manga). Kanan Ren is an author of this light novel and one of the previous ones, "Ōedo Fairy Tail".

It's a short novel with illustrations draw in manga style. Popular manga series get few light novels, usually written by someone else with mangaka's drawings, but there are also separate light novel series :)
So, do the light novels also have the different stories and te different endings than the manga?
 

Cat Sidhe26

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 12, 2015
Messages
7,294
Reaction score
16,204
Gender
Female
Country
United States
So, do the light novels also have the different stories and te different endings than the manga?
Light novel can have different endings then a manga. Since light novels can be side stories, prequels, and alternative universes as seen will the Oedo light novel/Fairy Tail Wonderland light novel.
 
Last edited:

Linali

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2015
Messages
1,097
Reaction score
7,292
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
So, do the light novels also have the different stories and te different endings than the manga?
I'd rather call them side stories or Expanded Universe. I never read FT light novels, but this one or "Oedo FT" looks like Alternative Universe, with FT characters, but not FT world :)
 

Cat Sidhe26

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 12, 2015
Messages
7,294
Reaction score
16,204
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Found this on twitter...I think it's a light novel...Does anyone know what it is?
I believe it will be released on September 15
So Lucy is Alice saw that one coming and which character from Alice in Wonderland is Natsu?

is it a light novel
I remember that the Fairy Tail in Wonderland light novel was announced in early this year. So this makes me think that the Fairy Tail in Wonderland light novel is one of the projects that Mashima was talking about. So we have the cafe, the anime, the mobile game, and now the Fairy Tail Wonderland light novel so the next projects should be spin offs/omakes/ovas.
 

Gabo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2015
Messages
1,111
Reaction score
2,111
Age
44
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Found this on twitter...I think it's a light novel...Does anyone know what it is?
I believe it will be released on September 15
"Fairy Tail in Wonderland", according to Amazon will be released on 15th September (the same day as 62nd volume of manga). Kanan Ren is an author of this light novel and one of the previous ones, "Ōedo Fairy Tail".

It's a short novel with illustrations draw in manga style. Popular manga series get few light novels, usually written by someone else with mangaka's drawings, but there are also separate light novel series :)

I Find This



A new Fairy Tail light novel titled “Fairy Tail in Wonderland” will be released on 15 September. The author is Kanan Ren, who also wrote “Oedo Fairy Tail”.

Synopsis:

“妖精の尻尾”メンバーが本の世界に閉じ込められた!? ナツが桃太郎に! グレイは裸の王様!? 童話の登場人物に扮して“妖精の尻尾”が大騒ぎ! カギを握るのは小さなアヒルの“リブロ”。ナツたちは孤独なアヒルを救い、この世界から脱出できるのか!?

The members of Fairy Tail have been imprisoned in a book!? Natsu as Momotaro! Gray as a naked king!? The Fairy Tail members dress up as characters from fairy tales and cause an uproar! A little duck, Libro, holds the key. Can Natsu and friends save the lonely Libro and escape from this world!?

Source: kc.kodansha.co.jp



Read more: http://thefairystales.tumblr.com/#ixzz4pM7HVOt1
 

Linali

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2015
Messages
1,097
Reaction score
7,292
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
Fairy Tail as Fairy Tale :XD So it seems it's EU after all. Plot reminds me one of OVAs, when Team Natsu travelled back in time because of book. Interesting, I see it as nice material for filler :)
 

Cat Sidhe26

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 12, 2015
Messages
7,294
Reaction score
16,204
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Fairy Tail as Fairy Tale :XD So it seems it's EU after all. Plot reminds me one of OVAs, when Team Natsu travelled back in time because of book. Interesting, I see it as nice material for filler :)
What is a EU? This light novel seems like a parallel to the time arc in Rave Master since Team Natsu are traveling back in time because of some book. Also do you think the Fairy Tail in Wonderland light novel, the Oedo light novel, and the Trouble Twins light novel will animated or not?
 

Linali

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2015
Messages
1,097
Reaction score
7,292
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
What is a EU? This light novel seems like a parallel to the time arc in Rave Master since Team Natsu are traveling back in time because of some book. Also do you think the Fairy Tail in Wonderland light novel, the Oedo light novel, and the Trouble Twins light novel will animated or not?
EU means Expanded Universe :) Natsu and others travelled back in time in 3rd OVA, not this LN, but yes, there are similarities to Rave's Truth of Elie arc. This light novel, according to summary @Gabo posted, takes place in FT verse, so it's not Alternative Universe (AU) as I initially thought.
As for screen adaptations of LN... I'm not sure. Depends on how much they want to squeeze out from the series. I would watch it, if they appeared tho, seems interesting :)
 

Rzerox21xx

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
289
Reaction score
836
Age
42
Country
United States
man Im hoping for light novels that revealed more about the future where the Gajevy twins came from. I want to see the offspring from the other couples. that would be awesome. especially since Hiro usually draw a few pages.
 

Cat Sidhe26

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 12, 2015
Messages
7,294
Reaction score
16,204
Gender
Female
Country
United States
EU means Expanded Universe :) Natsu and others travelled back in time in 3rd OVA, not this LN, but yes, there are similarities to Rave's Truth of Elie arc. This light novel, according to summary @Gabo posted, takes place in FT verse, so it's not Alternative Universe (AU) as I initially thought.
As for screen adaptations of LN... I'm not sure. Depends on how much they want to squeeze out from the series. I would watch it, if they appeared tho, seems interesting :)
What similarities does the Fairy Tail in Wonderland light novel have to the Truth of Elie? Well the anime team could a filler arc will animating the light novels and animating the rest of the omakes as well as another filler arc based on the dragon cry movie.
 

Linali

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2015
Messages
1,097
Reaction score
7,292
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
What similarities does the Fairy Tail in Wonderland light novel have to the Truth of Elie?
I don't know, because I was talking about 3rd OVA, not Wonderland :)
 

Cat Sidhe26

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 12, 2015
Messages
7,294
Reaction score
16,204
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I don't know, because I was talking about 3rd OVA, not Wonderland :)
My bad. So what similarities did the 3rd OVA have with the Truth of Elie arc?
 

Linali

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2015
Messages
1,097
Reaction score
7,292
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
You didn't watch it?
1. Travelling back in time
2. Trying desperately to avoid contact with anyone from the past
3. In the end they had to influence timeline (Siegrain had to become guardian of Resha's grave, Natsu had to hurt himself to obtain scar on his neck)
 

Cat Sidhe26

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 12, 2015
Messages
7,294
Reaction score
16,204
Gender
Female
Country
United States
You didn't watch it?
1. Travelling back in time
2. Trying desperately to avoid contact with anyone from the past
3. In the end they had to influence timeline (Siegrain had to become guardian of Resha's grave, Natsu had to hurt himself to obtain scar on his neck)
I didn't watch the 3rd OVA. But seeing how the 3rd OVA parallels to the time arc/Truth of Elie arc and Fairy Tail Zero parallels to King/Gale founding the Shadow Guard/King's flashback of King's past with Gale makes me think that some of the future spin offs will use a Rave Master parallel a focus point for the plot of that said spin off like a parallel of Resha's fake death which I can see being used a focus point for the plot in a future spin off. Also I think the 100 year quest spin off will be Galuna Island 2.0 since it's about Team Natsu going on an S Class mission only this Natsu is allowed to go on this mission and I think Juvia will follow after Team Natsu causing Gildarts or Laxus to go after her to bring Juvia back and at the end of the 100 year quest spin off Lucy will find Aquarius's key because Lucy got Sagittarius's Key at the end of the Galuna Island arc.
 
Last edited:

Linali

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2015
Messages
1,097
Reaction score
7,292
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
Wow, these are detailed predictions :D I also wouldn't be surprised, if 100-years mission will be a theme of spin-off.
Memory Days is pretty good OVA, give it a try, if you have time ;)
 

Cat Sidhe26

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 12, 2015
Messages
7,294
Reaction score
16,204
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Wow, these are detailed predictions :D I also wouldn't be surprised, if 100-years mission will be a theme of spin-off.
Memory Days is pretty good OVA, give it a try, if you have time ;)
Thank you. I wouldn't be surprised either if the 100 year quest is made into a spin off and if the 100 year quest is made into a spin off I wouldn't be surprised that Juvia follows Team Natsu because of Gray since it's something Juvia would do. Also if Gildarts appears in the 100 year quest spin off we would find out what happened between Gildarts/Acnologia on MT Saint Zoina, how Gildarts got his prosthetic arm/leg, and who saved Gildarts. I just finished watching Memory Days and it was really good and Memory Days really reminded me of the time arc/the Truth of Elie arc.
 
Last edited:

Gabo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2015
Messages
1,111
Reaction score
2,111
Age
44
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
I upload this I found, I hope it looks, if you do not see tell me please.

Novel 1












Novel 2










Novel 3











Novel 4










 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Wendy has bait now? :rofl Loke said in 3 years she'll be ready, guess dude didn't feel like waiting. The 4th light novel looks dope, Gajeel's design is the best one easily. The 2nd novel got animated so I wonder if the 3rd or 4th could too. I can already imagine how hype the 3rd would have anime-only watchers, jusssst to see the ending.
 

Cat Sidhe26

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 12, 2015
Messages
7,294
Reaction score
16,204
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Wendy has bait now? :rofl Loke said in 3 years she'll be ready, guess dude didn't feel like waiting. The 4th light novel looks dope, Gajeel's design is the best one easily. The 2nd novel got animated so I wonder if the 3rd or 4th could too. I can already imagine how hype the 3rd would have anime-only watchers, jusssst to see the ending.
Yeah Loke really needs to keep it in his pants and needs to leave Wendy alone. I can see the 3rd light novel/4th light novel being animated part of a filler arc about Gajeel/Juvia's past when they were apart of Phantom Lord as well as Rogue past with Gajeel when Gajeel was apart of Phantom Lord and the remaining omakes getting animated.
 
Last edited:

Angiecakes1990

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 16, 2017
Messages
824
Reaction score
430
Age
36
Country
Australia
does anyone know what the final volume cover looks like
 
Top