Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 528 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamil

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
The thought that Vento Aureo anime may be announced in the next hour or so... :spaz

Last edited:

AllEyez

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
Is this right.?

How did DB jump to 300 mill in a year. And Dunk to 170 mill ?

And Is that global or japan only?

This is kinda hard to believe. I mean is this from Shueisha?

Last edited:

Leoat12

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Comic vine is good for contents and covers. Kanzenshuu's got more details for Dragon Ball only. Nothing on colors though.
That's a great site! I didn't know there was a such a extensive database about Shounen Jump issues. It will be helpful.

brusher35

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Hey, guys even though it is a bit off-topic but there is a thing I don't get about the last page of Slam Dunk.

Does the sentence on the panel "I'll be waiting for the basketball I love so much" belong to the letter Haruko wrote to Sakuragi. Or is that just a thought of Sakuragi himself after he read the letter. Sorry, I am kind of confused.

Last edited by a moderator:

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Hey, guys even though it is a bit off-topic but there is a thing I don't get about the last page of Slam Dunk.

Does the sentence on the panel "I'll be waiting for the basketball I love so much" belong to the letter Haruko wrote to Sakuragi. Or is that just a thought of Sakuragi himself after he read the letter. Sorry, I am kind of confused.
I went to the original Japanese edition to find the answer since typography can be very important in this situation. The font doesn't change since the beginning of the letter up to this part, so I think it is from the letter. And then he answers Haruko with his catchphrase.

brusher35

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I went to the original Japanese edition to find the answer since typography can be very important in this situation. The font doesn't change since the beginning of the letter up to this part, so I think it is from the letter. And then he answers Haruko with his catchphrase.
That is actually the same thought I had. It should belong to the letter because of the same font. Nevertheless, I am really thankful for your effort :D

Shinji Hirako

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Masashi Kudo(Bleach character designer) confirmed that a new Bleach anime will not be made if Noriyuki Abe is not the director.

Caiops

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
TOC today?

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
TeamShuudan

Heiji

Reaction score
Country
Japan

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
There always seem to be someone who has to ask, huh... What's the difficulty in waiting the TOC come out? When it comes out kind souls like @Heiji who spend their time monitoring 2ch, which is a act of charity, to give us the TOC as soon as possible. XD So why worry about that?
Well, at least this time nobody asked why there is no Jump this week. We are slowly evolving. XD

Tamil

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I liked Chingiri, it would make a great parody manga.

I wonder what 2 one shots he has to give. Are they both in WSJ?

Shinji Hirako

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In other news: water is wet.
I can understand where your coming from but I don't think this is the right time to be writing off the possibility of a new Bleach anime with Hoshin Engi receiving a new anime 18 years after the first one. I don't need to tell you which series was more popular as Bleach is one of Jump's top 10 best selling manga of all time.

ElJin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Hey, a new Black Clover's Light Novel focused on Konjiki no Yoake wasn't about to be published? I remember I saw anything like this months ago...

Mammo

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
whoever made the Heibon Doumei oneshot that was published on Jump Plus yesterday does a very good job mimicking Murata's characters designs

ChocoBar9

Reaction score
Country
United States
I can understand where your coming from but I don't think this is the right time to be writing off the possibility of a new Bleach anime with Hoshin Engi receiving a new anime 18 years after the first one. I don't need to tell you which series was more popular as Bleach is one of Jump's top 10 best selling manga of all time.
So is Slam Dunk and its been over 20 years since its anime yet we've had no announcement or interest in a remake. Fact of the matter is that Bleach has as much chance of getting a new anime as any Jump manga all this confirms is that nobody but Abe is interested in taking the reigns of a new Bleach anime which doesn't confirm anything and it certainly means it won't be out any time soon given that he's currently directing Boruto.

Shinji Hirako

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So is Slam Dunk and its been over 20 years since its anime yet we've had no announcement or interest in a remake. Fact of the matter is that Bleach has as much chance of getting a new anime as any Jump manga all this confirms is that nobody but Abe is interested in taking the reigns of a new Bleach anime which doesn't confirm anything and it certainly means it won't be out any time soon given that he's currently directing Boruto.
Your absolutely right that several series have not been revived like Slam Dunk and Rurouni Kenshin that have higher sales per volume than Bleach. I was merely using Hoshin Engi to prove that you can never fully write off any series. None of us know how Shueisha makes decisions over what gets revived. To be honest I am still surprised that Slam Dunk has not received a new anime considering how important it is for sports manga and Jump in general whilst less popular series have received a new anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.