Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
My prediction on KnY's sales was correct and I'm hoping it'll still be there next week.

KnY is catching up to BC.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Kiketsu almost at 100k! It seems like only yesterday that it was hanging out with the 30k club. I'm really glad the editorial department gave it a chance.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
we never learn should sell more than kimetsu next time
We Never Learn growth rate has been better, that's for sure, but I think that volume 3 will not be the one. If it continues in this rhythm it can surpass it by volume 4 or 5. Nisekoi looks more extraordinary than I thought back then in volume 2 release. It sold 94k! It surpassed "Kimestu no Yaiba threshold" by volume 3! XD
 

justsomeguy

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 12, 2016
Messages
43
Reaction score
14
Country
The Wall
Hunter x Hunter is ranking this week. 9th place.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
we never learn should sell more than kimetsu next time
Not really. I expect another boost with volume 8 of KnY because it'll have the finale of the arc which was received well. Even the latest arc is starting off strong and has been nailing the comedy so I don't see it happening unless WNL gets a massive boost.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,073
Reaction score
6,931
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Perhaps its time for jump to consider that hxh is not relevant in 2017.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Hunter x Hunter is really surprising me. Togashi is doing an oneshot, although it is only the story, he is not complaining every week in his commentary, as far as I read, sometime I skip some comments. New Dragon Quest didn't make him budge either! :derp (I'M JOKING GUYS, DON'T TAKE OFFENSE)
I can really see it ending the year on the magazine.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Perhaps its time for jump to consider that hxh is not relevant in 2017.
That bait tho
Hunter x Hunter is really surprising me. Togashi is doing an oneshot, although it is only the story, he is not complaining every week in his commentary, as far as I read, sometime I skip some comments. New Dragon Quest didn't make him budge either! :derp (I'M JOKING GUYS, DON'T TAKE OFFENSE)
I can really see it ending the year on the magazine.
I haven't checked up on his comments since his return. Are they still related to his health?
 

Wellington Balduino

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 17, 2017
Messages
9
Reaction score
6
Age
31
Country
Brazil
Kimetsu selling almost 100k in 2 weeks, what satisfaction does it.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Hunter x Hunter is really surprising me. Togashi is doing an oneshot, although it is only the story, he is not complaining every week in his commentary, as far as I read, sometime I skip some comments. New Dragon Quest didn't make him budge either! :derp (I'M JOKING GUYS, DON'T TAKE OFFENSE)
I can really see it ending the year on the magazine.
I can really see it ending the year on the magazine.
Lol.

Speaking of the author comments, anyone know why mangastream stopped translating them? Does it have to do with that incident where they lost their raws source?
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Lol.

Speaking of the author comments, anyone know why mangastream stopped translating them? Does it have to do with that incident where they lost their raws source?
They said they're busy but why read it from mangastream when you can read it from shonenjump's official facebook page.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Wait where has Togashi mentioned the one shot?

And I feel HxH rank literally doesn't matter
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Happy to see RxL in 4th, and the chapter that was ranked its the one who the best character appear for the first time, my "I'mnotAkashi"
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
They said they're busy but why read it from mangastream when you can read it from shonenjump's official facebook page.
Unfortunately, ESJ only translates the comments from the manga they have in their magazine. I want to see the others too, ya know.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Speaking of HxH, I've been watching the anime from you guys' recommendations and I've been loving it. I've always seen it before but hesitated to try it cause I thought it looked dumb and childish for some reason lol but was wrong. Perfect example of "don't knock it till you try it". I think the one thing this show lacks is females. It might be because I'm so used to having a heroine in the main cast of characters, so it's a small adjustment. The female characters (Menchi, Ponzu, Machi, Shizuku) that are shown are dope, interesting and developed well compared to like Naruto and other shonen but for some reason it's not many of them or they're not focused on as much. I'm still on Yorknew City arc so could be different in the future. So far so good though.
 

WesKR

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2013
Messages
168
Reaction score
105
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Don't worry, I'm sure you'll love Biscuit, she shows up about a third of the way through.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Sorry to say man, but there aren't any main female characters. There are definitely some important side characters, but none are in the main cast.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Sorry to say man, but there aren't any main female characters. There are definitely some important side characters, but none are in the main cast.
It's not really a deal breaker but it is different to see. I do like strong, useful female characters that get adequate screentime in any setting but the ones it does have I can't complain too much about.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So I was looking through the black clover sub-reddit and I stumbled across this image of the background scene of the early parts of Black Clover. It looks really good in my opinion hope this level of quality is sustainable. Original post by asterik_blue over on the Black Clover sub-reddit
 

ElJin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
334
Reaction score
241
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
So I was looking through the black clover sub-reddit and I stumbled across this image of the background scene of the early parts of Black Clover. It looks really good in my opinion hope this level of quality is sustainable. Original post by asterik_blue over on the Black Clover sub-reddit
This image is from the Pierrot's anime? Please, can you send me the link?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top