I'm actually in the same boat, just as of the latest chapter. I finally feel like I'm becoming interested in the world of TPN, due to Shirai's world building as of late, and Demizu's amazing artwork which compliments that world.
Yep, because Don Quixote isn't a story, or is One Piece that isn't a story? Now I'm confused!
Are you speaking for yourself here? Because from what I've seen, not a lot of people are fans of Fishman Island. If you looked around, you would find that arcs with big hype battles and impactful moments are the ones that people like the most. Ennies Lobby, Marineford, Alabasta, etc.
What is the arc with the biggest average of manga sales? OH, It is Fishman Island. And what arc kept a good TV rating? OH, it is Fishman Island.
Just because some people don't appreciate adventure nor "voyages", drama, comedy and other stuff, in just are limited with the "Villain was weak" and "Big hype battles", doesn't mean that most people are like this.
So the Sea Train is a Voyage, right? And Krilling-Gohan-Bulma and Goku going to Namek as well? Right, Right?
While they are on a Journey, the arc is not about the Journey. How is that hard to grasp? Can't you see the difference between the travel to Fishman Island and the experience they got there, with the people in the Whale ship, battling for the place as King? What about that battle as anything to do with the Journey?
Is Battle Royale also a Voyage? Ah, no, it misses the boat. They aren't in a Boat but in an Island so it doesn't count. But not for that little detail I would totally compare it with Fishman Island Arc. And how atypical and how bette as a voyage arc it is in comparison.
Is not about calling the arc a Voyage. But what that implicates. It implicates the comparison with One Piece Arcs(this was the main point of the conversation), and also that a lot of arcs of other mangas and even other arcs in those manga are comparable by the label of the Voyage.
I don't know what happened with Iwamoto, really... It is a complete mystery because Magico was not short, it last more than a year, half ot the magazine now is made of authors who had excruciatingly bad first series and then returned to a success. Why are they not giving Iwamoto another chance? His stories are so bad that are not worth trying? It is the only explanation.
Golem hearts aside, galaxy gangs needs a huge amount of refinement in order to not only succeed but also distinguish itself from Reborn. The characters also need more quirks, though granted this is a oneshot so there might not be enough space to show all of them. Its still a wonder why the mangaka decided to run Ole Golazo instead of this.
Do we even have examples of mangakas that published one shots, serialized completely different series then came back with the serialization of the one shot?
I never heard of that... Aren't you guys just delusional about that?
Golem hearts aside, galaxy gangs needs a huge amount of refinement in order to not only succeed but also distinguish itself from Reborn. The characters also need more quirks, though granted this is a oneshot so there might not be enough space to show all of them. Its still a wonder why the mangaka decided to run Ole Golazo instead of this.
Am I the only one who's not feeling this HxH arc? I'm all for for more Kurapika, but I just don't care, get to the Dark Continent already. The stuff before the boat and Chrollo vs Hisoka were great, but all this prince nonsense just came about out of nowhere and isn't where my interests in the series lie. So many people seem to be loving it, and here I am having the force myself to read the new chapters.
Do we even have examples of mangakas that published one shots, serialized completely different series then came back with the serialization of the one shot?
I never heard of that... Aren't you guys just delusional about that?
Am I the only one who's not feeling this HxH arc? I'm all for for more Kurapika, but I just don't care, get to the Dark Continent already. The stuff before the boat and Chrollo vs Hisoka were great, but all this prince nonsense just came about out of nowhere and isn't where my interests in the series lie. So many people seem to be loving it, and here I am having the force myself to read the new chapters.
Eh, I'm loving it. The fact that the "arc plot" is seemingly unconnected to the past events is classic Hunter x Hunter anyway. Every arc feels dramatically different from the one before it. And I think it's still very well written and compelling. Even though One Piece is killing it lately, I still get more excited to read Hunter x Hunter each week.
Do we even have examples of mangakas that published one shots, serialized completely different series then came back with the serialization of the one shot?
I never heard of that... Aren't you guys just delusional about that?
I'm not even sure they'll get to the dark continent. We're maybe two days into a two month voyage and all of Kurapika's interests are on the boat: eyeballs, spiders, employment. This slow burn is going to payoff in a violent way. I'd be more excited if there weren't a hiatus lurking around the corner.
I want Toteku to be the next "author was just waiting a bit before starting it to make it less likely he'll get 10-weeked" series, I really liked the oneshot for some reason.
I want Toteku to be the next "author was just waiting a bit before starting it to make it less likely he'll get 10-weeked" series, I really liked the oneshot for some reason.
Toteku was a better concept than Puro, which was bottom of Shounen Champion quality. He just didn't have the imagination to make a compelling world, which Toteku would've needed to thrive. Hopefully he comes back with confidence.
I actually thought Poro had the best pilot chapter of the batch. I figured it'd be a Angel Densetsu ripoff with his attitude and the bullies hanging around. Instead he just kept adding characters and doing cliche gags. It was such a waste.
There's been an update to our forum rules to broaden crediting/sourcing to all series news/announcement, etc. Please read HERE
To manage thread loading speeds and general user experience, we'd apppreciate if volume covers could be wrapped in spoiler threads, going forward. If you have any questions, reach out to a staff member. Thanks for your cooperation.
We use cookies
Essential cookies keep the site working. Analytics cookies help us improve.