Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Also I checked the raws and it seems zumou is not going anywhere and this next arc... Fuck will be amazing!
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Dr. Stone #2
It looks like most of Dr. Stones volume covers are probably going to be muddied by the unnecessary stone texture. I don't know if it's just me but did they change Senkuu's hair color because I thought it was blonde not sliver.
 

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
I guess that settles it, Dr. Stone's covers will always be 1/3 ugly with the title in front of that unnecessary stone background.
 

XtrnlArdent

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2017
Messages
96
Reaction score
28
Age
28
Country
Spain
I thought that the BnHA cover was better, disappointed. That Yuragi and Souma covers though, happy to see the cover Rindou deserves.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MHA lamest cover ever. It's not even hand made... This digital covers sucks hardcorely.
Another Dr. Stone lame cover as well...

Zumou and Souma clearly won that.
 
Last edited:

XtrnlArdent

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2017
Messages
96
Reaction score
28
Age
28
Country
Spain
Will all the covers of Dr. Stone have that stone thing? It's pretty awful tbh, if it was a manga I've never seen before I'd never buy it probably.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
WHERE ARE THE TENGU WINGSSS??? :gwah:gwah:gwah:gwah:gwah:gwah
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Yuragi's singular covers fit so well. The Tengu looks great. MHA's is decent, Deku contemplates a lot in this volume regarding what occurred so I see the symbolism.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Wow, so Dr Stone covers confirmed shit forever?
That Rindou cover is too good.
One of the best girls on Yuragi cover? :super
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I'm a sucker for minimalism, so MHA has the best cover to me
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Production IG stop dicking around and pickup HZ already.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I initially resigned my hopes for a HZ anime since I was under the assumption that it was ending soon. Now that that doesn't seem to be the case anymore, I hope we can get one at some point, if only so that more people could appreciate it. It gets overlooked, but it's one of the best series in the magazine imo. I also need to catch up on the scans. I'm a good 40 chapters behind.
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I don't think HZ will get an anime :(
 
Last edited:

Avok

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2015
Messages
477
Reaction score
363
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
Worst cover of MHA so far.
 

Mr.Fujimaster

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Messages
437
Reaction score
304
Country
Brazil
The Promised Neverland #5


Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Souma #26


My Hero Academia #15


Dr. Stone #2


Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san #7
All the covers are beautiful.
I would say that the most beautiful is from Neverland and Hinomaru Zumou.
The cover of Dr.Stone and My Hero Academy is OK.
 

perroloco

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
915
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
I think that My Hero Academia cover has to be the worst manga cover I have ever seen, heck not just manga, probably the worst cover ever in everything: games, magazines, books, manga, etc.. even the expression on the main character looks sad (Though, I dunno if something sad happens in that volume, but still... A sad face isn't the best way to advertise your manga lol)

Anyways here's a short documentary that talks about JUMP, thought you guys would like it, I certainly did, though most of the info in it is nothing new if you read Bakuman, but still is an interesting watch if you like Jump in general.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
The Promised Neverland #5


Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Souma #26


My Hero Academia #15


Dr. Stone #2


Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san #7
Love the YnY, Neverland, and SnS covers.
What is that background in MHA's cover? Pretty disappointing cover though.
I think that My Hero Academia cover has to be the worst manga cover I have ever seen, heck not just manga, probably the worst cover ever in everything: games, magazines, books, manga, etc.. even the expression on the main character looks sad (Though, I dunno if something sad happens in that volume, but still... A sad face isn't the best way to advertise your manga lol)

Anyways here's a short documentary that talks about JUMP, thought you guys would like it.
Somebody posted that video already I think.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top