Games Mafia Game 56 - Dragon Ball Z: A New Threat - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Only someone who doesn't know lawl would say that

He's not that bad, he's arguably much worse



There's no such thing as real trust in this game, you're only more or less suspicious than the next best guy till your role is confirmed or you die, whichever comes first

Basically, point your chubby finger at someone else you think is more suspicious than yourself!
Panda you gonna adopt the same playstyle as last game or not? Don't want you to be too cozy in the backlines if you're mafia.

Also, since you have not voter disease I believe you can pass it onto someone else this night? So start thinking about it during this day for who should take it.
 

Totinona

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2008
Messages
886
Reaction score
8,968
Country
Fun Forum
  • Not Voter Disease (Unassigned): The infected player cannot vote. The person who has it last decides on the Night phase who gets it next. If it is passed to the Healthy Townie, its effect is neutralized and the secondary role dies.
In case anyone was wondering what it was like me. :cookiehand
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,585
Gender
Female
Country
China
Also, I agree with Gry. We should try to make a different D1 for a change. Less randoming about. There might be little to go on, but only if we let it remain that way.
Even if you don't claim or even hint, you could state your suspects and why, no matter how slight the reason is.
The noob hunting tactic is arguably the most reliable day 1 tactic if you want to go about it like that. Only a true noob, someone with zero experience playing this game, could provide us with (read: be tricked into giving) valuable information. Anyone else will know that day 1 is the only day anything you say can be hand waved away because it's, well, day 1. The randoming about is done to pass time, meet the post limit, all because there's nothing reliable to go on. The MH meta is that of pointing fingers at the one who has revealed the most information, or better yet, who has the most information revealed about them, till we cull enough numbers. Ultimately, there's little point in doing something else than bantering.

Though an alternative could be to simply gather enough energy and just kill another player and hope that the benefit of culling numbers outweighs the cost of the risk of killing townies
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
You did it right, the explanation isn't mandatory though XD. So, any reason for that vote?
It was between Brandish and Lakhan,flipped a coin, heads was Brandish and tails was lakhan.
Got heads :3c
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
And speaking of, Gry you seem to be rather motivated and interested in this game already. More so than usual iirc. Any particular reason for this? It doesn't seem to be something to do with your role either since you said you won't need to do heavy lifting this game
I have hosted the past 4 games and been a year or so since I last played, so I'm enjoying myself even though I'm town again. In case I die at any night I want to have contributed somewhat, even if it's just the first day.

Also, I agree with Gry. We should try to make a different D1 for a change. Less randoming about. There might be little to go on, but only if we let it remain that way.
Even if you don't claim or even hint, you could state your suspects and why, no matter how slight the reason is.
Yeah would be good. At least saying suspects/trustworthy people could influence the mafia enough for them to kill or spare certain people, which can be taken into consideration in a later day phase. Day 1 doesn't have to be useless unless we make it so.

And in a 28 player game mafia has a lot of targets to pick from, so I really think giving hints already has little to no detriments for us, but it is worse for mafia.
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
You're shitting me :notlikethis
Poor acting skills my dear friend. You were one of the people who got deceived hard in the Waifu Wars by me. :/

Dunno what kinda impression you're trying to leave when you like said kind of posts...
You put way too much weight on the like button.

You made your reputation what it is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ So far I'm not for lynching you, but the lawl-esque playstyle usually doesn't survive long.
What if I tell you that I indeed read the pm?
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
In case anyone was wondering what it was like me. :cookiehand
Keep in mind, that not voter disease by itself isn't a role, so panda can be any townie/mafia/3rd party role and still have not voter disease as a secondary affect to move onto other players.
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Poor acting skills my dear friend. You were one of the people who got deceived hard in the Waifu Wars by me. :7


You put way too much weight on the like button.


What if I tell you that I indeed read the pm?
I tried lol. Not really surprised, but it would have been cool to at least pretend.
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,585
Gender
Female
Country
China
I don't need memes to save me.
Do you have something else that will save you? Some... friends perhaps? :^)

You made your reputation what it is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ So far I'm not for lynching you, but the lawl-esque playstyle usually doesn't survive long.
Actually Magi has a very respectable win rate

And speaking of, Gry you seem to be rather motivated and interested in this game already. More so than usual iirc. Any particular reason for this? It doesn't seem to be something to do with your role either since you said you won't need to do heavy lifting this game
Maybe it's a passive role?

Panda you gonna adopt the same playstyle as last game or not? Don't want you to be too cozy in the backlines if you're mafia.

Also, since you have not voter disease I believe you can pass it onto someone else this night? So start thinking about it during this day for who should take it.
Eh, hard to say. I really hate the 'do as little as possible to survive as long as possible' playstyle, but in most cases it actually doesn't work out too bad at all (except in, of course, my case). Well, being as back line as I was in previous games, nor did picking a fight with someone and hoping for the best... But at least that was more fun. So I think I'll do both: sit back till I find someone to bully and then suffer a painful death absolutely in vain.

And yeah, I will.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Though an alternative could be to simply gather enough energy and just kill another player and hope that the benefit of culling numbers outweighs the cost of the risk of killing townies
This makes me a bit suspicious panda. In what world would culling our own town numbers ever be a good thing for us? If anything it decreases the time detectives and other roles have to confirm us someone's lies.
 

Kato756

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2014
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
2,467
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Good morning people!

@Erinyes , I know that people have diferent timezones, I was just using that list to make it easier for us to keep track of everyone, since we do have a lot of people this time around, sorry for any misunderstadings :C

@Jammin , I feel pretty tempeted to vote for you, because we all know deep into our hearts that Androssi is shit and the true best girl of ToG is Yeon!

Also, I find it incredible that WYIS always manages to look like mafia in the games I have played
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
What if I tell you that I indeed read the pm?
Then I would ask you why you're lying to us then? Just doing that for shits and giggles isn't helping us in this game.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Actually Magi has a very respectable win rate
Does she? The Gantz game was a mess at the end so I count that to have no winners, she lost the magi game, the overwatch game, and the bleach game too I think? Can't recall any won games of her. And I meant her dying earlier rather than her not winning, but yeah.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Eh, hard to say. I really hate the 'do as little as possible to survive as long as possible' playstyle, but in most cases it actually doesn't work out too bad at all (except in, of course, my case). Well, being as back line as I was in previous games, nor did picking a fight with someone and hoping for the best... But at least that was more fun. So I think I'll do both: sit back till I find someone to bully and then suffer a painful death absolutely in vain.
Same, I hate the strat. Which is why I'm especially careful of both @A.ulq and @Lambu because they both pulled the "as inactive as possible" strat when they were mafia and were highly successful with it. Which is why I'd very easily lock my vote on any backseat players this game, because it's very bad for town and very effective for mafia.
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,585
Gender
Female
Country
China
This makes me a bit suspicious panda. In what world would culling our own town numbers ever be a good thing for us? If anything it decreases the time detectives and other roles have to confirm us someone's lies.
Well the objective of the game is to win as town, not win with as many people as possible. I'll agree that culling numbers in itself is not good for the town faction, but it also does good things for us. We're playing with ~30 people. The odds of finding mafia players improve as we cull players, we get rid of players that are suspect or in this case, could be suspect, and consequently reduce the amount of players detectives will have to choose from if they have to investigate. We're playing with this many people, so the game should go on for a few nights provided there aren't like 3 killing parties - if we don't cull the detectives, and preferably no other important roles, I'd say there was at least some value to town. Also, about the killing parties, there should be at least 2. Perhaps something third party related; if we kill 2 people today while everyone is alive, we should have a decent chance to hit them honestly.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,370
Gender
Male
Country
France
, I feel pretty tempeted to vote for you, because we all know deep into our hearts that Androssi is shit and the true best girl of ToG is Yeon!
It is a good thing for you that I voted for Spirit already. I don't want to lock vote so early.
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,585
Gender
Female
Country
China
Same, I hate the strat. Which is why I'm especially careful of both @A.ulq and @Lambu because they both pulled the "as inactive as possible" strat when they were mafia and were highly successful with it. Which is why I'd very easily lock my vote on any backseat players this game, because it's very bad for town and very effective for mafia.
Yeah, so all things considered, with whatever time and resources we have left, we (you guys since Im underage) could just vote to kill whatever player seems to, or is likely to, provide the least input, quantitatively or qualitatively
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top