Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Jiraiya, Roshi, Zeno. Old people in shonen to me are more mascot characters than anything, don't really think too much or hard about them. Strong when they go all out but goofy and perverted on any other occasion.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Wow, can't believe I forgot about Jiraiya. I loved his character and he should've been on there instead of the 3rd.
 

razerxs

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2017
Messages
396
Reaction score
740
Country
Galactic Republic
All the old guys in Toriko were so great.

And here's this week's game of
44号
ブラクロ
ソーマ
ワンピ
ストーン
ネバラン
鬼滅
勉強
ロボ
魔法少年X ※金未来杯Cカラー
斉木
ゆらぎ ※Cカラー
ヒロアカ
火ノ丸
ハイキュー ※Cカラー
銀魂
青春
シューダン
クロアカ
マリー
磯部

45号
巻頭:リコピン
Cカラー:ストーン、勉強、火ノ丸
 
Last edited:

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Whelp since razerxs posted it, and the fact that its freaking Tuesday, I'm just going to say fake
 

Mr.Fujimaster

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Messages
437
Reaction score
304
Country
Brazil
Anyway, who's your fav. elderly in the jump magazine?
My top 5 is:
Master Roshi
Yamamoto Genryuusai
Anzai
Rayleigh
Jiraiya

Bonus: Joseph Joestar (Stardust Crusaders)
 
Last edited:

razerxs

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2017
Messages
396
Reaction score
740
Country
Galactic Republic
Kaizou 10 confirmed this one?

Shounen Jump Issue 44:
Black Clover (Cover, Lead CP)
Shokugeki no Souma
One Piece
Dr. Stone
Yakusoku no Neverland
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Boku-tachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai
Robot×Laserbeam
Mahou Shounen X (CP, Golden Future Cup Entry #5)
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san (CP)
Boku no Hero Academia
Hinomaru Zumou
Haikyuu!! (CP)
Gintama
Spring Weapon Number One
Shoodan!
Cross Account
Harapeko no Marie
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Shounen Jump Issue 45:
Cover, Lead CP: Tomatoypoo no Lycopene (New Series by Ohishi Kouji (author of Inumarudashii))
CP: Hinomaru Zumou, Boku-tachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai, Dr. Stone

Shounen Jump Issue 47:
New Series: Fulldrive (by Ono Genki)

Shounen Jump Issue 48:
New Series: Goldem Hearts (by Ohsuga Gen)
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Kaizou 10 confirmed this one?

Shounen Jump Issue 44:
Black Clover (Cover, Lead CP)
Shokugeki no Souma
One Piece
Dr. Stone
Yakusoku no Neverland
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Boku-tachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai
Robot×Laserbeam
Mahou Shounen X (CP, Golden Future Cup Entry #5)
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san (CP)
Boku no Hero Academia
Hinomaru Zumou
Haikyuu!! (CP)
Gintama
Spring Weapon Number One
Shoodan!
Cross Account
Harapeko no Marie
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Shounen Jump Issue 45:
Cover, Lead CP: Tomatoypoo no Lycopene (New Series by Ohishi Kouji (author of Inumarudashii))
CP: Hinomaru Zumou, Boku-tachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai, Dr. Stone

Shounen Jump Issue 47:
New Series: Fulldrive (by Ono Genki)

Shounen Jump Issue 48:
New Series: Goldem Hearts (by Ohsuga Gen)
This was also the order that the leak on 2ch which was deemed real had. Heroaca's drop is for real as this is the 3rd week where is in the lower middle. This was one of the Togaice chapters as well which were really good so this is most probably a reaction to the drawn out length of the arc. Even if the beginning is good, readers can get tired and want to read something different. Horikoshi's best bet to to end this as quickly and cleanly as possible because the position may not rise until the Mirio chapters.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,291
Reaction score
7,316
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I'm still a bit hesitant to believe it but if it's real, I'm guessing that means the usual current bottom 3 of Marie, Cross Account, and Shudan will be ending and Spring Weapon will somehow still stick around for longer (also still no World Trigger is a bad sign, it's approaching HxH length hiatus now).

only thing I can find on the second new series' creator is that he done some kind of school vampire oneshot back in 2013.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Kaizou 10 confirmed this one?

Shounen Jump Issue 44:
Black Clover (Cover, Lead CP)
Shokugeki no Souma
One Piece
Dr. Stone
Yakusoku no Neverland
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Boku-tachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai
Robot×Laserbeam
Mahou Shounen X (CP, Golden Future Cup Entry #5)
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san (CP)
Boku no Hero Academia
Hinomaru Zumou
Haikyuu!! (CP)
Gintama
Spring Weapon Number One
Shoodan!
Cross Account
Harapeko no Marie
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Shounen Jump Issue 45:
Cover, Lead CP: Tomatoypoo no Lycopene (New Series by Ohishi Kouji (author of Inumarudashii))
CP: Hinomaru Zumou, Boku-tachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai, Dr. Stone

Shounen Jump Issue 47:
New Series: Fulldrive (by Ono Genki)

Shounen Jump Issue 48:
New Series: Goldem Hearts (by Ohsuga Gen)
Genki Ono did this in Jump NEXT in Dec 2013.
https://myanimelist.net/manga/72129/Dov_no_Kyuuki
Here's the Chinese-translated OS: https://tieba.baidu.com/p/3662078252
He also did a oneshot for the Treasure Award back in 2011.
http://jumpbookstore.com/client_inf....html?tw=2&lin=1&cid=SHSA_ST01MOL013170001_57
He did this oneshot in 2015.
http://tw.manhuagui.com/comic/16728/
And finally, did a OS in Jump Giga 2016 vol. 2. Couldn't find the raw for it.
http://www.shonenjump.com/j/jumpgiga/_sp/index2016-2.html
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So does this means that raws are coming early this week or someone leaked the TOC early? I'd still wait for a scan just in case.
 

razerxs

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2017
Messages
396
Reaction score
740
Country
Galactic Republic
Spring Weapon will somehow still stick around for longer
Spring Weapon actually hits its anniversary in two weeks. But it could still get axed like Uratarou.

someone leaked the TOC early? I'd still wait for a scan just in case.
It's allegedly the same 2ch guy who quit. Back for the new series announcement.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
WNL getting another color page after it just got one last issue is a bit suspicious.
I saw this TOC on the Yuragi Shitaraba thread, which is mostly trustworthy, but haven't seen anything on Baidu or MangaMagJapon yet.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wait, that golem heart oneshot is gonna be a series?!

That's fucking awesome, if true.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,291
Reaction score
7,316
Age
33
Country
Scotland
don't get too excited, there are quite a few good oneshots that either just didn't work as series (Goblin Knight) or changed a bunch of stuff and lost the things people liked (Hungry Joker).
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
don't get too excited, there are quite a few good oneshots that either just didn't work as series (Goblin Knight) or changed a bunch of stuff and lost the things people liked (Hungry Joker).
Except the author ran that oneshot multiple times, improving it each time. To continually run the same oneshot over and over signifies to me that it's a passion project for him.
 

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2015
Messages
4,312
Reaction score
3,702
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
I don't remember much about UBS, but I think it had some of the weirdest female character designs I've seen in a while.
Also while I have no interest in Robot x Laserbeam, someone told me to look at this week's chapter and wow, I can honestly say I never expected to see Pop'n Music in Jump... It felt like a sign. also Bemani is destroying my hands and feet and is pretty much the reason I stopped translating stuff, send help
Omg, you know the wonders of Bemani like Pop N' Music? SQUEEEEEEE~

Ahem.

A Rhythm Game Shounen in WSJ is definitely something I would read, especially if there is a major IIDX tournament and international arc in San Francisco.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Kaizou 10 commented in the Live Journal that same ToC, so it may be true.
I hold my reserves for SnS ever being over OP any day of the week. (To be fair, this is the chapter before conclusion of bout 2).
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Omg, you know the wonders of Bemani like Pop N' Music? SQUEEEEEEE~

Ahem.

A Rhythm Game Shounen in WSJ is definitely something I would read, especially if there is a major IIDX tournament and international arc in San Francisco.
I mean have you seen my avatar, it's MZD's alt color from when you play the Blue Exorcist OP lol
I'm SP 9th dan in IIDX, could get 10th any day now if I didn't have a massive mental block on Colorful Cookie. Mostly play DDR, cleared all 19s (except ENDYMION for obvious reasons) and just got a full combo on Nageki CSP a couple days ago. Also Skill Lv 9 in SDVX but I don't play that as often because PUR grinding murders my wallet.
 

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2015
Messages
4,312
Reaction score
3,702
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
I mean have you seen my avatar, it's MZD's alt color from when you play the Blue Exorcist OP lol
I'm SP 9th dan in IIDX, could get 10th any day now if I didn't have a massive mental block on Colorful Cookie. Mostly play DDR, cleared all 19s (except ENDYMION for obvious reasons) and just got a full combo on Nageki CSP a couple days ago. Also Skill Lv 9 in SDVX but I don't play that as often because PUR grinding murders my wallet.
You sound like a real life friend/acquaintance when I used to be in the Bay Area Rhythm scene, although I was less involved with that then I was with TGM and Shmups.

And back on topic. WNL getting another color doesn't seem that suspicious if they want to promote it more ' . '
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top