Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Still waiting on TPN lol These aren't on amazon.jp where do y'all find these?
TPN just had a volume released this month. Next volume releases Nov 2nd.
Look for the digital volumes/on Kindle Store instead of the physical ones on Amazon.jp. They have these covers

Really disappointed in Fulldrive being a Ping Pong series
Same. That makes only 1 battle/adventure series this round (Golem), which is better than last round but still disappointing.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
I'm not gonna be disappointed until the manga is actually disappointing. It could turn out to be good. My only problem is that we already have 4 sports manga in the magazine, although with Shuudan on the way out, it should balance out.
Also, what is that tomato sheep thing doing in Jump? It looks like some kind of Sanrio character.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Prince of table tennis inc
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
^ Prince of Tennis did a episode/chapter on table tennis lul.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
There was also that one shot from the PoT guy about table tennis using your head.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Ping pong? Awesome! I'll definitely give it a try. Ping pong can be fun, watch ping pong the animation, it's amazing.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I'm not gonna be disappointed until the manga is actually disappointing. It could turn out to be good. My only problem is that we already have 4 sports manga in the magazine, although with Shuudan on the way out, it should balance out.
Also, what is that tomato sheep thing doing in Jump? It looks like some kind of Sanrio character.
It's not so much that I won't read or anything. I still will.
I'm just tired of so many new sports series, and was hoping for 2 new battle series.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
I see what you mean. I would have wanted 2 new battle shounen as well, but we'll see how it turns out.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
There are more battle shounen than sports mangas and the sports manga that Jump has pretty much deserve to be published, I cannot say the same about some battle shounen mangas though.
 
Last edited:

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
There are more battle shounen than sports mangas and the sports manga that Jump has pretty much deserve to be published, I cannot say the same about some battle shounen mangas though.
I understand that there's already more Battle series than Sports. I always appreciate the variety in Jump, but at the end of the day i mainly go to Jump for Battles series.
Like i said though. I'm still looking forward to the ping pong series. Was just hoping for something else from the artist
 

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I agree that more battle series would be a good thing. And while I'd certainly prefer one to ping pong, an admittedly small comfort is that it'll probably be like PoT or Kuroko. As in a sports series with power ups and exaggerated matches which may as well be fights.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
We know that all ping pong manga will have to surpass another ping pong manga that was briefly serialized in Jump.
I will extremely satisfied if they make something like this.


 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I understand that there's already more Battle series than Sports. I always appreciate the variety in Jump, but at the end of the day i mainly go to Jump for Battles series.
Like i said though. I'm still looking forward to the ping pong series. Was just hoping for something else from the artist
Golem Hearts turns out to be a fantasy, slice of life manga
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
We know that all ping pong manga will have to surpass another ping pong manga that was briefly serialized in Jump.
I will extremely satisfied if they make something like this.



Nah, give me something like this....




I don't just want pretty art/fanservice.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Gintama #70


We Never Learn #3


Hungry Marie #2


The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. #23


Spring Weapon No.01 #4
Hmmm...love Gintama's but I think Kimetsu won best cover for me.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Nah, give me something like this....




I don't just want pretty art/fanservice.
I was joking, man. Megumi playing table tennis was a scene of three pages. XD
When it comes to sports manga I want to learn about the sports, so it has to be as realistic as possible, it doesn't matter for me if there is fanservice if it is not too much if it fulfill the requirements above. It has to have a better art than this one you showed though.
 

Mr.Fujimaster

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Messages
437
Reaction score
304
Country
Brazil
About the covers of the volumes:
Gintama # 70: Cool
Haikyuu!! # 28: Cool
Saiki Kusuo in psi-nan # 23: Simple, like all covers in the series.
Black Clover # 13: Cool
Kimetsu no Yaiba # 8: The best cover.
Spring Weapon N. 1 # 4: Simple
We Never Learn # 3: Beautiful, just like the girls.
Hungry Marie # 2: Simple (Tamura let me down a bit on this cover).
Robot x Laserbeam # 2: Simple, but beautiful.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Viz is apparently licensing Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san next year. Also, World's End Harem.

キタ━━━━━━━━━━!
So happy right now. I wonder if that's Seven Seas, since Viz LLC is also listed next to TLR and Yokai Shoujo.
That localized title seems pretty fine too. Preordering that ASAP once I find out if it's uncensored or not
 
Last edited:

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I think it's safe to say Seven Seas pick it up. going to pre order it asap.

Also if it's seven seas then no censoring.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top