Hangout Akatsuki no Yona Hangout Thread

How do you prefer the Spoiler/Chapter thread set-up?

  • Different threads for each spoiler/chapter (current set up)

    Votes: 4 57.1%
  • 2 constant threads (1 for spoiler, 1 for chapter) to allow for continued discussion

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Other (suggest in thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    7

Linali

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2015
Messages
1,097
Reaction score
7,292
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
The dragon was badass. I got the impression that Shin-Ah used his power to make that dragon out of all 4 of them, or did all the dragons do this?
Maybe it's because Shin-ah's power dwells in his eyes? You can see dragon claws in Ki-ja's panel too. But now that I looked closer to these panels, Zeno's facial expression intrigued me. Is he screaming in pain or anger?
Hak and Yona will talk after all of this :wtf
YAS! :wtf Yona agreed rather lightly, she still may not understand her feelings. But ship may sail, who knows. I wonder, if mother-Yoon will change places in tents with Hak so easily :derp
-----------------------------------------
Btw, we're getting closer to the end of this arc. Any ideas/wishes for next one? Sei kingdom strikes back anyone? :D
Ain't I the only one here, who's not taking part in mafia game? :sweat Lol, good luck everyone!
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Maybe it's because Shin-ah's power dwells in his eyes? You can see dragon claws in Ki-ja's panel too. But now that I looked closer to these panels, Zeno's facial expression intrigued me. Is he screaming in pain or anger?
Nice spot, I didn't notice that arm coming off Ki-ja. It seems likely that the four bodied dragon came out because Yona is in danger, but do you think this also has to do with the prophecy? (they are one and the same lol but I mean is what we're seeing here the prophecy?)

I wonder, if mother-Yoon will change places in tents with Hak so easily :derp
:teehee

Btw, we're getting closer to the end of this arc. Any ideas/wishes for next one? Sei kingdom strikes back anyone? :D
You want to go back to Sei to make sure Tsubaru is dead right :heh

I might read back a bit sometime in the next few weeks to give a better answer for this, but I'll jot down some points.
  • We've got Kai which seem like endgame material. We're closer to the end than the start of this series imo, so with that in mind we could enter the last arc or so. I'd prefer South Kai's politics to be built up a bit, both from within their country and also from Soo-Won's intel (what we know about Kai is mainly info from Yoon). There are wealthy families that hold a lot of power, and in the South the cousin of the King sits on the thrown. This seems similar to Soo-Won, as Zeno pointed out... I have high hopes for this cousin. It would be terrific if this series had a villain to stand on par with Soo-Won.
  • I think Xing will be settled here.
  • Sei is a vassal state under Kouka, could there be a rebelion? Perhaps, however I find this unlikely.
  • Kye-Sook might have some schemes to deal with
  • Tae-Jun raised the alarm, so we might go back to the fire tribe for a bit (especially if Kai arc is about to start).
 

Linali

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2015
Messages
1,097
Reaction score
7,292
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
Nice spot, I didn't notice that arm coming off Ki-ja. It seems likely that the four bodied dragon came out because Yona is in danger, but do you think this also has to do with the prophecy? (they are one and the same lol but I mean is what we're seeing here the prophecy?)
You mean, the sword and shield, that protect the king is four bodied dragon? You may be right, Ik-soo said, that it needs some time to appear, maybe the time has come now. Wow, if that's the case, then it was really unexpected.
"Bear" sounds like nice excuse for pre-wedding night :3c
You want to go back to Sei to make sure Tsubaru is dead right :heh
I didn't even think about her tho :XD I was thinking about other guy, who was ruling Sei along with Kushibi - Hotsuma. He didn't got a chance to appear yet and according to Soo-won, he's the one, who controls military, he might make a mess. I think it's still too early for real threat from Kai, Kouka's not ready for invasion from the empire imo. Sure, it's better than before, but still too weak, Soo-won has a lot of work to do.
I think Xing will be settled here.
Agreed.
Kye-Sook might have some schemes to deal with
That's why I don't like this guy :-_- He thinks the world of Soo-won, besides this he's totally useless. But you're right, there might be a reason, why neither Soo-won nor Joo-doh told him about Yona being alive. He's the one, who wanted her death the most right after king's assasination, he won't have mercy now after he realized, that not only is she alive, but also have influences in Fire and Water tribes. I second this idea :zomg
Tae-Jun raised the alarm, so we might go back to the fire tribe for a bit (especially if Kai arc is about to start).
Poor Tae-jun, I hope he won't have to bear any serious consequences (except for Kyo-ga's anger ofc :XD). Thanks to him Soo-won's army march was delayed a bit and things with Xing may be solved peacefully. It'd be nice to see few pages with him tho, the chapters with him are so funny, nice change of pace after rather dark Xing arc :tem

These were great sugestions, Randi, I like the Kye-sook one the most :)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Summary of chapter 147
Mizari :epicfacepalm How about killing him to please soldiers and bring peace among Xing's troops? :umad

4 dragons are fine, thank heavens. Soo-Won's here, I hope Kouren will settle things with Gobi soon and head to meet him along with Tao. And I knew Hak is at his limit, Xing soldiers should be happy, that he's wounded and calmed himself down somehow.
Next chapter: 5 October.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Posting in this thread, with this avi :-_-... xD

I wish Hak and the dragons were 100% healthy, and didn't have to worry about causing problems... because then they could destroy Gobi and his men.
That said, it's nice that Algira and Vold show up... and Mizari too
my hero :zomg

Chapter sounds good.
 

Linali

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2015
Messages
1,097
Reaction score
7,292
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
Why do I have an impression, that it's first time we see Jae-ha's leg? :blink

Gobi's greedy. Too greedy, it won't end well for him :3c I just can't understand, why Kouren and Tao didn't do anything to drag crowd on their side yet, they just make the situation worse by letting their subordinates do as they please. But I like Algira's entrance, "I fight for kitties" omg, panel of the month :XD On the other hand, Hak has incredible level of self control, if he didn't hurt anyone with his bloodlust and anger. What I didn't like, is Xing soldiers screaming "Dragons are being stolen". Excuse me? Stolen from who? Since when do you own them? I'm not surprised Gobi has no problem in controlling them, if they're so dumb.

Yotaka is so stubborn, it's almost ridiculous. Or maybe it just shows Xing citizens' attitude towards Kouka and how deep the hartred lays in their hearts. Only one thing is more important for Yotaka than Kouren - his hair :XD

Soo-won arrived. What'll happen next? :spaz
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Man those spoilers are accurate. This was a decent chapter. You could really feel Hak was seconds away from snapping.

Now that Soo-Won has arrived, this 'war' should be over soon. It'll be a test for Soo-Won and Yona's relationship too (not romance related). With the condition of Yona's group it'd be a good opportunity for Soo-Won (or perhaps Kye-Sook or Joo-Doh) to take out the dragons/Hak. But with the relations they have with Kouren/Tao it might be politically out of the question to make that move.
 

Aonori

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 13, 2015
Messages
3,437
Reaction score
1,207
Gender
Hidden
Country
Portugal
Why do I have an impression, that it's first time we see Jae-ha's leg? :blink

Gobi's greedy. Too greedy, it won't end well for him :3c I just can't understand, why Kouren and Tao didn't do anything to drag crowd on their side yet, they just make the situation worse by letting their subordinates do as they please. But I like Algira's entrance, "I fight for kitties" omg, panel of the month :XD On the other hand, Hak has incredible level of self control, if he didn't hurt anyone with his bloodlust and anger. What I didn't like, is Xing soldiers screaming "Dragons are being stolen". Excuse me? Stolen from who? Since when do you own them? I'm not surprised Gobi has no problem in controlling them, if they're so dumb.

Yotaka is so stubborn, it's almost ridiculous. Or maybe it just shows Xing citizens' attitude towards Kouka and how deep the hartred lays in their hearts. Only one thing is more important for Yotaka than Kouren - his hair :XD

Soo-won arrived. What'll happen next? :spaz
A part of the subordinates are enraged over Mizari´s behavior and the other part is brainwashed by Gobi, whats funny is that they just decided to act, without any regard for Gobi at all, it just goes to showcase the Xing people are quite dangerous if they are radicalized to the point, they will start taking actions with pure disregard for external political backlash, Gobi really is good at creating national fanatics I will give the character that, at the very least, but faking being a moderate faction that actually turns out to be quite radical is gonna backlash massively, the only reason why Gobi even got supporters was because of the moderate appeal that was possible by keeping Tao around, while opposing the more radical Kouren, but now because of the radical moves that were taken here, Gobi is gonna get politically done, I expect the same to happen to Kouren and Tao will probably end up as the ruler.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Man those spoilers are accurate. This was a decent chapter. You could really feel Hak was seconds away from snapping.

Now that Soo-Won has arrived, this 'war' should be over soon. It'll be a test for Soo-Won and Yona's relationship too (not romance related). With the condition of Yona's group it'd be a good opportunity for Soo-Won (or perhaps Kye-Sook or Joo-Doh) to take out the dragons/Hak. But with the relations they have with Kouren/Tao it might be politically out of the question to make that move.
I just hope Gobi and the fanatics dont force Soo-Won to go on a rampage, because of the dragons, I could see him do it if the situation gets out of hand.
 

lightningsha

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2013
Messages
133
Reaction score
120
Country
United States
Why do I have an impression, that it's first time we see Jae-ha's leg? :blink
We saw it in his flashback with Garou and I believe a little when he first met Yona. Though I think this is the first time seeing it in color. Cool green scales Jaeha.

What I didn't like, is Xing soldiers screaming "Dragons are being stolen". Excuse me? Stolen from who? Since when do you own them? I'm not surprised Gobi has no problem in controlling them, if they're so dumb.
A part of the subordinates are enraged over Mizari´s behavior and the other part is brainwashed by Gobi, whats funny is that they just decided to act, without any regard for Gobi at all, it just goes to showcase the Xing people are quite dangerous if they are radicalized to the point, they will start taking actions with pure disregard for external political backlash, Gobi really is good at creating national fanatics I will give the character that, at the very least, but faking being a moderate faction that actually turns out to be quite radical is gonna backlash massively, the only reason why Gobi even got supporters was because of the moderate appeal that was possible by keeping Tao around, while opposing the more radical Kouren, but now because of the radical moves that were taken here, Gobi is gonna get politically done, I expect the same to happen to Kouren and Tao will probably end up as the ruler.
Yeah the soldiers, etc unnerved me this chapter. It was like they were all under some spell. I think it was a combination of the feeling of desperation and powerlessness that their country faces imminent loss and that they will be all killed. So seeing Kouka with the power of gods sparks even more desperation and jealousy. They and the priests also had a reverent quality to them with their hands reaching out. This reminds me of Zeno's backstory where there hands reach out for Zeno in supplication and plead him not to leave. As he and the other dragons, after Hiyruu was gone, were representatives of the gods, and they must worship and depend on their powers to survive.
Unnerving indeed. It made me think it's not really a good thing the dragons exist. I wonder where this will lead.

I just hope Gobi and the fanatics dont force Soo-Won to go on a rampage, because of the dragons, I could see him do it if the situation gets out of hand.
Not to mention Soo-Won will no doubt face continued pressure from Kye-shuk and Joo-doh to do something about the Yona problem. After her antics with the fire tribes, I think it's coming time for Soo-Won to make a decision about what to do with Yona and her crew. If he comes and sees the wake of her influence in the Xing politics and countrymen, he might be even more convinced to do something.
 

@Aylinn

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2017
Messages
204
Reaction score
268
Country
Poland
I suppose that if Su-won notices that Kouren has basically lost power and cannot control her people anymore, he may deem it as pointless to have any negotiations with Kouren and Tao at this point. In this situation it would be better to speak with Gobi, who seems not to be so interested in peace anymore.

Or maybe Mizari will kill Gobi and finish this, though it is not given that people will start listening to Kouren again.

On second thought, people from Xing seem to change loyalty and opinions in the blink of an eye, so there may be no problem.
 

shinobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
4,575
Country
Dragonstone
Yeah the soldiers, etc unnerved me this chapter. It was like they were all under some spell. I think it was a combination of the feeling of desperation and powerlessness that their country faces imminent loss and that they will be all killed. So seeing Kouka with the power of gods sparks even more desperation and jealousy. They and the priests also had a reverent quality to them with their hands reaching out. This reminds me of Zeno's backstory where there hands reach out for Zeno in supplication and plead him not to leave. As he and the other dragons, after Hiyruu was gone, were representatives of the gods, and they must worship and depend on their powers to survive.
Unnerving indeed. It made me think it's not really a good thing the dragons exist. I wonder where this will lead.



Not to mention Soo-Won will no doubt face continued pressure from Kye-shuk and Joo-doh to do something about the Yona problem. After her antics with the fire tribes, I think it's coming time for Soo-Won to make a decision about what to do with Yona and her crew. If he comes and sees the wake of her influence in the Xing politics and countrymen, he might be even more convinced to do something.
Gobi is just greedy, he said he thought of bringing peace to Xing by making Tao marry Soowon because he thought that Soowon's forces are stronger than Xing's, but now he's thinking of capturing the dragons and using them instead, and now thinks he can negotiate with Kouka on equal standing, I wish to see the look on his face when he learns that Soowon doesn't consider the dragons as part of his forces.

As for Kye-shuk and Joo-doh, I don't think they'll be trying anything until this situation with Xing is resolved first, although Kye-shuk won't mind going for war rather than a peaceful solution specially so if he sensed that they don't even need to negotiate for anything seeing how things in Xing are right now, he will talk Soowon to reconsider his plan.
 

lightningsha

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2013
Messages
133
Reaction score
120
Country
United States
I suppose that if Su-won notices that Kouren has basically lost power and cannot control her people anymore, he may deem it as pointless to have any negotiations with Kouren and Tao at this point. In this situation it would be better to speak with Gobi, who seems not to be so interested in peace anymore.

Or maybe Mizari will kill Gobi and finish this, though it is not given that people will start listening to Kouren again.

On second thought, people from Xing seem to change loyalty and opinions in the blink of an eye, so there may be no problem.
Kouren and Tao are the rightful heirs of the country by law. So he should still work with them even if they've lost all their supporters. But I can see him giving Gobi the ear since it appears he has more followers than either princess XD. If he does I wonder if he will sense the nutty power-hungry undercurrent of Gobi's character and find a way to reject him or if he would care Gobi is no good for the country. And yes assuming Gobi doesn't get murdered by Mizari first.

So far it looks like the people of Xing have dropped all loyalties in favor of who will give them the bet chance of surviving.

Gobi is just greedy, he said he thought of bringing peace to Xing by making Tao marry Soowon because he thought that Soowon's forces are stronger than Xing's, but now he's thinking of capturing the dragons and using them instead, and now thinks he can negotiate with Kouka on equal standing, I wish to see the look on his face when he learns that Soowon doesn't consider the dragons as part of his forces.
Hmm if he learns Soo-won has nothing to do with the dragons he might be happy about it since he'll think they are even more ripe for the taking without Kouka's backing. He'll also make the connection they follow Yona and make plans to target her.

Again assuming he doesn't get shanked by Mizari next chapter.

As for Kye-shuk and Joo-doh, I don't think they'll be trying anything until this situation with Xing is resolved first, although Kye-shuk won't mind going for war rather than a peaceful solution specially so if he sensed that they don't even need to negotiate for anything seeing how things in Xing are right now, he will talk Soowon to reconsider his plan.
True, they should figure smooth negotiations take priority over dealing with Yona. Only if Yona can make herself appear a valuable asset and ally to Soo-won as something of a diplomatic ambassador, they might consider her in a positive light. Though we know Kye-shuk originally wanted to kill Yona and Joo-doh considers Hak a major threat and loose end to take care of. Both won't take kindly to the extent Yona's influence has made.
 

@Aylinn

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2017
Messages
204
Reaction score
268
Country
Poland
True, they should figure smooth negotiations take priority over dealing with Yona. Only if Yona can make herself appear a valuable asset and ally to Soo-won as something of a diplomatic ambassador, they might consider her in a positive light.
I am afraid it will make things even worse. If Kouren gives Yona, who has rights to Kouka's throne and in whose father’s murder they took part, any official position like ambassador, they will most likely take it as spiting on their face. For them any situations where Yona has political power and foreign rulers\powerful people as friends is extremely dangerous. After all, for all they know she might be doing it to get her revenge and the throne.

They know nothing about Yona and what she thinks. They don’t know that she deems Su-won a good ruler who the country needed and they don’t know that what Yona is doing is to bring peace and so on.

They only see a princess whose father they helped to kill and who can have enough influence in the Fire tribe to make the Fire tribe commit an act of treason. If she additionally shows that she can make foreign rulers to give her an official position, which they most likely interpret as giving Yona an official support, it will probably be for them like adding salt to injury.

The moment they realize that Yona has way too much political power for their liking and support of foreign rulers, powerful people, etc., they will probably press Su-won to do something about it quickly. They will probably be against any peace in this situation and would rather fight to destroy to what seems to be a very dangerous political opponent who, for all they know, might be after their heads.
 

lightningsha

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2013
Messages
133
Reaction score
120
Country
United States
I am afraid it will make things even worse. If Kouren gives Yona, who has rights to Kouka's throne and in whose father’s murder they took part, any official position like ambassador, they will most likely take it as spiting on their face. For them any situations where Yona has political power and foreign rulers\powerful people as friends is extremely dangerous. After all, for all they know she might be doing it to get her revenge and the throne.

They know nothing about Yona and what she thinks. They don’t know that she deems Su-won a good ruler who the country needed and they don’t know that what Yona is doing is to bring peace and so on.

They only see a princess whose father they helped to kill and who can have enough influence in the Fire tribe to make the Fire tribe commit an act of treason. If she additionally shows that she can make foreign rulers to give her an official position, which they most likely interpret as giving Yona an official support, it will probably be for them like adding salt to injury.

The moment they realize that Yona has way too much political power for their liking and support of foreign rulers, powerful people, etc., they will probably press Su-won to do something about it quickly. They will probably be against any peace in this situation and would rather fight to destroy to what seems to be a very dangerous political opponent who, for all they know, might be after their heads.
If it goes that direction, which I also think it could, and Soo-won agrees, then that would officially make him an antagonist of the story. Albeit a sympathetic one. Because that would mean they are giving Yona no choice to ally with them even if she says she has the best intentions. So they will actively chase her to capture and/or kill her. Soo-won, Kye-shuk, and Joo-doh will be deciding whether Yona is a valuable ally to better the country or an incipient threat to usurp Soo-won later. There is the third option: the 'keep your enemies close' option. Where they could decide to make Yona a subordinate/ally with the intention of killing her if she makes one wrong move. I think this is the wiser choice because they could use her as an asset, and it will also mean she will be more in reach of the knife when the time comes and her threat is too great. And Yona would likely know all this but agree anyway because she doesn't want to bring disorder in the country.
 

@Aylinn

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2017
Messages
204
Reaction score
268
Country
Poland
If it goes that direction, which I also think it could, and Soo-won agrees, then that would officially make him an antagonist of the story. Albeit a sympathetic one. Because that would mean they are giving Yona no choice to ally with them even if she says she has the best intentions.
They cannot read in her head, so they will not know if she really means what she says or if she has ulterior motives. Besides, Yona’s existence weakens the country unity, so I think they may consider that doing away with her is the best option. No Yona = no problem.

True that this makes her go into an open conflict with Su-won, but she got herself into this mess by blowing up her cover of dead princess.

However, it is not like Yona cannot do anything. Apart from being chased, she may renounce her rights to the throne. She isn’t interested in ruling anyway, so I can see her doing it. She may even propose that she will renounce it if Su-won agrees to a peaceful solution and help Kouren in this way, at least theoretically, because I don’t think she is able to realize that this is an option.
 
Last edited:

shinobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
4,575
Country
Dragonstone
They cannot read in her head, so they will not know if she really means what she says or if she has ulterior motives. Besides, Yona’s existence weakens the country unity, so I think they may consider that doing away with her is the best option. No Yona = no problem.
From Kye-shok and Joo-doh point of view, even if they realize Yona doesn’t have intentions to fight Suwon over the throne by using the fire tribe or the help of another country, they’d still try to get rid of her because she has the influence to change their king’s plans, and they don’t appreciate that since they want Suwon’s authority to be undisputed, even if her efforts were meant for the good of both Kouka and the other country and in a sense to help Suwon. They cannot see her as an ally unless she follows their plans without questioning them.
 

lightningsha

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2013
Messages
133
Reaction score
120
Country
United States
They cannot read in her head, so they will not know if she really means what she says or if she has ulterior motives. Besides, Yona’s existence weakens the country unity, so I think they may consider that doing away with her is the best option. No Yona = no problem.

True that this makes her go into an open conflict with Su-won, but she got herself into this mess by blowing up her cover of dead princess.

However, it is not like Yona cannot do anything. Apart from being chased, she may renounce her rights to the throne. She isn’t interested in ruling anyway, so I can see her doing it. She may even propose that she will renounce it if Su-won agrees to a peaceful solution and help Kouren in this way, at least theoretically, because I don’t think she is able to realize that this is an option.
I don't think 'renouncing her rights to the throne' is the fix-all in this situation. Normally in monarchy politics this would fix things. If Yona were just a normal princess, with shaky rights to begin with (the beginning of the manga made it sound like her prince-consort would be king), the government and populace would accept that and her threat would be minimized due to the law of her no longer have any rights to the throne.

But Yona is not a normal princess. She is King Hiryuu reincarnated, who was a dragon god turned human that founded the country. A mythical legend come to actuality. She has the red hair and dragon warriors as proof. People in awe of that will join in masses to see her, support her, worship her, without her even trying. Even if she outright refuses, they will still form a following taking it up as modesty, believing it some sort of destined fate. The current 'law' be damned. This will still be a problem for Soo-won.

From Kye-shok and Joo-doh point of view, even if they realize Yona doesn’t have intentions to fight Suwon over the throne by using the fire tribe or the help of another country, they’d still try to get rid of her because she has the influence to change their king’s plans, and they don’t appreciate that since they want Suwon’s authority to be undisputed, even if her efforts were meant for the good of both Kouka and the other country and in a sense to help Suwon. They cannot see her as an ally unless she follows their plans without questioning them.
Yeah they have no grounds to believe her word that she as no ulterior motives, but they can still give her a chance. At least at first anyway.
 
Last edited:

Mini_kinkin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2017
Messages
219
Reaction score
165
Country
Winterfell
But Yona is not a normal princess. She is King Hiryuu reincarnated, who was a dragon god turned human that founded the country. A mythical legend come to actuality. She has the red hair and dragon warriors as proof. People in awe of that will join in masses to see her, support her, worship her, without her even trying. Even if she outright refuses, they will still form a following taking it up as modesty, believing it some sort of destined fate. The current 'law' be damned. This will still be a problem for Soo-won. .
True I feel that renouncing her rights, though it may a practical route, may not work because of the old legend. I remember some chapters ago when the firetribe soldiers saw Yona on the battle field, Ogi was telling Soo-Won how they are already wanting another glimpse of her. Imagine when they find out the truth that Hiryuu himself has reincarnated. Now that the Water Tribe soldiers also know that Yona is their saviour then more support will come her way. Plus the Wind is anyway on Yona's side.

If she renounces her rights, the masses might actually rebel - wanting her and the dragons in a position of power. Even if it isn't as a queen, but at least a princess. It would be gods vs king all over again.

Plus if she renounces her rights, it would basically confirm that Soo-Won killed Il right? Otherwise the actual solution is to get Soo-Won and Yona married so they can rule together. This might even come up as an option later by popular demand of the masses- so it would be interesting to see how the three friends handle it.
They would obviously need to reach a mutual agreement on how to work together for this manga to have a happy ending.
 

lightningsha

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2013
Messages
133
Reaction score
120
Country
United States
True I feel that renouncing her rights, though it may a practical route, may not work because of the old legend. I remember some chapters ago when the firetribe soldiers saw Yona on the battle field, Ogi was telling Soo-Won how they are already wanting another glimpse of her. Imagine when they find out the truth that Hiryuu himself has reincarnated. Now that the Water Tribe soldiers also know that Yona is their saviour then more support will come her way. Plus the Wind is anyway on Yona's side.

If she renounces her rights, the masses might actually rebel - wanting her and the dragons in a position of power. Even if it isn't as a queen, but at least a princess. It would be gods vs king all over again.

Plus if she renounces her rights, it would basically confirm that Soo-Won killed Il right? Otherwise the actual solution is to get Soo-Won and Yona married so they can rule together. This might even come up as an option later by popular demand of the masses- so it would be interesting to see how the three friends handle it.
They would obviously need to reach a mutual agreement on how to work together for this manga to have a happy ending.
How will renouncing her rights confirm Soo-won's murdering of King Il? I think I'm missing the connection.
Yeah there are whispering rumors now after Sei, the water tribe, and to a lesser extent the fire tribe. The truth isn't even all the way out yet. It will only keep amplifying especially when word from Xing spreads of a divine dragon power protecting a red-haired princess. There were a lot of people this time who saw that, and it was the most blatant display of god-power yet.

You make a good point about the Soo-won/Yona marriage option. I can definitely see the people of Kouka trying to match-make them if they like both what Yona has to offer and Soo-won's accomplishments so far as king. Not to mention it'll bring more romance drama...poor Hak.

So Soo-won has a very important decision to make soon. One thing's for sure: he can no longer ignore her because she's about to create a runaway train if not dealt with early.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
It's nice to see more people discussing Yona :^_^

I just hope Gobi and the fanatics dont force Soo-Won to go on a rampage, because of the dragons, I could see him do it if the situation gets out of hand.
I didn't look at it like that, tbh.

Another possibility that could arise is Soo-Won using Yona/Hak/dragons similarly to Lily in Sei. Although it repeats a previous plot, it could have some interesting development between the main 3 characters.

I think it's coming time for Soo-Won to make a decision about what to do with Yona and her crew
Yea I think so too. It's not an easy decision here, given how much Yona and co. are involved with Tao and Kouren. I can see reasons for and against any decision, from Soo-Won's perspective.

I suppose that if Su-won notices that Kouren has basically lost power and cannot control her people anymore, he may deem it as pointless to have any negotiations with Kouren and Tao at this point. In this situation it would be better to speak with Gobi, who seems not to be so interested in peace anymore.
Hmm, but Kouren and Tao are royals. Wouldn't it be better for Soo-Won to stick to that, rather than side with a traitor like Gobi?
 
Top