Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
I dropped it after 6 minutes. Asta's VA is too annoying to sit through 13 episodes of his constant yelling.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
First episode looked good and went well, but holy shit Asta is terrible. Dude was legit screaming for at least a quarter of the episode. Besides that I see why people get Naruto x FT vibes now. Wizard King? Magic Entrance Exams? Rivals that grew up together? Magic and wizards? Demon that resides in the mc? Am I missing something?
 

conankudo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
456
Reaction score
389
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Why should I even watch BL Clover when Im reading the manga- it would be a waste of time. Anime adaptation nowadays are so bad.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Lmao I couldn't do it.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Damn, that's amazing. I haven't even watched the episode yet but I'm already getting turned away from it lol. His voice didn't seem that bad from the PVs.
First episode looked good and went well, but holy shit Asta is terrible. Dude was legit screaming for at least a quarter of the episode. Besides that I see why people get Naruto x FT vibes now. Wizard King? Magic Entrance Exams? Rivals that grew up together? Magic and wizards? Demon that resides in the mc? Am I missing something?
Don't forget the orphan MC, and the fact that the rival is "cooler and better" than him.
Why should I even watch BL Clover when Im reading the manga- it would be a waste of time. Anime adaptation nowadays are so bad.
For me, I don't have a great memory of things I've read so the anime works as a refresher. I only remember the most things that happened, so the anime fills in the gaps better than reading the manga again would (MHA for example). As someone who's watched, read, and reread One Piece, I still think I forgot a lot of things.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
I'd say check it out for yourself. But the first 8 minutes were literally just Asta screaming, which was a super turnoff and kind of made the good parts hard to focus on. But after the grimoire stuff it was cool for me.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Holy shit, you're not kidding. At least it's not super obnoxious in the manga, but he was literally screaming the entire episode and you couldn't ignore it...

I do have to say it seemed fine production-wise, and VA choices for Yuno and Asta at least were good. Odd they decided to split the first chapter just like MHA did, but I'm not entirely against that practice, I feel doing it all in one episode is rushing a bit much. It's about what I expected for Black Clover though, not impressive, but I think Pierrot did a good job of it. The only issue is having the obnoxiousness and corniness of the manga vocalized...
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
No older volumes showing up in the amazon rankings..

I bet on this having a boost like World Trigger, no older volumes showing up in the TOP 50 Oricon weekly ranking, but it will go from 100-150k volume sales to 300-350k.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
^Its still kinda early, I'll say give a week.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Haven't watched the episode yet but apparently
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
So no one´s gonna describe the production of Black Clover? How good it is?
 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Did you ignore the rest of my post because you didn't have arguments for it? You are repeating yourself since I already answered it in my previous post.
Maybe you're right, maybe I did not get your point. But the fact that you used Hyouka as a comparison shows that you did not understand mine either.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
So no one´s gonna describe the production of Black Clover? How good it is?
I do have to say it seemed fine production-wise, and VA choices for Yuno and Asta at least were good. Odd they decided to split the first chapter just like MHA did, but I'm not entirely against that practice, I feel doing it all in one episode is rushing a bit much. It's about what I expected for Black Clover though, not impressive, but I think Pierrot did a good job of it. The only issue is having the obnoxiousness and corniness of the manga vocalized...
^This answers your question. It was fine as expected but the main problem was Asta and his voice actor. Needs to calm the hell down and in a hurry. Also no OP or ED was odd, but just gonna assume it's cause this was the pilot episode.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Is that good or bad
Usually when there are a lot of ADs on the staff it means the production is suffering. The replies to that tweet show that quite clearly.

Some of the great web-gen animators Director Yoshihara works with are currently on another show (Fate/Apocrypha), so yeah
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I predicted the shouting and how annoying Asta will come off but still watching the episode got me like

 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,331
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I figured Pierrot would screw it up. Oh well.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Come on guys its his first role ever and there's really nothing you can do to make Asta sound tolerable.
I figured Pierrot would screw it up. Oh well.
No this is exactly how the manga went. Pierrot is actually blameless this time around.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Usually when there are a lot of ADs on the staff it means the production is suffering. The replies to that tweet show that quite clearly.

Some of the great web-gen animators Director Yoshihara works with are currently on another show (Fate/Apocrypha), so yeah
Thanks, was just about to ask about this.
I figured Pierrot would screw it up. Oh well.
Eh, I figured that Pierrot would do fine with it. I'll hold my opinion until I actually watch it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top