Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TM2

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2017
Messages
155
Reaction score
95
Age
34
Country
Hong Kong
The quality of the voice acting can make or break a character in cartoons and video games just as the delivery of an actor can make even simple lines sound enthralling or ridiculous in movies or plays.

I mean yeah the voice actor wasn't really given anything decent to work with but good voice acting should have been able to at least salvage something.
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
BC is now at 4.4 million copies in print.
Just to add, this is series total so it includes the novels as well. It most likely also includes the new volume released tomorrow (10/4). In the PV on the website the series total is 4.2 million so volume 13's first print is probably around 200k, which is not that much more than usual. They reprinted all the volumes recently for the start of the series. Its now up to the viewers as to how much it will grow. Apparently, it experienced a momentary boost on Bunkyodo real-time ranking but its on there anymore. We'll know next week how this episode did in ratings but the producers were smart in that its re-airing this friday (10/6) on BS Japan, one of TV Tokyo's satellite channels.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Okay Shokugeki no Soma S3 has to be 2 cours unless they cramp 45 chapters (from the OP) into 13 episodes like S2. Probably the latter.
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Okay, Asta voice is fucking bad.

What is the director thinking?
 

Kamen Rider Dragon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 4, 2012
Messages
239
Reaction score
220
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't think the Black Clover anime will take off. While it looks good (art is fantastic) I think it's coming too soon off of My Hero. They both follow similar standard shonen troupes but, My Hero is just a stronger product, I don't see a lot of people hooking onto BC.
 

OfficialHxH

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2017
Messages
1,043
Reaction score
1,909
Country
United States
I don't think the Black Clover anime will take off. While it looks good (art is fantastic) I think it's coming too soon off of My Hero. They both follow similar standard shonen troupes but, My Hero is just a stronger product, I don't see a lot of people hooking onto BC.
Same the voice annoys the crap out of me.

It feels like Naruto and Fairy Tail combined.

Plus 6 times they say "I'm gonna be the wizard king" bruh i got it the first time lol
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The quality of the voice acting can make or break a character in cartoons and video games just as the delivery of an actor can make even simple lines sound enthralling or ridiculous in movies or plays.

I mean yeah the voice actor wasn't really given anything decent to work with but good voice acting should have been able to at least salvage something.
I'd blame the voice director more really.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
it wont be as bad as twin star exorcist at least
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I forgot how horribly cliche and boring the beginning was. How did Black Clover even survive the axe? Maybe its the underdog theme.
We asked ourselves this question countless times in this thread. :derp
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
BC ep 1 was really good visually except for that CG, and I think I liked watching the anime more than reading the first chapter.
Asta's lines were so exaggerated by the VA, made me burst out laughing a few times. If the anime runs past Fall I'm expecting some well animated stuff from some of the director's animator connections who will probably join in after Apocrypha ends.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Now that we know Marie is getting cancelled, can any raw readers say if it's been building up to some kind of satisfying finale or if Tamura has just kept making it as big of a mess as he can?

30 chapters is more than enough to do a full story with a nice complete ending when you've got a very gimmicky and limited premise like it does (just look at Harisugawa in Mirror World for example).
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I should have saved the posts that said Shokugeki was not popular anymore, that should end and that the anime would be just 12 episodes. Shame on me.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
I should have saved the posts that said Shokugeki was not popular anymore, that should end and that the anime would be just 12 episodes. Shame on me.
No one said that. It's declining but don't think S3 will provide a lot.

I am surprised it got 2 cour apparently after that S2 mess. Shokugeki should still end within a year to a year and half. Quote me. The series is dull and has not a lot going for it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top