- Joined
- Dec 4, 2014
- Messages
- 1,763
- Reaction score
- 1,582
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
I forgot how horribly cliche and boring the beginning was. How did Black Clover even survive the axe? Maybe its the underdog theme.
Editorial pushing. It was chosen as the successor to Naruto after all and debuted after it endedI forgot how horribly cliche and boring the beginning was. How did Black Clover even survive the axe? Maybe its the underdog theme.
Just to add, this is series total so it includes the novels as well. It most likely also includes the new volume released tomorrow (10/4). In the PV on the website the series total is 4.2 million so volume 13's first print is probably around 200k, which is not that much more than usual. They reprinted all the volumes recently for the start of the series. Its now up to the viewers as to how much it will grow. Apparently, it experienced a momentary boost on Bunkyodo real-time ranking but its on there anymore. We'll know next week how this episode did in ratings but the producers were smart in that its re-airing this friday (10/6) on BS Japan, one of TV Tokyo's satellite channels.BC is now at 4.4 million copies in print.
Same the voice annoys the crap out of me.I don't think the Black Clover anime will take off. While it looks good (art is fantastic) I think it's coming too soon off of My Hero. They both follow similar standard shonen troupes but, My Hero is just a stronger product, I don't see a lot of people hooking onto BC.
I'd blame the voice director more really.The quality of the voice acting can make or break a character in cartoons and video games just as the delivery of an actor can make even simple lines sound enthralling or ridiculous in movies or plays.
I mean yeah the voice actor wasn't really given anything decent to work with but good voice acting should have been able to at least salvage something.
I think TSE had a way better first episodeit wont be as bad as twin star exorcist at least
meant boost in sales and whatnot.I think TSE had a way better first episode
We asked ourselves this question countless times in this thread.I forgot how horribly cliche and boring the beginning was. How did Black Clover even survive the axe? Maybe its the underdog theme.

No one said that. It's declining but don't think S3 will provide a lot.I should have saved the posts that said Shokugeki was not popular anymore, that should end and that the anime would be just 12 episodes. Shame on me.