Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
No one said that. It's declining but don't think S3 will provide a lot.

I am surprised it got 2 cour apparently after that S2 mess. Shokugeki should still end within a year to a year and half. Quote me. The series is dull and has not a lot going for it.
You were not here apparently. I remember well what people say against my favorite series.

Not gonna happen.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Is there any talk of the Black Clover anime on 2chan and Japanese Twitter?
What do they think of it
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
You were not here apparently. I remember well what people say against my favorite series.

Not gonna happen.
Obviously trolling then.

If you say so. :hi
 

Shinji Hirako

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2017
Messages
133
Reaction score
196
Age
30
Country
United Kingdom
Crunchyroll is calling Black Clover the new king of shonen. Massive hyperbole is not what the series needs right now as its only going to attract negativity when the series does not live up to what its billed to be.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I'd say check it out for yourself. But the first 8 minutes were literally just Asta screaming, which was a super turnoff and kind of made the good parts hard to focus on. But after the grimoire stuff it was cool for me.
Looks like we'll be getting screaming compilation videos if this continues
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Its impressive that Shueisha is still funding more Shokugeki anime, second season didn't do well in BD/DVD sales and didn't help older volumes sell.

So i don't know, maybe merchandise like food or dakimura sold well.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I watched 35 seconds of the video, it was the longest I could resist. It was an entire continuous scene or it is a compilation? It is hard to stand this if it uninterrupted, the voice is annoying as hell.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Its impressive that Shueisha is still funding more Shokugeki anime, second season didn't do well in BD/DVD sales and didn't help older volumes sell.

So i don't know, maybe merchandise like food or dakimura sold well.
I'm more surprised that it got 24 episodes (if its true) this season because it means that JC Staff had no excuse for how poorly done the second season was though after the watching the first episode of this new season it'll probably be as poorly done just longer.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I have a hard time to understand why it is poorly done. I read this manga throughly and I watch the anime throughly, it is perfect in all senses of the word. Baseless hate is not nice.
 
Last edited:

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
They put the most important 4 chapters about new characters that will play a big role in an OVA.

And a flashback of that OVA in episode 1

If it’s actually 24 episodes there is no excuse to not including that as a stand alone.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I have a hard time to understand why it is poorly done. I read this manga throughly and I watch the anime throughly, it is perfect in a senses of the word. Baseless hate is not nice.
As stated before the animation/art quality was nowhere near as good as the first season, how they adapted the Autumn Festival and Stagiaire Arc was also disappointing removing a lot of downtime and character interactions and rushing the hell out the latter (removing Hisako's scenes and downplaying her character development). If you liked the manga I'm not sure how you can think JC Staff did a good job with it.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
 

razerxs

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2017
Messages
396
Reaction score
740
Country
Galactic Republic
Looks like we'll be getting screaming compilation videos if this continues
Well this was sad. Guy just can't hold a vowel. I didn't find it as off-putting during the episode but I've never noticed voice acting much.

More pissed about them cutting the chapter in half for no good reason.
 

Kamen Rider Dragon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 4, 2012
Messages
239
Reaction score
220
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Crunchyroll is calling Black Clover the new king of shonen. Massive hyperbole is not what the series needs right now as its only going to attract negativity when the series does not live up to what its billed to be.
That is just Cruncyroll trying to get views by hyping up another big shonen jump property.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well this was sad. Guy just can't hold a vowel. I didn't find it as off-putting during the episode but I've never noticed voice acting much.

More pissed about them cutting the chapter in half for no good reason.
Its only missing around 10 pages which isn't a lot in my opinion considering the first chapter was 52 pages or so long.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
I have a hard time to understand why it is poorly done. I read this manga throughly and I watch the anime throughly, it is perfect in all senses of the word. Baseless hate is not nice.
>it's good because I say so
Even though I haven't watched the second season, I doubt it's anywhere near as "perfect" as you say it is. I've not seen much praise for it, but I have seen a lot of complaints about the bad pacing due to the 12 episode limit. And if what Chocobar said was true about the Hisako scenes getting cut, then that's pretty bad considering shes one of the most popular characters (5th in the second poll, 2nd in the third poll). Doesn't sound like much of a perfect anime to me.
 

razerxs

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2017
Messages
396
Reaction score
740
Country
Galactic Republic
Its only missing around 10 pages which isn't a lot in my opinion considering the first chapter was 52 pages or so long.
  • What's a Wizard King
  • Yuno's flashback
  • Asta's victory
Those were pretty important pages.

And while I'm here
45号
リコピン
ブラクロ
ワンピ
勉強 ※Cカラー
斉木
ソーマ
ネバラン
鬼滅
ストーン ※Cカラー
ロボ
ゆらぎ
火ノ丸 ※Cカラー
ヒロアカ
ハイキュー
銀魂
すすめ!ジャンプへっぽこ探検隊! ※出張掲載
シューダン
クロアカ
青春 ※最終話
マリー ※最終話
磯兵衛

46号
巻頭:斉木※実写映画公開記念
Cカラー:リコピン、ロボ、ボルト
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
I actually quite enjoyed Shokugeki S2. Felt the fast pacing worked well, and it was great to binge. Can understand why people didn't though, it skipped a ton.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top