Hangout Akatsuki no Yona Hangout Thread

How do you prefer the Spoiler/Chapter thread set-up?

  • Different threads for each spoiler/chapter (current set up)

    Votes: 4 57.1%
  • 2 constant threads (1 for spoiler, 1 for chapter) to allow for continued discussion

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Other (suggest in thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    7

Mini_kinkin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2017
Messages
219
Reaction score
165
Country
Winterfell
How will renouncing her rights confirm Soo-won's murdering of King Il? I think I'm missing the connection.
I think it's because Lily already mentioned it to the water and sky tribe so the rumours are bound to spread amongst soldiers and eventually citizens.

To top it off, if Yona renounces her rights - why would she do that unless she was forced or driven out? (Talking about the point of view of the masses that is)

It may not confirm the rumours, but it might make it stronger. What are the reasons a princess should renounce her rights otherwise?

And if we are talking about options Soo-Won has, marriage is one of them, so why should he make her renounce her rights? And why is the part-saviour of Kouka, Yona, allied with Hak - the supposed killer of King Il?This is when it might click that it is because Soo-Won killed Il and Soo-Won and Yona might not want to be allies because of it. Well just my thought process anyway. They haven't shown the public as this smart in Akatsuki No Yona so this may not happen at all actually.
 
Last edited:

@Aylinn

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2017
Messages
204
Reaction score
268
Country
Poland
I don't think 'renouncing her rights to the throne' is the fix-all in this situation. Normally in monarchy politics this would fix things. If Yona were just a normal princess, with shaky rights to begin with (the beginning of the manga made it sound like her prince-consort would be king), the government and populace would accept that and her threat would be minimized due to the law of her no longer have any rights to the throne.

But Yona is not a normal princess. She is King Hiryuu reincarnated, who was a dragon god turned human that founded the country. A mythical legend come to actuality. She has the red hair and dragon warriors as proof. People in awe of that will join in masses to see her, support her, worship her, without her even trying. Even if she outright refuses, they will still form a following taking it up as modesty, believing it some sort of destined fate. The current 'law' be damned. This will still be a problem for Soo-won.
Not necessarily. When Ki-ja told that he is one of the dragons protecting King Hiryuu in the Sei arc, the soldiers just laughed at him, so I don’t think everyone will just believe this rumour. And there is this that people probably mainly know Yona as the daughter of Il, so they may think she will bad news to the country just like her father. Just like some expected during the coronation that Su-won will be a splendid ruler, because he is Yu-hon’s son.

The most probable outcome of Yona revealing her identity would be a split in the country. I suppose that the Sky tribe and the Earth tribe would follow Su-won. The Fire tribe is trickier, because they seem to care about the legend the most and Tea-jun, but Kyo-ga has no connection to Yona and Su-won spared his and his family life. The Water tribe is a bit tricky, because of Lily, but I am not sure they would go against Su-won. Joon-gi seems to be ok with Su-won who helped him to eradicate nadai and saved his daughter. Besides, Joon-gi wants to marry Lily to Su-won, so it is better for him that Su-won stays on the throne. I think that Yona can count on the full support of the Wind tribe, but the rest is arguable and probably not all will follow her.

As for the truth that Su-won killed Il will come to light, I am not so sure about it. Su-won may always say that they thought it was Hak, but apparently, they were mistaken and it was someone else. And even if it comes to light, the question is how many people would care? Il was unpopular and regarded as a bad king. Some people already guessed the truth and don’t care.
Hmm, but Kouren and Tao are royals. Wouldn't it be better for Soo-Won to stick to that, rather than side with a traitor like Gobi?
As long as Kouren and Tao don’t have control over the situation and cannot stop war it seems rather pointless. It will make sense to discuss with them if\when they regain control over the situation.
 

Mini_kinkin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2017
Messages
219
Reaction score
165
Country
Winterfell
Not necessarily. When Ki-ja told that he is one of the dragons protecting King Hiryuu in the Sei arc, the soldiers just laughed at him, so I don’t think everyone will just believe this rumour. And there is this that people probably mainly know Yona as the daughter of Il, so they may think she will bad news to the country just like her father. Just like some expected during the coronation that Su-won will be a splendid ruler, because he is Yu-hon’s son.

The most probable outcome of Yona revealing her identity would be a split in the country. I suppose that the Sky tribe and the Earth tribe would follow Su-won. The Fire tribe is trickier, because they seem to care about the legend the most and Tea-jun, but Kyo-ga has no connection to Yona and Su-won spared his and his family life. The Water tribe is a bit tricky, because of Lily, but I am not sure they would go against Su-won. Joon-gi seems to be ok with Su-won who helped him to eradicate nadai and saved his daughter. Besides, Joon-gi wants to marry Lily to Su-won, so it is better for him that Su-won stays on the throne. I think that Yona can count on the full support of the Wind tribe, but the rest is arguable and probably not all will follow her.

As for the truth that Su-won killed Il will come to light, I am not so sure about it. Su-won may always say that they thought it was Hak, but apparently, they were mistaken and it was someone else. And even if it comes to light, the question is how many people would care? Il was unpopular and regarded as a bad king. Some people already guessed the truth and don’t care.

As long as Kouren and Tao don’t have control over the situation and cannot stop war it seems rather pointless. It will make sense to discuss with them if\when they regain control over the situation.
The thing is, though, more people are seeing the dragons powers. How many rumours can simply be laughed off if its coming from every direction?

Also when I talk about siding, I am talking about the masses, not necessarily the generals. I think Ogi telling Soo-Won about Firetribe soldiers seeing Yona on the battle field was some sort of premonition for the firetribe masses to look up to Yona.

About not caring - yeah, maybe it won't make a difference since Il was a bad king. But if the masses do end up liking Yona and Soo-Won is the one who drove her out, they might care. Il was unpopular but Yona isn't. Now the Water tribe soldiers know she is the hero who saved them from Nadai (with Soo-Won but still) and also the Firetribe people know her as the bandits who helped the villages. Yona is surely gaining recognition as someone who has done good for the country.
 

@Aylinn

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2017
Messages
204
Reaction score
268
Country
Poland
Also when I talk about siding, I am talking about the masses, not necessarily the generals. I think Ogi telling Soo-Won about Firetribe soldiers seeing Yona on the battle field was some sort of premonition for the firetribe masses to look up to Yona.
Generally, the messes were not too interested in politics, since they had no say. I doubt that they will want Yona so badly as a ruler. Besides, Su-won made their lives easier and better, so they don’t have any reason to rebel against Su-won other than that Yona is Hiryuu. A large amount of them should not rebel in this situation. They should be more interested in taking care of their families rather than fighting for some princess. If at least they had something to gain personally from it, like if they thought that Su-won is doing a bad job and that changing him will improve their situation, but it is not the case here.

And the generals’ support is important, because it means the support of the tribe’s army. Army is the place where discipline is strict, so they are unlikely to rebel unless the higher ups are extremely incompetent, so even if Yona gains some peasants and town people’s support, they will not be a match against an experienced and disciplined army.
About not caring - yeah, maybe it won't make a difference since Il was a bad king. But if the masses do end up liking Yona and Soo-Won is the one who drove her out, they might care. Il was unpopular but Yona isn't.
In the extra chapter about New Year it was told that Yona also had a bad reputation back in the palace.
 

Mini_kinkin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2017
Messages
219
Reaction score
165
Country
Winterfell
Generally, the messes were not too interested in politics, since they had no say. I doubt that they will want Yona so badly as a ruler. Besides, Su-won made their lives easier and better, so they don’t have any reason to rebel against Su-won other than that Yona is Hiryuu. A large amount of them should not rebel in this situation. They should be more interested in taking care of their families rather than fighting for some princess. If at least they had something to gain personally from it, like if they thought that Su-won is doing a bad job and that changing him will improve their situation, but it is not the case here.

And the generals’ support is important, because it means the support of the tribe’s army. Army is the place where discipline is strict, so they are unlikely to rebel unless the higher ups are extremely incompetent, so even if Yona gains some peasants and town people’s support, they will not be a match against an experienced and disciplined army.

In the extra chapter about New Year it was told that Yona also had a bad reputation back in the palace.
Yeah I get what you are saying...though...French Revolution really comes to mind when the power of masses comes is mentioned.Though, Soo-Won is a good ruler, unlike in the French Revolution.

Anyway, I am not saying they would want Yona to be a ruler - but as some sort of authority or figurehead. Or maybe insist she marries Soo-Won.

Yona had a bad reputation back then, but I am talking about now. With the water tribe Nadai stuff, firetribe stuff it could be that her reputation has greatly improved. Not to mention she is Hiryuu re-incarnate, and maybe some people still have strong religious beliefs. Her identity is even revealed as princess Yona now.
 

shinobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
4,575
Country
Dragonstone
I didn't look at it like that, tbh.

Another possibility that could arise is Soo-Won using Yona/Hak/dragons similarly to Lily in Sei. Although it repeats a previous plot, it could have some interesting development between the main 3 characters.

I think It will go something like that, even Hak can manage some self control under circumstances like these were his friends and Yona are in danger and will work with Suwon, as for the development of the trio’s relationship, I don’t think we can hope for any change from Hak’s perspective regarding Suwon, but I feel that Suwon and Yona will reach some kind of agreement by the end of this arc, also I think there will be some development regarding Suwon’s and the dragons relationship, so far what we saw is that the dragons have weird reactions for Suwon, and as for him he generally ignores them and said he doesn’t need them but maybe this is about to change.
Hmm, but Kouren and Tao are royals. Wouldn't it be better for Soo-Won to stick to that, rather than side with a traitor like Gobi?
If Gobi, who’s from Xing doesn’t care about Kouren and Tao being royals and does as he pleases, why would Suwon, the King of another country consider that? Authority doesn’t mean anything if you don’t have the power to defend it, and even if Suwon made a deal with Kouren, seeing her poor standing right now he can’t rely on her to make Xing (all of the factions) keep their end of the deal.
 

Aniela

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2017
Messages
158
Reaction score
157
Country
Poland
It's two days before the next chapter, I guess we'll see what the author makes Su-won do soon enough :P I just hope he isn't dumbed down, but I'm hesitant to get my hopes high =.=

On another note, I'm curious if we'll jump right into the Kai Arc after this (it must come sooner or later), or if there'll be an intermission. Someone on tumblr counted that Su-won's birthday was mentioned a few times throughout the manga, so I wonder if this may be a foreshadowing for a more light-hearted arc, a breather of sort... or maybe it won't be light-hearted at all, but will come nonetheless. What do you think?
 

Trjpyo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2017
Messages
139
Reaction score
67
Country
Water Tribe
Korean scans for 148 are out!

Can someone redirect me to the thread where spoilers can be discussed? Im a little new to this.

the title seems to be pertaining to her. kourens not gonna die right? I mean she was just slashed like yona in the water tribe arc right? Even tetora had it worse.
 
Last edited:

lightningsha

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2013
Messages
133
Reaction score
120
Country
United States
It's nice to see more people discussing Yona :^_^
It's because many of us are coming from the AnY subforum on Mangafox. The forum over there is closing unfortunately :(

I think it's because Lily already mentioned it to the water and sky tribe so the rumours are bound to spread amongst soldiers and eventually citizens.

To top it off, if Yona renounces her rights - why would she do that unless she was forced or driven out? (Talking about the point of view of the masses that is)

It may not confirm the rumours, but it might make it stronger. What are the reasons a princess should renounce her rights otherwise?

And if we are talking about options Soo-Won has, marriage is one of them, so why should he make her renounce her rights? And why is the part-saviour of Kouka, Yona, allied with Hak - the supposed killer of King Il?This is when it might click that it is because Soo-Won killed Il and Soo-Won and Yona might not want to be allies because of it. Well just my thought process anyway. They haven't shown the public as this smart in Akatsuki No Yona so this may not happen at all actually.
I've heard of heirs denouncing their rights for more positive reasons too though. Like 'bowing out' for the next guy in line because you know he'll be more of an effective leader. Or heirs who simply did not want to rule.

If Yona renounces her rights, people might ask why, and she could say 'Because Soo-won is a better ruler' and that'll be that. Unless, like you said those rumors spread and people come up with their own conclusions. Still it'll be speculation unless Yona herself confirms it I think.

Not necessarily. When Ki-ja told that he is one of the dragons protecting King Hiryuu in the Sei arc, the soldiers just laughed at him, so I don’t think everyone will just believe this rumour. And there is this that people probably mainly know Yona as the daughter of Il, so they may think she will bad news to the country just like her father. Just like some expected during the coronation that Su-won will be a splendid ruler, because he is Yu-hon’s son.

The most probable outcome of Yona revealing her identity would be a split in the country. I suppose that the Sky tribe and the Earth tribe would follow Su-won. The Fire tribe is trickier, because they seem to care about the legend the most and Tea-jun, but Kyo-ga has no connection to Yona and Su-won spared his and his family life. The Water tribe is a bit tricky, because of Lily, but I am not sure they would go against Su-won. Joon-gi seems to be ok with Su-won who helped him to eradicate nadai and saved his daughter. Besides, Joon-gi wants to marry Lily to Su-won, so it is better for him that Su-won stays on the throne. I think that Yona can count on the full support of the Wind tribe, but the rest is arguable and probably not all will follow her.

As for the truth that Su-won killed Il will come to light, I am not so sure about it. Su-won may always say that they thought it was Hak, but apparently, they were mistaken and it was someone else. And even if it comes to light, the question is how many people would care? Il was unpopular and regarded as a bad king. Some people already guessed the truth and don’t care.

As long as Kouren and Tao don’t have control over the situation and cannot stop war it seems rather pointless. It will make sense to discuss with them if\when they regain control over the situation.
It's been hinted heavily that the spread of rumors will only keep increasing until many will have to start believing or go see Yona for proof themselves. Them not really believing now is just the start but we are talking about a future scenario when they do. And they will.
Eh that Kija scene gave me a different perspective than you have. Say if they casually accepted Kija's words that he is a Dragon Warrior, then I would be more inclined to believe many wouldn't care about Yona and the DWs being a divine legend reborn like you said and continue to focus on the dry politics. The fact that they didn't believe and laughed about it tells me it'll be even more impactful once they do believe. The legend to them is so rooted in fantasy, that it's like if Kija came up to them and said he was a fairy and they laughed him off as a loony. But if they realized the fantasy was actually not a fantasy, they would be blown away. I've read other stories where villagers are quick to believe stuff like a fairy come to town and casually accept it and move on with their lives. I don't see that so far in this story. So far, its seems a lot of people will have a very powerful reaction to seeing proof that dragon gods actually exist and actually are influencing their world.

True like you said there still will be many people who won't care too much about the Hiryuu legend come back to life, but a very sizable chunk would. Especially the more religiously inclined people.

Korean scans for 148 are out!

Can someone redirect me to the thread where spoilers can be discussed? Im a little new to this.

the title seems to be pertaining to her. kourens not gonna die right? I mean she was just slashed like yona in the water tribe arc right? Even tetora had it worse.
There is no spoiler thread unless Akatsuki no Yona gets it's own subforum section here. Hopefully it can sometime.

You would think she wouldn't die from a backslash but who knows...I lost count of how many people have serious injuries. Yotaka got a deep stab from the back and Mizari an arrow to the chest and some other place. By all rights, they shouldn't be even able to get out of bed, but there they are going all out on the battlefield...
I actually like Kouren more than Tao lately after she started gaining some sense, so hopefully she would live this...

Random thoughts:
-so Yotaka sees that Soo-won is not quite all 'like father like son' after he sees his face and after Soo-won lets him go back to Xing to tell Kouren he's come. (they were about to kill Yotaka after he declares to Soo-won how much he wants to kill him -Yotaka didn't really consider how effective Yona would be, and didn't know Soo-won came there for a talk, not immediate war.)

-Tae-woo is still giving Soo-won that look :XD

-it's good to see the 5 Stars shine on the battlefield. Maybe seeing their strencrekindle some pride and hope back into the Xing people.

-It sucks Gobi's not dead yet...but at least his mercenaries are getting wiped out. He'll have no support left if the soldiers decide to detach from him. Which I'm pretty sure they will once they realize, like Yotaka did, that Soo-won is willing to talk, not decapitate them and hang their heads on ropes.

Next chapter November 4th. So a one-issue break. Well we had a nice streak going, so a break finally is understandable.
 
Last edited:

Mini_kinkin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2017
Messages
219
Reaction score
165
Country
Winterfell
Korean scans for 148 are out!

Can someone redirect me to the thread where spoilers can be discussed? Im a little new to this.

the title seems to be pertaining to her. kourens not gonna die right? I mean she was just slashed like yona in the water tribe arc right? Even tetora had it worse.
Trypjo how did you get Water Tribe as your country? Someone else had Winterfell too. I feel I am missing out. O0

Edit: NVM I found it. Should learn to scroll all the way down :P

It's because many of us are coming from the AnY subforum on Mangafox. The forum over there is closing unfortunately :(

I've heard of heirs denouncing their rights for more positive reasons too though. Like 'bowing out' for the next guy in line because you know he'll be more of an effective leader. Or heirs who simply did not want to rule.

If Yona renounces her rights, people might ask why, and she could say 'Because Soo-won is a better ruler' and that'll be that. Unless, like you said those rumors spread and people come up with their own conclusions. Still it'll be speculation unless Yona herself confirms it I think.


It's been hinted heavily that the spread of rumors will only keep increasing until many will have to start believing or go see Yona for proof themselves. Them not really believing now is just the start but we are talking about a future scenario when they do. And they will.
Eh that Kija scene gave me a different perspective than you have. Say if they casually accepted Kija's words that he is a Dragon Warrior, then I would be more inclined to believe many wouldn't care about Yona and the DWs being a divine legend reborn like you said and continue to focus on the dry politics. The fact that they didn't believe and laughed about it tells me it'll be even more impactful once they do believe. The legend to them is so rooted in fantasy, that it's like if Kija came up to them and said he was a fairy and they laughed him off as a loony. But if they realized the fantasy was actually not a fantasy, they would be blown away. I've read other stories where villagers are quick to believe stuff like a fairy come to town and casually accept it and move on with their lives. I don't see that so far in this story. So far, its seems a lot of people will have a very powerful reaction to seeing proof that dragon gods actually exist and actually are influencing their world.

True like you said there still will be many people who won't care too much about the Hiryuu legend come back to life, but a very sizable chunk would. Especially the more religiously inclined people.
Yeah, I guess if it comes from Yona's mouth, then suspicion wouldn't fall on Soo-Won.

Will just have to wait and see how Kouka reacts to Yona. Should be interesting.

@Aniela I hope there is a light-hearted arc. And I want at least ONE full chapter with Yona and Hak discussing that kiss and getting somewhere with their relationship. Wouldn't mind seeing a filler chapter with the dragons either or something related to Zeno.
 
Last edited:

Aniela

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2017
Messages
158
Reaction score
157
Country
Poland
@Aniela I hope there is a light-hearted arc. And I want at least ONE full chapter with Yona and Hak discussing that kiss and getting somewhere with their relationship. Wouldn't mind seeing a filler chapter with the dragons either or something related to Zeno.
A whole chapter of discussing romance? O_o I'd die!

On the serious note though, I too want their relationship to kick off at last, this procrastination gets on my nerves even if I don't particularly ship them.

@Trjpyo Thanks for the link! Though I'll try to refrain from reading until there's a translation out...

E/ I leafed through the scans after all, and heck, am I irked that I can't read Korean to know what Su-won was saying...

Also, it seems that the next chapter will come out on 11.04, so there's going to be a break next issue :(
 
Last edited:

Mini_kinkin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2017
Messages
219
Reaction score
165
Country
Winterfell
A whole chapter of discussing romance? O_o I'd die!

On the serious note though, I too want their relationship to kick off at last, this procrastination gets on my nerves even if I don't particularly ship them.
Lmao. I neeeed some romance chapters. Maybe Lily can prepare some cake for Soo-Won for his birthday? ;)
 

shinobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
4,575
Country
Dragonstone
If it’s about romance, I actually like Kouren, I like her far better than Tao, and I’m starting to like the idea of a Suwon x Kouren pair, although she hates him with passion right now but she doesn’t really know him, I hope there’ll be something by the end of this arc ^ ^ , although this will disappoint Lili’s father. I'll keep Suwon x Lili as my second choice lol!!

You would think she wouldn't die from a backslash but who knows...I lost count of how many people have serious injuries. Yotaka got a deep stab from the back and Mizari an arrow to the chest and some other place. By all rights, they shouldn't be even able to get out of bed, but there they are going all out on the battlefield...
I actually like Kouren more than Tao lately after she started gaining some sense, so hopefully she would live this...

Random thoughts:
-so Yotaka sees that Soo-won is not quite all 'like father like son' after he sees his face and after Soo-won lets him go back to Xing to tell Kouren he's come. (they were about to kill Yotaka after he declares to Soo-won how much he wants to kill him -Yotaka didn't really consider how effective Yona would be, and didn't know Soo-won came there for a talk, not immediate war.)

-Tae-woo is still giving Soo-won that look :XD

-it's good to see the 5 Stars shine on the battlefield. Maybe seeing their strencrekindle some pride and hope back into the Xing people.

-It sucks Gobi's not dead yet...but at least his mercenaries are getting wiped out. He'll have no support left if the soldiers decide to detach from him. Which I'm pretty sure they will once they realize, like Yotaka did, that Soo-won is willing to talk, not decapitate them and hang their heads on ropes.

Next chapter November 4th. So a one-issue break. Well we had a nice streak going, so a break finally is understandable.
Kouren is seriously injured, I hope she doesn’t die, I really like her.
Did Yotaka call Suwon the son of the devil?? He’s really surprised at how different Suwon is from his father, by appearance and by actions, he thought he’ll be beheaded for sure but sent him back to Xing, this is a good start.
and Lol @ Kye-shok ^ ^ he’s so irritated; he doesn’t like this whole Xing business hehe :D
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,246
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Soo-Won x Lily is my number 1. The gag quality right there is enough. Was hilarious with Tetora in the Sei arc.

I don't mind the idea of Kouren, honestly haven't thought about that much. Mainly because it'd be hard for her. She's a candidate though (she looks like Soo-Won a bit sometimes :teehee). Tao is my least favoured choice (well Yona is below that). Anyways Soo-Won needs a queen so options can't be off the table.
 

Aniela

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2017
Messages
158
Reaction score
157
Country
Poland
Soo-Won x Lily is my number 1. The gag quality right there is enough. Was hilarious with Tetora in the Sei arc.

I don't mind the idea of Kouren, honestly haven't thought about that much. Mainly because it'd be hard for her. She's a candidate though (she looks like Soo-Won a bit sometimes :teehee). Tao is my least favoured choice (well Yona is below that). Anyways Soo-Won needs a queen so options can't be off the table.
I didn't even ship them until they started NOTP each other so fiercely XD If I were to choose between Kouren and Tao though, I'd rather it were Tao. I like her more for some reason.
 

@Aylinn

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2017
Messages
204
Reaction score
268
Country
Poland
If there is going to be some romance, I hope Kusanagi will throw some good meat for Su-won & Lily shippers.

Yona & Hak failed to interest me a long time ago, so I don’t care if there will be any development or not now. I suppose they have high chances to officially get together at the end of the manga, which is a shoujo standard. Kusanagi probably will keep them too busy to discuss or she will split them again, etc., so the romance can be frozen for several chapters and in this way, they will not get together properly and officially before the end of the manga like generic shoujo couple.
 

Mini_kinkin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2017
Messages
219
Reaction score
165
Country
Winterfell
I didn't even ship them until they started NOTP each other so fiercely XD If I were to choose between Kouren and Tao though, I'd rather it were Tao. I like her more for some reason.
I like Tao more too. Tao has a likeable quality about her. But she is still naive. At least she tried to do something about peace though. After this arc she should be less naive.

I really didn't like Kouren in the beginning, what with sacrificing little kids to fight as soldiers on the front-lines. But now I am warming up to her so I hope she doesn't die. I want to see some proper development first if she does die.

But Soo-Won and Lily are my second fave OTP after Yona and Hak so they must get together. :hip
 
Last edited:

Beleth

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2015
Messages
68
Reaction score
55
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Still waiting for Kouren & Soowon to get into the warfare. It would be interesting if Soowon will pick his queen this time :teehee
 

Y u m a

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 2, 2017
Messages
23
Reaction score
39
Country
Water Tribe
Soo-Won x Lily is my number 1. The gag quality right there is enough. Was hilarious with Tetora in the Sei arc.

I don't mind the idea of Kouren, honestly haven't thought about that much. Mainly because it'd be hard for her. She's a candidate though (she looks like Soo-Won a bit sometimes :teehee). Tao is my least favoured choice (well Yona is below that). Anyways Soo-Won needs a queen so options can't be off the table.
That's why I'm not a fan of Soowon x Lily, because it seems to be just a gag pairing with no real chemistry :(. Lily is a bit immature for him imo, and she does not have his foresight. I don't see her as the ideal partner. Her methods and views are too different. Lily and Soowon will need more character development for this pairing to work.

Tao and Kouren are not great choices either, though I lean more toward Kouren. A relationship between two strong-headed characters like them will be interesting :teehee.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,246
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
That's fair, about the chemistry. Lily like older men. Soo-Won has no real interest in women. Then again that's what makes it work!

I think any choice for Soo-Won will lack chemistry purely because of the way he is. Taking a queen is more a duty than desire.

Romance is pretty minor in the series too. Apart from Yona+Hak, and Soo-Won having a queen; are there any other relationships worth noting? I mean future pairings. I thought about Tetora and Ki-ja. If there's one dragon I'd like to see romance for it would be Jae-ha. I thought about him and Kouren...
 
Top