Hangout Manga Wars 2017 - Hangout

Vici

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
3,413
Reaction score
16,901
Gender
Female
Country
Pyke
OPM vs Neverland I'm sorry @Erinyes but this time you can't count on my vote


But take comfort in knowing that if Neverland will pass OPM it will have my support in next round
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
SnK is the best btw, vote for it onegai '-'
Sorry....even with a series like Berserk.
No ending is worse than a bad one....i cant vote a series that hasnt ended,no matter how much i like it.
But thats just me....
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
In the end....thats what it may boil down too.
How did it end?
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It was a joke after that speech ç.ç
Aaah....dont get me wrong.
SnK is an excellent series....been following it from the start.
You get what im trying to say tho?
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,680
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
I do xD Just wouldn't follow your line. Series on a hiatus or that are on going can still be awesome and I don't see an ending as something necessary for me to deem it like that.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I do xD Just wouldn't follow your line. Series on a hiatus or that are on going can still be awesome and I don't see an ending as something necessary for me to deem it like that.
An Olympic sprinter cant claim gold unless they finish the race...no matter how fast they run
:cookiehand
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,128
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
@gnut, ojisaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan You're a family man ! :zomg so you will definitely support some sweet orphans won't you ? dont betray them I beg you ! so please neeeed your vote


 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
And it rightfully should fall after cheating out a victory against SnS. Promised Neverland will be its Promised End.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Ok, now I have time to mine some salt.

Kakegurui vs Nana Salt Level: 5/10.

What can I say about this match, @Farfalla managed to campaign for her series. While I am not a fan of real life series, Nana probably does it in away I might try it once. I still feel Kakegurui is the better series, but how do you win against the Farfy Army?

Shokugeki no Soma vs Vagabond: Salt Mine/10

Not only did I have @SirSamuel016 debate for this series, but I advertised it to the SnS subrreddit and it still lost. Are you bloody kidding me? No seriously, if I wanted to a wandering samurai series, there is RK and Samurai Jack. Not a series with only one good character and looks edgier than a Linkin Park Album. And if I wanted to read a gory Seinen, there is Beserk ffs. And when you're series takes @The President (of the USA :kappa ) to defend it, you're in some serious trouble my lads. An awards are a joke, go take at the look at all the snubs in history like Alfred Hitchcock and Metallica (and Beyonce'). We need to avenge this tragedy of a rigged voting system and have TPN destroy it.

Bleach vs Anything: 8/10

There are only two manga series worth book burning: Vampire Knight and Bleach. And one of these actually had a good anime ending that avoided filth, and that's the Shojo Vampire story that makes Twilight look like scrappy fanfiction. No seriously, Kubo had to delete his twitter after ending his glorified rubbish. To make it worse, he wasted panels on nothing. If you're going to waste pages, do it with awesome stuff like
Satoshi from SnS cutting up an eel
. And more importantly, answers your unresolved plot points!

FMA: Shitpost/10

Really people? You actually enjoy a manga about a boy gimping his arm and nearly killing his brother over a failed experiment? Or where a soldier dies like a bitch, causing a mustang to cry like a wimp?

The only redeeming quality of this series is when a little girl is turned into a dog, that was hilarious as hell. The only enjoyable characters are lust :hurr and Armstrong, a living meme lord.

I can't believe this was even nominated, let alone even have a chance at sweet Nana.
Econ is the new Rai @Aizen @Atom :Rofl
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hm.. not sure.... I win mainly because my opponent lacked of combativeness he forfeited thinking there's no way a baby manga could shake a veteran. that's it
How sweet and modest.... almost too much so.:notsure

One Punch-man fans! My fellow heroes, don't be fooled by her insidious ploy. Erin is trying to lure you into a false sense of security. Don't be swayed into allowing OPM to become a paving stone for her tyrannical depressed Chibi empire. Vote for One Punch-man and stop her and Neverland now. Before it's too late!

 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
How sweet and modest.... almost too much so.:notsure

One Punch-man fans! My fellow heroes, don't be fooled by her insidious ploy. Erin is trying to lure you into a false sense of security. Don't be swayed into allowing OPM to become a paving stone for her tyrannical depressed Chibi empire. Vote for One Punch-man and stop her and Neverland now. Before it's too late!

Anime rips intensify :teehee
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
I think Jammin is saving the godly art of the manga for later matches. :heh

Now seriously, almost every nomination deserves to pass this round, Neverland is so damn good in its own way.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,102
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Sorry....even with a series like Berserk.
No ending is worse than a bad one....i cant vote a series that hasnt ended,no matter how much i like it.
But thats just me....
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
In the end....thats what it may boil down too.
How did it end?
Does a story need an ending for it to be an enjoyable ride?

Dunno, its a weird concept the one you have. With that in mind, both One Piece and Dragon Ball (which technically hasnt ended) are without a doubt inferior to... Bleach.

With the whole concept of arcs in series, you could say a lot of stories ended, it's just the new ones the ones that didn't reach said end. Dunno, it's silly to me, in your shoes I would be voting for the likes of Berserk without a shadow of a doubt.
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,197
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
One piece, Gintama, Kingdom and One Punch man, they all passed, is it a dream?:zomg. Sorry, Erin-chan, but I can't vote TPN this time, I will support one Punch man.
 

Battou

⎲⎳
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 11, 2015
Messages
2,501
Reaction score
8,347
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Uruguay
One piece, Gintama, Kingdom and One Punch man, they all passed, is it a dream?:zomg. Sorry, Erin-chan, but I can't vote TPN this time, I will support one Punch man.
Will you also support Snk? :sky as a good southie?
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Does a story need an ending for it to be an enjoyable ride?

Dunno, its a weird concept the one you have. With that in mind, both One Piece and Dragon Ball (which technically hasnt ended) are without a doubt inferior to... Bleach.

With the whole concept of arcs in series, you could say a lot of stories ended, it's just the new ones the ones that didn't reach said end. Dunno, it's silly to me, in your shoes I would be voting for the likes of Berserk without a shadow of a doubt.
I dont deny some series are fun rides...so were series like gantz,naruto,bleach,etc,etc....until the ending (or well before it).
Im not forcing my reasoning on anyone...and im here just for fun.

But crowning a series the best of all time with no ending sounds kinda weird....no?
That is what we are going to do in the end...there will only be 2.
 
Top