Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Then he made Amalgam
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
shhhhhh, we don't talk about Amalgam

I hope he does a new work soon, I still see potentials in the mangaka, so I'm hoping for another Hori-like situation
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Change in editor for Soma (Is the manga finally gonna pick up the pace)

It never lost the pace in my point of view though.
I think changes of editor are standard procedure to rotate the experiences, the authors just don't say much about that.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I don't think Golem Hearts will feel very similar to One Piece outside of the adventure aspects.

But I really wanted an adventure series.(although I suppose Black Clover is somewhat one).

MHA is great an all, but I when characters never stay in the same settings and are always moving towards new and unique locations. Something I love about One Piece, and loved about Dragon Ball
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,075
Reaction score
6,932
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Heroaca is fine in cities but it could easily change things up, wheres aerial fights at the top of skyscrapers and business offices or meandering sewers. The underground changing labyrinth was cool but we were there for so few chapters :(
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Have faith Sharkbait, just hope Jump gives this one the Dr. Stone treatment and lets it have a chance. Dr. Stone no matter what anyone says was terrible until this new arc.

Also MHA's world was always going to limited cause of the school aspect as was Bleach's. It'll be funny if Hori has an arc that takes them to America though.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I just gotta feeling only Tomato poodle will survive. Most battle shonen have been getting the axe since Kimetsu, and Fulldrive will probably be another Ole Golazo
 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Dr. Stone would be great if the pace was not so fast. It's just action and reaction. There's no adventure. The interactions, the setting and the ideas in general are quite superficial.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I think the easiest manga to notice the influence of the editor is Dragon Ball, because the tone changes.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Most battle shonen have been getting the axe since Kimetsu
all of them were axed but one

and ironically it's the one they should've burn with fire
 

AllEyez

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2017
Messages
80
Reaction score
11
Age
32
Country
Mariejoa
That's a good question. I honestly don't know. Unlike Super all those series have been running simultaneously for years they're just under different titles while Dragonball Super is the first non-spin-off related material to be released in over 20 years. Though given how some of these things count everything released under the franchise for total sales that might be the case with DBS.
@bolded
If that's the case does that mean GT isn't Canon

People on kazenshu argue alot on what is Canon u "GT and Super is Canon" "No only Super is Canon"

Does that mean GT non-canon
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
how can anyone still argue GT is canon after watching/reading Super?

Super takes place before GT, but the events of Super have not affected the world and characters of GT
where are Super powerup in GT? where are Gohan/Kirllin/Vegeta developments? where are the gods of destruction?

give up dudes, Super erased GT
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
@bolded
If that's the case does that mean GT isn't Canon

People on kazenshu argue alot on what is Canon u "GT and Super is Canon" "No only Super is Canon"

Does that mean GT non-canon
"Oh wait, don´t mention it. We can´t enjoy it on its own. DBS can be enjoyable on its own"
With people having opinions like this I really wonder is DBSis actually good or they´re overblowing it with saying "it´s better than GT". If you watched GT before, tell me your opinions about it. Did you like it or not? For my part I say that Baby was a villain I was scared of when I was a child, but I don´t know if that might still happen now.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,852
Age
33
Country
United States
Toriyama barely has more to do with Super than he did with GT.
Far as I'm concerned, the only canon is the original manga. Which even then doesn't respect the canon it sets for itself.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,295
Reaction score
7,328
Age
33
Country
Scotland
The real question here is why are DBZ fans the only ones who argue constantly about 'anime-canon'? I've never seen anything else even close to it, for pretty much every single other series the vast majority of people accept that the source material is canon with no arguments to be had.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
On a completely unrelated note, I wonder how the Bort manga would've done if it had the same or very similar stories and characters and such but was an original series rather than being a Naruto sequel.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Boruto is not a copy of anything, so it is an original series and sequel of Naruto. It is both. ô.o
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
The real question here is why are DBZ fans the only ones who argue constantly about 'anime-canon'? I've never seen anything else even close to it, for pretty much every single other series the vast majority of people accept that the source material is canon with no arguments to be had.
my only explanation is they watched 64 episodes of GT, so they invested too much time in it and don't want anyone to tell them they did that for nothing
 

randimari

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2017
Messages
105
Reaction score
248
Age
33
Country
United States
"Oh wait, don´t mention it. We can´t enjoy it on its own. DBS can be enjoyable on its own"
With people having opinions like this I really wonder is DBSis actually good or they´re overblowing it with saying "it´s better than GT". If you watched GT before, tell me your opinions about it. Did you like it or not? For my part I say that Baby was a villain I was scared of when I was a child, but I don´t know if that might still happen now.
Best: Trunks, seeing teen Goten, kid Goku, SSJ4 and SSJ4 fusion, Uub, Omega Shenron

Worst: Baby, Pan, Shadow Dragons, plot

Super is better because the gods of destruction are better characters.
 

Shinji Hirako

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2017
Messages
133
Reaction score
196
Age
30
Country
United Kingdom
The real question here is why are DBZ fans the only ones who argue constantly about 'anime-canon'? I've never seen anything else even close to it, for pretty much every single other series the vast majority of people accept that the source material is canon with no arguments to be had.
It's because of how messed up the timeline of the Dragon ball franchise is. Honestly I love the series but I'm starting to become annoyed at how many free passes Dragon ball gets compared to other series. There are too many timeline plotholes and how on earth do Goten and Trunks still look like kids. No matter how big a franchise is It should not be able to get away with anything.just because of the name.

I personally liked GT and believe that super saiyan 4 is better than any DBS transformation. The downtime after arcs in Super for me is one of its strongest features.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top