Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Fujimaster

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Messages
437
Reaction score
304
Country
Brazil
Do y'all think we will get an anime announcement for a shounen jump manga before the year is up?

I'm hoping for The Promised Neverland lol
I do not think the TPN anime will be announced this year.
Yuragi anime is most likely to be announced.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
No doubt we'll at least see one thing announced at Jump Festa but it'd be nice to see a double announcement of Kimetsu and Yuragi, they did start in the same batch after all so they're both around the point stuff generally gets anime announcements.

I like to think of the two series as really odd rivals.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Since Yuuna is the only newer series that has a main event at Jump Festa, I only expect it alone to get an announcement. Of course, I would kill for a Kimetsu announcement though.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I'm guessing we'll get a Yunna announcement, and info on MHA Season 3
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
I want to wait almost another year for Kimetsu anime announcement. It aint ripe enough yet.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Do y'all think we will get an anime announcement for a shounen jump manga before the year is up?

I'm hoping for The Promised Neverland lol
Fingers crossed for Vento Aureo.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Do y'all think we will get an anime announcement for a shounen jump manga before the year is up?

I'm hoping for The Promised Neverland lol
An anime of this at this point in time would feel way too soon, id at least want an anime to cover up to their meeting with minerva.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I just realized why Lamech from Golem Heart is raising all the death flags in my eyes

Noah and Lamech relationship is just like Chopper and Hiluluk relationship

and we all know how that ended
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Since Yuuna is the only newer series that has a main event at Jump Festa, I only expect it alone to get an announcement. Of course, I would kill for a Kimetsu announcement though.
Kimetsu and Yuuna have almost the same number of chapters, So if Yuuna anime is gonna be announced in Jump Festa, we will probably see something about a Kimetsu anime in 2018.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Looks like HZ is setting the final stage as the next tournament.

If I understood right, Kusanagi has lost to the current Yokozuna 11 times in a row. Jinou is now saying he'll retire if he wins the next tournament despite being in top shape because then none of the guys will get the chance to say they're the strongest. This shit could easily go for 50-100+ chapters though considering the Inter high.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I dont know about Golem Hearts, good character designs, but the Golem Noah reveal felt like something that should have come way down the series line. I dont see what type of story this will go for. I feel like it will have the same type of survival strategy as Red Sprite
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
The 2nd time I read Golem Hearts I enjoyed it more than the first, the emotional and action beats were great but the story beats could of been more. I agree w/ Sharkbait though, in the one shot we found out he was a golem at the end when he saved the girl which was a surprising revelation but in the first chapter we found out by some background characters we'll probably never see again.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Golem Hearts had a fairly good first chapter. No annoying characters or overly cringeworthy tropes like Fulldrive was littered with. Nothing came off as outright bad, which is almost a rarity among first chapters. Of course, it was still a ways off from being able to say it was well done, but it got me interested in seeing what direction the series goes in.
My ranking of the first chapters this round: Golem Hearts>Lycopene>>Full Drive.

Don’t think I commented on Full Drive last week, but it came across as a Black Clover of the sports genre to me personally. That said, sports series normally have very generic and poor beginnings, so I’ll give it the benefit of the doubt.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Yeah, so far the one shot is better. The art work, golem reveal, and villain were all handled much better. Also, I hope that Noah doesn't stay a kid because I liked his older design a lot more.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
I liked the first chapter of Golem Hearts a lot more than I expected to. I love this father/son relationship and the manga is so fun and comfy yet takes place in a world I'm sure I'll be able to take seriously if shit decides to hit the fan.
 

OfficialHxH

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2017
Messages
1,043
Reaction score
1,909
Country
United States
I liked the first chapter of Golem Hearts a lot more than I expected to. I love this father/son relationship and the manga is so fun and comfy yet takes place in a world I'm sure I'll be able to take seriously if shit decides to hit the fan.
Couldn't have said it better
 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
I did not see much difference between FD and GH in terms of quality. I found both mediocre. But the setting (and the onsehot vibe) makes me have more hopes with GH.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
BLack Clover anime has at least led to more english bl fanfics being written, so its a success by my books.
 

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
The 2nd chapter of Full Drive was cringy inducing with the MC screaming "I WANT TO DESTROY EVERYONE ABOVE ME!"
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top