- Joined
- May 31, 2011
- Messages
- 1,036
- Reaction score
- 1,307
- Age
- 39
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
I wouldn't of thought Watsuki was that kind of guy, Holy shit I wonder how the public will deal with this?
There's Food Fighter Tabelu by Kyousuke Usata, who did Sexy Commando Gaiden and Pyuu to Fuku Jaguar. Although, I'm not sure if he's well known in the West. There's also Astra Lost in Space by Kenta Shinohara, but they already picked that up.What other Jump+ series have a well-known creator behind them?
Yeah there's no doubt about that. Even if you go to amazon reviews, most of Takeshi's volumes are poorly rated solely on the fact of Shimabu's scandal. It destroyed his chances of getting an anime.Oda can't help him out of this one. What's worse is that this has pretty much tarnish the Rurouni Kenshin brand for the foreseeable future and Jump is more than likely going to ignore it for any special events like Seikimatsu.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Shimabukuro was charged with violating child prostitution laws which was settled out of court and never made public eye, he was allowed to end Sekimatsu in Super Jump once the charges had been settled and immediately started working on Toriko. This case with Watsuki has already broken public eye and child porn is a much serious offense especially given the current state Japan is in so even after he either pays the fine or serves time in prison his already dead career as a mangaka is over and Kenshin will never be held in the same regard ever again.
He got arrested but it didn't hit the same way Watsuki CP scandal has. Basically if it was still on people's memories there's no way in hell Toriko would have been pushed as much.Yeah there's no doubt about that. Even if you go to amazon reviews, most of Takeshi's volumes are poorly rated solely on the fact of Shimabu's scandal. It destroyed his chances of getting an anime.
I thought it made the public eye with Shimabu's case & he got arrested (?). I dont think Oda helped Shimabu as people say since he was able to write RING before Toriko and ofc finish Takeshi
Japan has a service called enjo kosai in which people can ask for an evening companion for company or sexual favors for the evening. Shima was caught with someone who was underaged as a client.So, I have to ask. I'm not trying to defend Shima, but something I've always wondered. Did Shima just try to hire a prostitute and then she just happened to be underaged, or was he specifically looking for an underaged prostitute? Also, did he actually sleep with said prostitute?
I hope that's the case that it was an honest mistake and it was the company who should be responsible for hiring an underage client but given this case with Watsuki came out of nowhere you just never know. Given how Japan tends to joke about pedophilia as a commonplace thing its always unsurprising when someone eventually comes out.From what I've seen, she apparently said she wasn't underage. Then again, that's just what he claimed, only he really knows the answer.
Did he specifically ask for an underaged prostitute? Also, shouldn't that service get in trouble for employing someone underaged?Japan has a service called enjo kosai in which people can ask for an evening companion for company or sexual favors for the evening. Shima was caught with someone who was underaged as a client.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
See, if that's actually true, I feel like he shouldn't have been punished.From what I've seen, she apparently said she wasn't underage. Then again, that's just what he claimed, only he really knows the answer.
That's the thing we don't exactly know if that's the case or not. I'm veering to no just because everything was settled out of court by paying a fine and instead of being fired from Shueisha he just had to end Takeshi prematurely in Super Jump and was able to start a brand new series in WSJ immediately afterwards if he was trying to hook up with an underage prostitute that would be harder to defend.Did he specifically ask for an underaged prostitute? Also, shouldn't that service get in trouble for employing someone underaged?
Plus, I'd like to think Oda wouldn't be friends with a pedophile.That's the thing we don't exactly know if that's the case or not. I'm veering to no just because everything was settled out of court by paying a fine and instead of being fired from Shueisha he just had to end Takeshi prematurely in Super Jump and was able to start a brand new series in WSJ immediately afterwards if he was trying to hook up with an underage prostitute that would be harder to defend.
It was a dating app so my assumption was that he was looking for a relationship. He's married now so I think we should end this discussion.Did he specifically ask for an underaged prostitute? Also, shouldn't that service get in trouble for employing someone underaged?
See, if that's actually true, I feel like he shouldn't have been punished.--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
He could come back under some pen name and hope no one knows.his already dead career as a mangaka is over and Kenshin will never be held in the same regard ever again.
He could but who would hire him? And his art is fairly recognizable as well. The guy just went back to Kenshin too and now its shelved indefinitely.He could come back under some pen name and hope no one knows.
Though I imagine, people will be like me and not even touch anything he does even if he does come back.
Thursday is a holiday in japan, Labour Day, thats probably why its out so early. May mean early chapters also it's doubtful but its possible since I'm not sure if WSJ considers that a time away from work day.Why is the TOC out today, is there a holiday and we should expect a chapter a day earlier?