- Joined
- Oct 1, 2017
- Messages
- 158
- Reaction score
- 157
- Country
-
I think that if Su-won wanted religion gone, he wouldn't let Xing keep theirs religion (at least according to pandaflavorcookies' translation - check up chapter 141, page 22. The Edited Manga group have instead only vague "affairs within boundaries" without specifying). I think it's pretty obvious that he doesn't like it, but it doesn't have to mean that he persecutes it. I wouldn't even say that he's an atheist, since he's been clearly aware of Yona's divine status, he's just angry at the gods or something like that, possibly due to personal or half-personal (if it was over the state they let Kouka fall into) matters.
Also, just to be clear, I'm too a believer. Or well, I want to be a believer, but the more cynical part of myself keeps whispering that an All-Good God watching over us sounds too good to be real =.= But despite all my internal problems, I do respect religion and take part in practices.
However, I dislike the way religion is set up in AnY so far, where it's clear that Kouka's religion is true - since the dragons are real - and none other country had their religion even explained. It sounds too much like Japanese nationalism, together with the fact that according to their mythology, as far as I remember, only Japan was intentionally created by the deities, and the rest of the world was created by accident and is hence of secondary importance.
Also, just to be clear, I'm too a believer. Or well, I want to be a believer, but the more cynical part of myself keeps whispering that an All-Good God watching over us sounds too good to be real =.= But despite all my internal problems, I do respect religion and take part in practices.
However, I dislike the way religion is set up in AnY so far, where it's clear that Kouka's religion is true - since the dragons are real - and none other country had their religion even explained. It sounds too much like Japanese nationalism, together with the fact that according to their mythology, as far as I remember, only Japan was intentionally created by the deities, and the rest of the world was created by accident and is hence of secondary importance.
Last edited:
. Thanks for thaaat. 
). Hak's first reaction to Su-won's betrayal was denial (asking if he's drunk, stating that he's not the one to fixate himself on the throne etc.).