- Joined
- Oct 30, 2016
- Messages
- 1,463
- Reaction score
- 1,527
- Country
-
I never understood the reasoning that people buy the volumes for the nipples. Is it really worth spending a couple bucks for that?
They could have, but it wouldn't be what the mangaka fully invisioned when he was making his manga.They could have it censored in the volumes as well, though.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
People buy different kinds of things for different kinds of reasons, I don't see the problem. Since manga is so easily available and cheap in Japan I don't see why someone wouldn't buy something they want for cheap. Since Yuuna isn't straight up porn, people surely also buy the volumes because they like the story or some of the characters.I never understood the reasoning that people buy the volumes for the nipples. Is it really worth spending a couple bucks for that?
As if whether or not there are nipples makes a difference in the story.They could have, but it wouldn't be what the mangaka fully invisioned when he was making his manga.
Last time I checked, publishers don't censor the art their mangaka produce for no good reason, especially when they get released as volumes.As if whether or not there are nipples makes a difference in the story.
People buy body pillows. I think you know your answer.I never understood the reasoning that people buy the volumes for the nipples. Is it really worth spending a couple bucks for that?
Fair enough. I misinterpreted what you said as the manga is being held back due to the censorship in the magazine chapters. My mistake.Last time I checked, publishers don't censor the art their mangaka produce for no good reason, especially when they get released as volumes.
What does what I said even have to do with the story? I just pointed out the magazine version doesn't contain the original.
If they would censor shounen action manga and take out the just the blood from bloody scenes and whatever, that also wouldn't affect the story, right? But it wouldn't feel right.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Yeah but you can cuddle with the pillows and ease your sense of loneliness.People buy body pillows. I think you know your answer.
Has the author had any success since then?someone picked up Shinkaigyo, a 1 volume long insta-cancelled manga from 1999 WSJ
https://bato.to/comic/_/comics/shinkaigyo-r22480
Again, am I missing something? Lmao.2017 - Times in Top 5 + Times in Bottom 5 of ToC
Bottom 5: - Note that some ToCs only had 9 series being ranked.
Spring Weapon: 32
No thanks, I'd personally prefer a somewhat fast paced adaptation of Neverland to really keep the tension and the excitement going in one continuous rush. I would't want them to drag out things too much either. From what I calculated, if they adapted about 3 chapters per episode, things would fit nicely in 13 episodes, maybe even make an episode double length and that's more than enough.I know this discussion was a few pages back but I think there's already enough content for PNL to have a 2 cour season. 22-24 episodes would adequate for the series since it has a lot more dialogue than MHA, which MHA somehow gets a pass averaging just 1.8 per episode.
Sure, there's only 38 chapters for that arc but there's plenty of scenes full of tension that could be sightly extended without making it drag on and it wouldn't hurt to add a little more backstory to for sister Krone.
Bottom 5: - Note that some ToCs only had 9 series being ranked.
Spring Weapon: 32
At this point, yes you are. Spring Weapon is a magnificent work of art that's so stupendous, the MC walks around with a fourth-wall breaking expression of total shock at how great the scenarios he gets put in are lol (there are usually a good number of panels of him looking shocked though every chapter).Again, am I missing something? Lmao.
I don't think mangaka and editors go into serializations thinking their series are going to be bottom dwellers. It costs money run a series in the magazine thus editors and Shueisha's business departments will ideally want every series to succeed. Its more like they end up as bottom dwellers. Seishun has outlasted Marie despite Marie selling more than double it according to some estimates. While we will never know who it appeals to, I can't help but think there are other series that are deserving of a spot in Jump to try and make it big. We've been over this before, but there probably is some demographic that are absolutely in love with the series and they're big enough to consider letting it stay for more than a year.At this point, yes you are. Spring Weapon is a magnificent work of art that's so stupendous, the MC walks around with a fourth-wall breaking expression of total shock at how great the scenarios he gets put in are lol (there are usually a good number of panels of him looking shocked though every chapter).
But in all seriousness, it was basically designed to be a bottom dweller in the TOC. A series like that at best will occupy right above the middle of the TOC. I don't think it's bad, it's just super stupid, like a shut-off-your-brain-and-laugh type of series. I'm testing a theory, and am going to say it'll last around 85-90 chapters and get 10 volumes. This seems like what the last couple "how is this still here" underperformers have gotten.