Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
I'm pretty sure Shimabu is going to stick to doing gag manga. That's all he's been doing since Toriko.
All his series have a lot of comedy in it. He said that he wanted to try something new for his next series when Toriko ended iirc so idk where he's going with all these oneshots.

He did do Halftime recently which was a sports one shot.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Niconico is live-streaming most of the Jump Festa super stages this year (MHA, Yuragi, TG:re, NPoT, Haikyuu, BC, Saiki, Boruto, BBB).
They did this last year as well.
http://www.jumpfesta.com/stage/1216/
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Rurouni Kenshin -Hokkaido Arc- JF original goods have been discontinued and will not be sold.
http://www.jumpfesta.com/info_con2.html
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Niconico is live-streaming most of the Jump Festa super stages this year (MHA, Yuragi, TG:re, NPoT, Haikyuu, BC, Saiki, Boruto, BBB).
They did this last year as well.
http://www.jumpfesta.com/stage/1216/
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Rurouni Kenshin -Hokkaido Arc- JF original goods have been discontinued and will not be sold.
http://www.jumpfesta.com/info_con2.html
http://www.jumpfesta.com/shueisha/wj/
Photo Corners:
- Black Clover
- Boruto
- Kimetsu no Yaiba & The Promised Neverland
- World's End Harem
- Karada Sagashi
"Feeling" Corner
- My Hero Academia
- Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san

Manga That Will Be Shown at the Festa Opening Stage
- One Piece
- Shokugeki
- BC
- Kimetsu
- Neverland
- Dr. Stone
- Robot x Laserbeam
- Akuma no Memumemu-chan
- Juuni Taisen
- Captain Tsubasa
- Bleach
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker


I like to see Neverland and Kimetsu together, they are the next ones in line to get anime adaptations after all, kind of cool how they have a joint panel/photo corner as well.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
:imslow What country does Captain Tsubasa take place now? Last spin off i read the 'protagonist' was in Milan. :hiStill going strong, such a classic series.

:hipAkuma no Memumemu-chan Anime Short, 2018 looks pretty HYPE now.

@BanzaiMang no more news on Hoishin Engi? The anime will air in a month :s. edit: thanks

-------------
Last question, does anyone know the ticket price for the event before navigate the website? Thanks all.
 
Last edited:

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
:imslow What country does Captain Tsubasa take place now? Last spin off i read the 'protagonist' was in Milan. :hiStill going strong, such a classic series.

:hipAkuma no Memumemu-chan Anime Short, 2018 looks pretty HYPE now.

@BanzaiMang no more news on Hoishin Engi? The anime will air in a month :s.

-------------
Last question, does anyone know the ticket price for the event before navigate the website? Thanks all.
I've been seeing some art here and there for Houshin Engi from some magazines. Maybe someone can look into the time slot the anime is airing in and what history it has with anime, how long the anime were that aired on there and things like that so we can maybe speculate how long the anime might be.
 

Avok

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2015
Messages
477
Reaction score
363
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Rurouni Kenshin -Hokkaido Arc- JF original goods have been discontinued and will not be sold.
http://www.jumpfesta.com/info_con2.html
Man FUCK Watsuki, but it hurts seeing one's favorite manga treated like this. Kenshin franchise as a whole doesn't deserve this.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
I like to see Neverland and Kimetsu together, they are the next ones in line to get anime adaptations after all
I think you're getting a little ahead of yourself here. Neverland I can see, but Kimetsu... not so much. At least not yet.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
:imslow What country does Captain Tsubasa take place now? Last spin off i read the 'protagonist' was in Milan. :hiStill going strong, such a classic series.

:hipAkuma no Memumemu-chan Anime Short, 2018 looks pretty HYPE now.

@BanzaiMang no more news on Hoishin Engi? The anime will air in a month :s.

-------------
Last question, does anyone know the ticket price for the event before navigate the website? Thanks all.
Entrance to Jump Festa is free.
Most of the promotion for Hoshin Engi is in Young Jump or anime-related mags (which I don't really look at raws for), otherwise info is pretty much the same as I said before.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
I think you're getting a little ahead of yourself here. Neverland I can see, but Kimetsu... not so much. At least not yet.
Am I? What else is there? Kimetsu is growing a lot and it only seems natural that it's next in line with Neverland looking at the other options from the magazine right now, most things are very new and the only thing left that hasn't gotten adapted yet which is a bit older is HZ, which still has chances of getting animated. WSJ are adapting things really quickly right now, Kimetsu is one of their upcoming battle shounen manga so I'm sure they want to promote it with an anime as soon as possible, like they did with BNH and BC. Kimetsu has plenty of chapters as well. Other things are too new and don't have enough chapters for an anime to be considered.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,073
Reaction score
6,931
Gender
Male
Country
United States
They could do Kimetsu...Yaiba and do it like TwinStar with a few original arcs. Could work if they want to get the anime going sooner than later.

Neverland, they could just wait and animate it later on when it has several years worth of content.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire


I like to see Neverland and Kimetsu together, they are the next ones in line to get anime adaptations after all, kind of cool how they have a joint panel/photo corner as well.
Tanjiro looks like he is pulling his sun blade from Emma's ear :smile-big

:hipAkuma no Memumemu-chan Anime Short, 2018 looks pretty HYPE now.
it will also get a smartphone game

I think you're getting a little ahead of yourself here. Neverland I can see, but Kimetsu... not so much. At least not yet.
it started in the same round as Yuuna, which already got an anime, not hard to imagining it getting an anime soon too
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Tanjiro looks like he is pulling his sun blade from Emma's ear :smile-big

it started in the same round as Yuuna, which already got an anime, not hard to imagining it getting an anime soon too
LOL, I can't unsee that now, he's doing a magic trick. And true, Yuuna is already getting an anime.
 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
I like to see Neverland and Kimetsu together, they are the next ones in line to get anime adaptations after all, kind of cool how they have a joint panel/photo corner as well
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
One day, who knows...
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
I like to see Neverland and Kimetsu together, they are the next ones in line to get anime adaptations after all, kind of cool how they have a joint panel/photo corner as well
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
One day, who knows...
I remember that I did discuss this around here earlier, but I did say that the next series from WSJ in line for anime adaptations are Kimetsu, Neverland and HZ. Maybe HZ will be a late bloomer like Saiki.
 

Mr.Fujimaster

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Messages
437
Reaction score
304
Country
Brazil
I think you're getting a little ahead of yourself here. Neverland I can see, but Kimetsu... not so much. At least not yet.
Kimetsu can already receive anime, I do not know why he has not received it yet.
Jump probably wants Kimetsu anime to be released only when the Black Clover anime ends in October.
Or maybe it's coming out in July.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
By the way, isn't Japan trying really hard to make Sumo relevant again since it's their National sport and because of the recent negative attention surrounding matchfixing? I don't think it's impossible for NHK to help fund at least a two cour season for HZ or for the Sumo organization association(if it exists) to directly help fund an anime to raise interest in the sport amongst young people, HZ is probably the best chance they'll ever have to make sumo look super cool.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Kimetsu can already receive anime, I do not know why he has not received it yet.
Jump probably wants Kimetsu anime to be released only when the Black Clover anime ends in October.
Or maybe it's coming out in July.
Too early. I feel like it will come in 2019, we'll get the announcement at the next Jump festa and the same might happen to Neverland. The earliest I see it getting an anime is in fall 2018 and the same applies to Neverland.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top