Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
Speaking of WNL and Yuuna, the chapter is up on Jaimini with the collab bonus chapter (a couple of pages), but no collab color page yet.

Edit: nevermind, it was on the /a/ thread.
Absolutely loving this. The authors even paired up the girls with who would basically be their counterpart in the other series. Fantastic collaboration! Helps soothe my heart and eyes after viewing that other recent Yuuna crossover....
 

ruggia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
877
Reaction score
1,080
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
Interesting... Logres MMORPG is still doing an event with Rurouni Kenshin on Dec. 6th.

 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
I want Yaiba to get it's anime in early 2019. It'll have enough volumes to earn a lot of backlog sales too. :super

JoJo for sure. If you seen the recent OVA, DP got the part 7/8 style look going for that. Part 4 had it's distinct style to it and obviously part 1-3 did as well
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Why would they use Murata's OPM look in the first place, he doesn't do Mob, it's just ONE. You mean a modern look? Anyway I agree with you but Mob's anime didn't have that much of a impact on it's sales even though it was adapted well.
Yeah, I guess I meant a modern look. Kaiji, Prison school also have some pretty unique styles and they were manga adaptations. There are other things I can think of but they're original anime so they don't count as much since those are typically made with designs that work well in animation.

Early 2019 sounds good for a KnY anime.
 

OfficialHxH

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2017
Messages
1,043
Reaction score
1,909
Country
United States
So apparently One Punch Man got 14 million in Volume Sales
 
Last edited:

Shokkii

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 11, 2017
Messages
30
Reaction score
42
Country
Germany
Did anyone already talked about the new BHNA game for PS4 and Switch?
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Kimetsu's 2 million in print also includes digital copies.
This is going to be a new frustrating trend, but there's no escaping it.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,072
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Did anyone already talked about the new BHNA game for PS4 and Switch?
Looks like a 3rd rate game from a 3rd rate developer whose previous battle action arena pc game was pretty bad and dull (rise of the incarnates). Ill continue to fervently pray that a 2019 NUNS reskinned as HeroAca game is made. Please CC2.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Yeah, I'm not really that excited about MHA One's Justice anymore now that I know the developer. I like the 3D models of Izuku and Shigaraki at least. And I'm still happy that it's getting a console game.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
I'm not much of a video game person, I want to get more into them eventually, but they aren't a top priority. Are there even any legit good manga based video games, I guess for WSJ to stay on topic. I get the feeling like the majority of manga based games are pretty shitty from what I've seen.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,072
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm not much of a video game person, I want to get more into them eventually, but they aren't a top priority. Are there even any legit good manga based video games, I guess for WSJ to stay on topic. I get the feeling like the majority of manga based games are pretty shitty from what I've seen.
My favorite are naruto ultimate ninja storm (NUNS) and shippuden ultimate ninja storm. They adapt the major moments of the series so well. Got platinum in them on ps3 in several and replaying them all again on ps4 now.

I liked the BLeach ps3 game though it was yet another of the countless dynasty warriors Anime Game clones of defeating countless mobs in a locked room then move to another room to fight mobs game.

Naruto clash of ninja revolution franchise was great too.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
I'm not much of a video game person, I want to get more into them eventually, but they aren't a top priority. Are there even any legit good manga based video games, I guess for WSJ to stay on topic. I get the feeling like the majority of manga based games are pretty shitty from what I've seen.
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm series is incredible and everything that anyone would want out of an anime game. Honestly can't say I've played any others even close to it, though there might be some good DB games (Heard a lot about Budokai)? Most are just incredibly average and gimmicky. One Piece Pirate Warriors and J Stars are others I've played that are acceptable, but can't say I'd recommend them.

Edit: Oh, Jojo's All Star Battle is nice, though the story mode is shit. Gameplay is still really solid for what it is though.
 
Last edited:

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
My favorite are naruto ultimate ninja storm (NUNS) and shippuden ultimate ninja storm. They adapt the major moments of the series so well.

I liked the BLeach ps3 game though it was yet another of the countless dynasty warriors Anime Game clones of defeating countless mobs in a locked room then move to another room to fight mobs game.

Naruto clash of ninja revolution franchise was great too.
Well I guess they would eventually make a proper game for Naruto since it's so popular outside of Japan as well.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm series is incredible and everything that anyone would want out of an anime game. Honestly can't say I've played any others even close to it, though there might be some good DB games (Heard a lot about Budokai)? Most are just incredibly average and gimmicky.
OK, so we have a winner. Looks like Naruto got the good games.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm not much of a video game person, I want to get more into them eventually, but they aren't a top priority. Are there even any legit good manga based video games, I guess for WSJ to stay on topic. I get the feeling like the majority of manga based games are pretty shitty from what I've seen.
Depends on what you mean by "good" there's plenty of fun games that are stopped short of being good due to broken/repetitive mechanics but the actual good games are more so rare. Bleach Dark Souls is without a doubt the best game based on a WSJ property (until Dragon Ball Fighterz comes out) especially if you're a fan of old school classic 2D Fighters courtesy of developer Treasure. The Naruto Ultimate Ninja series are the best Naruto games from a visual and gameplay statndpoint (The Storm games are visual spectacles but the gameplay became more and more repetitive with every new installment and the mechanics that were introduced made them less fun in comparison) and are solid games in themselves with the 3rd installment being the best, they're essential 2.5 fighters with simple mechanics but they blend seamless well enough that make them work on a meta standpoint. Grand Battle 3/Rush are the best One Piece games and are also solid titles in their own right if you're familiar with the Dreamcast classic title Power Stone this is essentially the same thing minus the power up mechanic and more focused on stringing combos and specials there was a recent spiritual successor to the series with Super Grand Battle X that came out on the 3DS a few years back which was decent in comparison to the recent string of games we've gotten for it,
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Depends on what you mean by "good" there's plenty of fun games that are stopped short of being good due to broken/repetitive mechanics but the actual good games are more so rare. Bleach Dark Souls is without a doubt the best game based on a WSJ property (until Dragon Ball Fighterz comes out) especially if you're a fan of old school classic 2D Fighters courtesy of developer Treasure. The Naruto Ultimate Ninja series are the best Naruto games from a visual and gameplay statndpoint (The Storm games are visual spectacles but the gameplay became more and more repetitive with every new installment and the mechanics that were introduced made them less fun in comparison) and are solid games in themselves with the 3rd installment being the best, they're essential 2.5 fighters with simple mechanics but they blend seamless well enough that make them work on a meta standpoint. Grand Battle 3/Rush are the best One Piece games and are also solid titles in their own right if you're familiar with the Dreamcast classic title Power Stone this is essentially the same thing minus the power up mechanic and more focused on stringing combos and specials there was a recent spiritual successor to the series with Super Grand Battle X that came out on the 3DS a few years back which was decent in comparison to the recent string of games we've gotten for it,
Thanks, this ended up being an informative experience.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Finally done catching up, literally went through like 20 pages. After assessing all the comments on promotion and boosts and stuff I gotta admit something: I'm legitimately starting to think Neverland is overrated and while KnY, a series I never would of heard of without this thread, might be underrated. Iceemperor's post really convinced me on this, shit just made too much sense.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Finally done catching up, literally went through like 20 pages. After assessing all the comments on promotion and boosts and stuff I gotta admit something: I'm legitimately starting to think Neverland is overrated and while KnY, a series I never would of heard of without this thread, might be underrated. Iceemperor's post really convinced me on this, shit just made too much sense.
Neverland falls into the same category of "mystery box" media that are all the range nowadays where people are more interested in the setting than the actual characterization and writing which eludes people into believing they're reading something that's more profound that what it actually is. This does not make it bad mind you but yeah its praise moreso centered around people who don't like Shounen Jump manga. KnY is definitely underrated and I feel that with an anime the series will still not get the mass appeal it deserves mainly because its a shounen series that follows the shounen formula its like how it doesn't matter how much people will praise MHA some people will just not like it because its unapologetically a shounen manga with no sort of deconstruction or anything and Kimetsu is exactly like it hence why it reminds me so much of classic gekiga manga from the 60's and 70's which may not appeal to modern audiences.
 

OfficialHxH

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2017
Messages
1,043
Reaction score
1,909
Country
United States
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top