I‘ve been told that several people are planning to host games, so to avoid any problems like people cutting into each other‘s game signups and other things we may need a schedule of games.
For anyone who plans to host a game, you can either write in this thread for what month/day you‘re planning a game or edit it in the schedule yourself if you can.
Note that there‘s no limit to how many games can be had per month, but try not to have 2 games running at the same time.
Sign-ups!
To everyone who usually plays MG or those that don‘t want to miss signups, we‘re testing a new way to alert everyone to a new game instead of mass tags before each game.
All you have to do is go to>>this thread<<and press Watch on the top corner of the thread. I or a host will post there and notify everyone like this whenever a new game starts.
While hosting overall isn't necessarily hard, it's very easy to mess things up as we have seen plenty of times already. This naturally happens more often with newer hosts.
In order to get these new hosts familiar with how the game works behind the scenes and make it a smoother experience for everyone (no one wants a cancelled game!), we are establishing these sets of rules that follow the methods that have been used in the last 50 games:
-If it's your first time hosting, it's MANDATORY to have the help of someone that has hosted before. As long as they aren't banned, it doesn't matter if this person hosted twenty times or just once. This experienced host will be the "Main Host", while the new one assumes the role of "co-host".
-Tasks will be split in a rather equal manner so that the Main Host can keep things in check while the Co-host gets hands-on experience to learn properly.
-The Main Host has the final say when it comes to decisions (ideally, this won't need to be enforced heavily, it's mostly to avoid possible issues).
Once the game is over, the co-host can host on their own and even take the role of "experienced host" for a new host in need!
I have no problem with that amount of people into the game but the date.....
Sorry guys, but I will not play this time.
If I decide to join, I'll be wayyyyy less active than in the last game (and that says a lot xD) and I needed a long break after all the things that will happening in the upcoming weeks. It'll be a pain.
I won't abandon this game entirely though. I'll watch you guys play from the sidelines and take a note or two of how to be a good player. I notice how I didn't play seriously in the last game and that's why I got suspected easily. So I have to see how one can be a good player from a perspective of each players.
25 sure things and 6 pending? And that’s just so far.. Yeaaaah, sorry minna but despite everything this game has going for it, I’ll hate myself later if I don’t sign off now. (Even though part of me just tells me “fuck it, play anyway”.)
Oh come on, that‘s just disappointing now Several people that aren‘t pending also drop out during the PM confirmation thing, happens every time. So there will be less players. Not to mention most people post little, so they don‘t add more posts to read.
I‘d recommend you to stay undecided til the PM confirmations, and then confirm near the end of the time after Spirit tells you how many are in.
It‘d be a shame to miss a christmas game even if you‘ll be less active. But up to you
Eh frankly counting votes isn‘t that important that you‘d need a cohost for just that. It‘s more about having someone help you setup the game and roles, answer PMs, help prevent mistakes etc. We had games when the players did the votecount ourselves while the host was busy.
Oh come on, that‘s just disappointing now Several people that aren‘t pending also drop out during the PM confirmation thing, happens every time. So there will be less players. Not to mention most people post little, so they don‘t add more posts to read.
I‘d recommend you to stay undecided til the PM confirmations, and then confirm near the end of the time after Spirit tells you how many are in.
It‘d be a shame to miss a christmas game even if you‘ll be less active. But up to you
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Eh frankly counting votes isn‘t that important that you‘d need a cohost for just that. It‘s more about having someone help you setup the game and roles, answer PMs, help prevent mistakes etc. We had games when the players did the votecount ourselves while the host was busy.
Not quite certain what you mean. My words to Orgz were about how he seems to have the time to play, but not enough time to play a lot, and telling him it's not necessary to put in so much time as he thinks. Unless I understood him wrong.
Not quite certain what you mean. My words to Orgz were about how he seems to have the time to play, but not enough time to play a lot, and telling him it's not necessary to put in so much time as he thinks. Unless I understood him wrong.
Eh frankly counting votes isn‘t that important that you‘d need a cohost for just that. It‘s more about having someone help you setup the game and roles, answer PMs, help prevent mistakes etc. We had games when the players did the votecount ourselves while the host was busy.
In your game you first did the signups, and then when they were done and you had a player list you announced the theme, while here the theme was announced along with the signups.
Usually I announce the theme very early, then make a setup for an estimated number of players and then I change stuff depending on how different the number is than expected. So yeah I kinda have a setup ready when I announce the theme, but it still gets changed a lot.
In your game you first did the signups, and then when they were done and you had a player list you announced the theme, while here the theme was announced along with the signups.
Usually I announce the theme very early, then make a setup for an estimated number of players and then I change stuff depending on how different the number is than expected. So yeah I kinda have a setup ready when I announce the theme, but it still gets changed a lot.
Oh, only now I saw that Lambu and Bia will co-host now, dunno if that makes me sad or excited XD On one hand, I wanna see what they'll help Wyis to come up with, but on the other one, I'll miss playing with them ç.ç
Oh, only now I saw that Lambu and Bia will co-host now, dunno if that makes me sad or excited XD On one hand, I wanna see what they'll help Wyis to come up with, but on the other one, I'll miss playing with them ç.ç
Yeah, its a shame I wont play this one with so much people... but Im also excited with the idea of hosting a game, I would like to learn how it is so in the future I can host one aswell.
Besides, this way I might break my curse, another game as mafia would be a no return to the light for me