Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,075
Reaction score
6,933
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah, ignore Nisekoi, Haikyu, Kuroko, Saiki and BNHA conveniently, seasonal is the way to go, no padding out and no dumb filler, these are all recent WSJ series. And Food wars's anime is better off than Black Clover's and whatever Toei and Pierrot made regarding WSJ in recent years for the most part, at least Food Wars isn't a filler fiesta.
But food wars is a boring adaptation, Nisekoi had problematic distractions and as you see unlike Kuroko it was never optioned for an additional season so there was clearly some aspect of Nisekoi that didnt deliver to the financers suggesting the seasonal is not the way to go. Saiki probably wont get an s3, wasnt the manga writer already shocked that it even got an anime in the first place and a game too. HeroAca seems doubtful it will get an s4 anytime soon. Haikyuu s4 seems to still be in the vaporware stage.

If seasonal is the future, why isnt Boruto a season anime?
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker

Luca11

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2017
Messages
100
Reaction score
51
Age
33
Country
Wake Island
On a lighter note regarding the topic of anime adaptation and manga boost, why do many people (more specifically many Japanese) like to spoil their anime watching by rushing out to buy manga volumes while the anime is being aired? I know one episode per week is too slow too few, but if I get into a series via its anime first, I personally would prefer to enjoy my anime spoiler-free.

Would you wait for the anime to finish before picking up the manga to avoid later episiodes' spoilers?
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
On a lighter note regarding the topic of anime adaptation and manga boost, why do many people (more specifically many Japanese) like to spoil their anime watching by rushing out to buy manga volumes while the anime is being aired? I know one episode per week is too slow too few, but if I get into a series via its anime first, I personally would prefer to enjoy my anime spoiler-free.

Would you wait for the anime to finish before picking up the manga to avoid later episiodes' spoilers?
Really depends on the series, what mood I'm in and things like that. I don't really have one particular way of approaching things.
 

OfficialHxH

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2017
Messages
1,043
Reaction score
1,909
Country
United States
Not having jump this week is killing me
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Don’t worry about it, Dark Continent arc will back on tap, we’ll get Jump Festa stuff leaked this weekend, plus the topic of anime adaptions led to fruitful debate.
 

Avok

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2015
Messages
477
Reaction score
363
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
Jump Fest stuff should make up for the slow week. Hopefully good things come out of it.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
beside Dai and Slam Dunk

Kinnikuman and Black Cat needs reboots

Rising Impact needs an adaption
I completely agree with Kinnikuman. There's so much to adapt that I'm curious why it never got picked up again. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Nisei had an anime original ending too so I don't know where they'll go (adapt from the start sounds ridiculous but it could introduce the series to the younger generation).

I would love if Kinnikuman was done in a retro style too, similar to this CM

Toei also did OP/ED pachinko remakes recently so I hope they go back to Kinnikuman one day. That's one of the few Toei titles I would look forward to.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,552
Reaction score
11,290
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Nah Kinnikuman doesn't need a reboot
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Shuiesha would makes some money if they print those out every year and sell as posters.

Or at least make a digital poster so people could print them out if they want to.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
I didn't know this was a thing, and don't know why it is
Some SW#1 cosplay for ya
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Surprised to see Ruroni Kenshin still on the poster.

Looking forward to all the Jump Festa stuff. MHA's event is the first one so I'll probably stay up late tonight to see any PVs that will be shown for it.
 
Last edited:

TM2

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2017
Messages
155
Reaction score
95
Age
34
Country
Hong Kong


Jump Festa 2017 just for comparison's sake.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
I didn't know this was a thing, and don't know why it is
Jump SuperPush... And it has what you would expect there, the new upcoming manga from the magazine. (and of course Black Clover) :thinking:

 

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
Jump SuperPush... And it has what you would expect there, the new upcoming manga from the magazine. (and of course Black Clover) :thinking:

With this SuperPush Shueisha admits that SW#1 isn't even worth pushing.
 

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
It leads to the same Super Push site as the link under it.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
I checked the QR code myself with an online website, it leads to the website, so nothing new to see there.

Here's the main picture from the website

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
So looking at the Google Translated page, you need to solve a little puzzle and you'll get a wallpaper for it. You need to find some keywords after reading the first chapter for each series?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top