Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 832 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

OfficialHxH

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Was there anything of interest in the Robot X LASERBEAM or Promised Neverland panels?
This is all ive seen of anything The Promised Neverland

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yuuna in the PV took like 3 seconds to turn around and another 3 to move her mouth...

TyVip

Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
Relax, have faith in XEBEC (Keijo doesn't count). They will do something great.

Already couple Figures already, i'm always assume no merch until anime is in the middle of airing or finish airing, they expect a lots from this.

Tanzo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Relax, have faith in XEBEC (Keijo doesn't count). They will do something great.
If they screw up the "one punch" scene...

Reigen

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Yup, they are 100% skipping a bunch of arcs. Still going to watch it ofc to see what did they skip OR not skipping anything.
Maybe they won't adapt all the manga and will make another season if the anime succeed?

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Soul Catcher’s music was glorious. Designs were alright but some cool ones in there. Will definitely be checking this one out.

Tamil

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Not sure what I should be more disappointed at, Shokugeki getting another season/split cour or Yuragi's PV.

Avok

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Hoshin Engi has 23 volumes, and the anime is going to be 23 episodes... They'll cut so much for sure.

Still going to watch it though.

Tanzo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yuragi vol. 9 cover

Leoat12

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
It's about time to give up saying that Shokugeki no Soma is dying. Not going anywhere. :P

Caiops

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
It's about time to give up saying that Shokugeki no Soma is dying. Not going anywhere. :P
It was just a split cour season, it doesn't mean what you are thinking about.

Tanzo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yuragi vol. 9 cover
Wait a sec...did they seriously move the date of the 10th volume back another month???
March Volumes (3/2/18)
ONE PIECE 88
Black Clover 15
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba 10
Gintama 72
Cross Account 3 + 4 (cancelled)
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san 10
ROBOT × LASERBEAM 4
Hinomaru Zumou 19
Dragon Ball Super 5
Wow, they actually did, again. Fuck.

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
The Yuuna PV is definitely disappointing with the character designs and animation.
At least the backgrounds look fine and the VAs and music sound really good.
Well I'm going to remain optimistic. There's still time for them to freshen things up design and animation-wise to make things more fluid. I absolutely adore Yuuna, so I really want to hope everything about the adaptation will be good.

iceemperor

Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
I know the designs are taken straight from the manga which had "anime like" designs to begin with, but looking at them like this; it really doesn't stand out from the average battle harem anime. The music sounds great and Yuuna's voice is unexpectedly deep but the designs just seem incredibly bland. The color design is also really bland. If I didn't know better, I'd think this was another Light Novel based harem series.

Tanzo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well I'm going to remain optimistic. There's still time for them to freshen things up design and animation-wise to make things more fluid. I absolutely adore Yuuna, so I really want to hope everything about the adaptation will be good.
I'll still definitely look forward to it, the stage was really fun to watch with the VAs seeming very comfortable with each other and this staff is at least, from what I've heard good at comedy so that's good.
The key visual looks bad, but the PV captured Yuuna's softness well. Hopefully it'll at the very least be an enjoyable adaptation.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
You can watch the Yuuna and MHA stages here

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'll still definitely look forward to it, the stage was really fun to watch with the VAs seeming very comfortable with each other and this staff is at least, from what I've heard good at comedy so that's good.
The key visual looks bad, but the PV captured Yuuna's softness well. Hopefully it'll at the very least be an enjoyable adaptation.
They may have just gone a bit overboard trying to play up Yuuna's soft personality/being a ghost, which made the PV animation really slow. Hopefully they'll release another PV closer to the release date that showcases a bit of the faster-paced, ecchi hijinks to ensure that more people will watch.

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
MEH, of course they gave Yuuna to XEBEC, I'll set my expectations to zero now, since I know they won't really do a good job on the adaptation. Character designs are pretty MEH-tier and the PV wasn't that impressive. I might not even bother watching it. The backgrounds weren't terrible, but they weren't great either, a shame, I would've liked to see Yuuna done beautifully by a more competent studio.

Regarding Hoshin Engi, it could be like Ushio to Tora and it will get another cour later. If it is only 23 episodes and they cut a lot of stuff out, then MEH yet again, probably won't even bother watching.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Any HxH news ?

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
Is it just me or do the character designs look off? I mean, since it's probably being done by present day Pierrot, I shouldn't be surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.