Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
YYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Never thought this day would actually come. Inb4 1 million seller and crushes MHA, HQ and Neverland. :teehee

Ahhh, I'm just so happy right now :).
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
YYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Never thought this day would actually come. Inb4 1 million seller and crushes MHA, HQ and Neverland. :teehee

Ahhh, I'm just so happy right now :).
Our patience paid off! So does this make this one of the latest anime announcements for a manga compared to when it started, in WSJ? I remember Saiki got an anime announcement when it had over 100 chapters.

Edit: What I mean is, is this HZ announcement one of the anime announcements for WSJ that took the longest?
 

OfficialHxH

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2017
Messages
1,043
Reaction score
1,909
Country
United States
So far my prediction is true.
We have Yuragi and Hinamarou for 2018 anime. For Jump Festa 2019 i believe we will get the announcement for The Promised Neverland anime.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
So far my prediction is true.
We have Yuragi and Hinamarou for 2018 anime. For Jump Festa 2019 i believe we will get the announcement for The Promised Neverland anime.
Either that or earlier and Kimetsu also has high chances of getting a Jump Festa anime announcement, but we'll see.

By the way, RIP Golem Hearts.
 

DyanSon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
367
Reaction score
134
Age
29
Country
Philippines
Congrats HZ you deserve it.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Our patience paid off! So does this make this one of the latest anime announcements for a manga compared to when it started, in WSJ? I remember Saiki got an anime announcement when it had over 100 chapters.

Edit: What I mean is, is this HZ announcement one of the anime announcements for WSJ that took the longest?
I think Saiki was a bit longer, it was almost at chapter 200 iirc. Series started May 2012, and announcement was April 2016 or something.

There have definitely been longer ones. Kochikame got one for its 20th anniversary, though it did have an OVA of sorts 10 years before that.
 

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
Maybe with the anime Viz can finally pick up HZ in 2018 and release it's volumes in the west.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
I think Saiki was a bit longer, it was almost at chapter 200 atm iirc. Series started May 2012, and announcement was April 2016 or something.

There have definitely been longer ones. Kochikame got one for its 20th anniversary, though it did have an OVA of sorts 10 years before that.
Oh, OK.

Maybe with the anime Viz can finally pick up HZ in 2018 and release it's volumes in the west.
Not going to happen unless it gets the Haikyuu/Kuroko treatment and the anime explodes in popularity.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Ideally who you would want to be in charge of the anime? I feel like we would all agree that Production I.G doing a two cour anime adaptation and possibly more in the future would be the best choice.

Then Madhouse would probably be a good pick despite them being a shell of their former selves. But, they did do the rugby All Out anime recently with TMS Entertainment and they seem to have handled it decently enough, you know, that also had buff guys wrestling it out in dirt xD. TMS Entertainment would probably also work out.

Ideally, the miracle scenario would be for the anime to air in Fall 2018, after My Hero Academia season 3 finishes airing if it has two cours again. That TV block would be fantastic for HZ and the anime would run for two cours until April 2019, after Production I.G finishes the first season xD.

But, in reality I feel like we're going to get Toei, because they did do a reboot of one of their classic anime series in 2014, which was an adaptation of a very old sumo manga and I think Toei are really the only studio that really made any sumo anime in general.

If we get lucky, the show will get a pretty good staff like the Tiger Mask W got, I heard the reboot was quite awesome and had a lot of great highlights.
I mean, this usually isn't something I'd consider a benefit, but it would probably get a 48-50 episode run to the minimum and that would probably be enough to cover the first part of the manga more or less, since there is a lot of material to work with, but it depends when the planning for the anime started... I'm not fully caught up with the manga, so if you think the first part of the manga can be covered in less episodes, you can give your opinion, I'm not sure how the manga's pacing would translate into an anime.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Is it a tv anime?
 

ElJin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
334
Reaction score
241
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
SharkBait made the right question. We're all excited (including myself, I love and read Hinomaru since the start), but we need to contain ourselves, it may not be a TV Anime.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Can the toc be trusted? I see no colour pages or next issue news.
 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
The latest TPN covers and CP were very meh. What's going on, Posuka?

HINOMANIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
SharkBait made the right question. We're all excited (including myself, I love and read Hinomaru since the start), but we need to contain ourselves, it may not be a TV Anime.
Speaking of Jump Festa, if it really just was an OVA, they truly would've only announced that there, don't you think? It wouldn't make sense for it to be a movie. It has enough material to work with, Saiki also took a long time to get an anime and it was a TV series, same for Ass Class. Sure, both Saiki and Ass Class were more successful than HZ, but HZ is still a series from WSJ like those two. OK, let's say it is only an OVA, from what I remember, every WSJ series that got an OVA adaptation first did eventually get a TV anime.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
The latest TPN covers and CP were very meh. What's going on, Posuka?

HINOMANIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What are you talking about, the cover and last color page looked great? What do you want specifically? xD
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
OH MY GOD FINALLY.
I was beginning to have no more hope to see the anime announcement happen.
Glad I was wrong.
Please, be Production I.G.
Well, a lot of people were saying the manga would end for quite some time and look how wrong they were! xD
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top