That's not true, actually. There have been some anime that have made some genuinely good filler arcs that rival even the story of the original manga. Naruto had some pretty entertaining filler at the start and DBZ had one of the greatest filler episodes I've watched in any anime to date. Watching Goku and Piccolo learn how to drive and eventually turn their driving lesson into no-holds-barred drag race was hilarious. And don't get me started on the G-8 arc in One Piece. I mean sure most filler is bad and low effort padding, but some can actually be good. Also, I actually happened to like the Tsuyu filler episode(and no, not because I happen to like Tsuyu as a character). However inconsequential the episode was to the overall series, I thought it gave a little spark to her future motivation(or personal conflict, depending on how you see it) as hero going forward. Or, at least, that was my perception of the episode. Might have just be me reading too much into it.
I think there was a miscommunication between us I wasn't saying that filler was bad, I don't really care for it one way or another so long as I'm entertained I'm fine with it, I was using an analogy that I've seen tossed around in different circles regarding the subject.
The anime is pretty bad so far, yeah. Bad content and bad adaptation, but what can you do. They're short on staff.
Director said more people would join around this time and now the pacing seems to be picking up.
With how long it's going to air and with future arcs I'm confident it'll keep boosting the manga.
I think there was a miscommunication between us I wasn't saying that filler was bad, I don't really care for it one way or another so long as I'm entertained I'm fine with it, I was using an analogy that I've seen tossed around in different circles regarding the subject.
I initially thought as much. I read your comment multiple times, trying to understand what it was you were intending to get across and concluded you were saying all filler is bad. My mistake. Sorry about that.
The pacing isn't picking up, though. They're still adapting one chapter per episode. That goes against what makes Black Clover potentially readable in the first place: the fact that it's fast. By now, the anime should have been starting the capital attack arc; instead, they just introduced Mars. That's just poor storytelling. There isn't enough content in Black Clover chapters for them to be stretched to full 24 minutes.
The pacing isn't picking up, though. They're still adapting one chapter per episode. That goes against what makes Black Clover potentially readable in the first place: the fact that it's fast. By now, the anime should have been starting the capital attack arc; instead, they just introduced Mars. That's just poor storytelling. There isn't enough content in Black Clover chapters for them to be stretched to full 24 minutes.
No the pacing for the most recent episode (15) adapted chapters 12 and 13: The Diamond Mage. And episode 16 will be adapting chapters 14, 15, and 16 the name being Comrade. The arc will wrap up on episode 18 with Memories of you which is chapter 19 title.
No the pacing for the most recent episode (15) adapted chapters 12 and 13: The Diamond Mage. And episode 16 will be adapting chapters 14, 15, and 16 the name being Comrade. The arc will wrap up on episode 18 with Memories of you which is chapter 19 title.
From my understanding the where missing nearly half of their staff up until recently, I've heard talk they where working on Fate/apocrypha not sure how true that is but I've seen it brought up more then once so take it or leave it, which given the circumstances its good that it wasn't worse.
I honestly think Black Clover could have been a solid Jump anime, that’s better than the source material, if it was seasonal(25 Episodes), and adapted 3 chapters per episode from the start
I for one, actually really like how Black clover has been handling filler. its been quite enjoyable to watch. The problem for me is that its way too much too early. Theres no need for 1 chapter per episode pacing, especially from episode 1. They could do 2 and still fit in some filler. I cant believe theyve gotten nowhere after 15 episodes... Imo they shouldve rushed the first two arcs out to get people hooked, and then took their time expanding on stuff. Even then, during serious arcs theres really no need for filler either. Some adaptations wouldve covered this many chapters in 3-4 episodes and been better off for it.
Tldr: Pierrot have great ideas for BC filler (which is rare), but they’re going overboard like they always do.
I honestly think Black Clover could have been a solid Jump anime, that’s better than the source material, if it was seasonal(25 Episodes), and adapted 3 chapters per episode from the start
Why loyally adapt the manga and give it a good adaptation that respects the source material like they did with Haiyku, BNHA, Ass Class, Saiki, HxH 2011, etc.
I ask you a question, but since when do you respect the original source is a sign of quality for the anime?
An anime does not need to be of the highest quality, but it is essentially a product to make the manga known.
Even the anime of naruto in the first few episodes was full of fillers and additions as much as that of Black Clover, but it has contributed a lot to make known the manga no?
Why loyally adapt the manga and give it a good adaptation that respects the source material like they did with Haiyku, BNHA, Ass Class, Saiki, HxH 2011, etc.
Funny you listed HxH 2011 there because the first episode doesn't even adapt the first chapter. It skips the introduction of a crucial character there.
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood first 2 episodes were entirely filler. Surprisingly, not a lot of people had a problem with that and still recommend it over FMA 03.
Manga Stream and Jaimini Box are the Manga Editors that own websites. If what you want is not there, try searching on reddit.
Sorry for the bland answer, things got complicated after the batoto stuff. =/
Funny you listed HxH 2011 there because the first episode doesn't even adapt the first chapter. It skips the introduction of a crucial character there.
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood first 2 episodes were entirely filler. Surprisingly, not a lot of people had a problem with that and still recommend it over FMA 03.
Yeah, but both of the series you mentioned are overall very loyal adaptations that do respect the manga(the source material), as it should be and if they make any small changes, they're done in the right places and not in abundance. Gintama also started off with 2 episodes of filler, I think, but the overall adaptation is phenomenal, that seems to be the consensus.
I'd elaborate more, get into more ideas and thoughts, but I don't want to get into another 10 page debate/discussion thingy again, so I'm out of this one. xD
Skipping the introduction of a crucial character (I'm talking about Kite) that plays a huge role for the MC's motivation in the story is not respecting the source material. Imagine if One Piece anime skipped all of Shanks scenes in the beginning of the show. That's how bad HxH 2011 started but people still recommend it over the superior 1999 version which adapted the manga perfectly.
I recommend searching on google for the manga's name and add baka in the search as well.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Yeah, but both of the series you mentioned are overall very loyal adaptations that do respect the manga(the source material), as it should be and if they make any small changes,
For what it's worth, the 15th episode of BC was the best one. It makes the first 14 seem extremely subpar. The 2nd OP/ED is good, the plot actually felt like it was moving into a positive direction, had good drama while the enemy character had a good introduction. I'll vote for it in Anime League this week. Next topic please.
There's been an update to our forum rules to broaden crediting/sourcing to all series news/announcement, etc. Please read HERE
To manage thread loading speeds and general user experience, we'd apppreciate if volume covers could be wrapped in spoiler threads, going forward. If you have any questions, reach out to a staff member. Thanks for your cooperation.
We use cookies
Essential cookies keep the site working. Analytics cookies help us improve.