I forgot who said this, but I kinda wanna continue the debate that strength isn't what makes one pirate king. The story has made that clear, but it's also made it clear strength would be important due to powerful enemies that will stand in the way.
We know Roger and Whitebeard had Oden on their ship. However Roger knew how to read poneglyphs himself so we can assume he didn't need Oden for that, so Oden's benefit to him is unknown.He still recruited and both were interested. Likely so was Whitebeard, lol.
Well, Sherlock approves of stating the obvious.
And only 4 are needed to head to Raftel. Road Poneglyphs.
We don't know if he had any, you're assuming.
Wrong again.
Kaido never said he was interested in being Pirate King, and neither did Big Mom for a time, but it's obvious and implied the Yonko are in it for the Poneglyphs.
Kaido tried to extrapolte the information for Raftel by interrogating Oden because he knows the secret. Kaido is literally saying if he can't get to Wano or acquire all Road Poneglyphs, he'll just get it from someone who has been there. It's implied, reading between the lines as it were.
And it doesn't contradict it, that's a fallacy, lol. Wanting a family doesn't impede on wanting to become Pirate King.
Lol, what contradictions?
The wanting of candy stops one from becoming Pirate King, good joke mate.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I think strength and finding Raftel are part and parcel but the latter is probably more important since Whitebeard wasn't considered Pirate King even though he was the strongest after Roger died.I forgot who said this, but I kinda wanna continue the debate that strength isn't what makes one pirate king. The story has made that clear, but it's also made it clear strength would be important due to powerful enemies that will stand in the way.
Oden was interested in the Poneglyph nevertheless, and Roger acquiring Oden stops others from competing.We know Roger and Whitebeard had Oden on their ship. However Roger knew how to read poneglyphs himself so we can assume he didn't need Oden for that, so Oden's benefit to him is unknown.
Well, only the Road Poneglyphs are absolute require to get to Raftel. The Road Poneglyphs lead to the 9 Poneglyphs which reveal the history of the world.Apparently 9 poneglyphs have crucial information relating to Raftel but I'm fine only counting the 4 road ones.
You can acquire a translator in advance before acquiring a Poneglyph. Whitebeard may have needed Oden, but it doesn't require having a Poneglyph initially to still need Oden. Acquiring Oden with or without a Poneglyph still puts him in a good position.Whitebeard had since he apparently used Oden to read them. You were also the one that said whitebeard needed Oden to translate poneglyphs and now you're saying I'm assuming he had poneglyphs.
Eh? That's not a contradiction. Oden was on their ships because he had interest in Poneglyhs. These were people looking to get to Raftel.But I'll go with that, if Whitebeard didn't have any poneglyphs then we don't know why Oden was on his ship and how it relates to him wanting to find Raftel. Just an example of your contradiction and how you argue yourself in circles to the point you almost debate yourself.
So, you're saying that the fact Yonko still Poneglyph from each other is not proof enough that they're trying to be Pirate King?Oda made it a point to have Big Mom say she wanted to be pirate king. Kaidou will also have his own opportunity
I don't know if time is a concept you understand. He did things consistent with the goal until Roger became King and he then lost interest.Not wanting to find Raftel contradicts a want to be pirate king but again nice strawman.
Oden's benefit to Roger was to minimize competition? Right. I genuinely laughed out loud. Couldn't reach as far as this man if I tried.Oden was interested in the Poneglyph nevertheless, and Roger acquiring Oden stops others from competing.
Well, only the Road Poneglyphs are absolute require to get to Raftel. The Road Poneglyphs lead to the 9 Poneglyphs which reveal the history of the world.
You can acquire a translator in advance before acquiring a Poneglyph. Whitebeard may have needed Oden, but it doesn't require having a Poneglyph initially to still need Oden. Acquiring Oden with or without a Poneglyph still puts him in a good position.
Eh? That's not a contradiction. Oden was on their ships because he had interest in Poneglyhs. These were people looking to get to Raftel.
So, you're saying that the fact Yonko still Poneglyph from each other is not proof enough that they're trying to be Pirate King?
The fact Kaido tortured Oden to get the information from Raftel isn't proof? Well I can't say I'm surprised at this response at this point.
I don't know if time is a concept you understand. He did things consistent with the goal until Roger became King and he then lost interest.
Lol, laughing at the fact that it does achieve that when there aren't any people able to read the Poneglyphs? That's like saying 1+1=2, and finding that funny, lol.Oden's benefit to Roger was to minimize competition? Right. I genuinely laughed out loud. Couldn't reach as far as this man if I tried.
Read between the lines, lol. Actions speak as explicit as words, just have to be able to comprehend it. Not everything needs be explicitly stated unless one is incapable of reading between the lines.Anyway everything else is circular. I don't feel like dumping any more time explaining something Oda's already told us explicitly through the mouth of Whitebeard himself.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The country of Ohara were studying poneglyphs for centuries and some were actually travelling looking for them. But I've long realized you weren't too clever and argue with your fingers in your ears. Was fun for a while though.Lol, laughing at the fact that it does achieve that when there aren't any people able to read the Poneglyphs? That's like saying 1+1=2, and finding that funny, lol.
Read between the lines, lol. Actions speak as explicit as words, just have to be able to comprehend it. Not everything needs be explicitly stated unless one is incapable of reading between the lines.
Lol, and you haven't said anything clever or truthful.The country of Ohara were studying poneglyphs for centuries and some were actually travelling looking for them. But I've long realized you weren't too clever and argue with your fingers in your ears. Was fun for a while though.
Then they were studying it for decades. Point is they were studying it and there were some actively looking for it, meaning this 'laughing at the fact that it does achieve that when there aren't any people able to read the Poneglyph' is wrong. But this is just an example of how you miss points because you aren't too clever. So it's usually interesting to me whenever you try super hard. But anyway I did say I was done before and if experience talking to you has taught me anything, it's that you have to get the last word as all children must so I bow out.Lol, and you haven't said anything clever or truthful.
Also, that's a lie lol. They weren't studying it for centuries, otherwise, they'd have been wiped out centuries ago. Good one buddy.
![]()
The people of Ohara had no idea what they were looking for was related to One Piece, thus the fact Robin is surprised that Roger had interest in them.
If the people of Ohara knew it was related to One Piece, Robin would have known too because she had all the information Ohara had regarding Poneglyphs. Again, you only use fallacies and lies.
Lol, so you've gone from centuries to decades, quite the jump.Then they were studying it for decades. Point is they were studying it and they were some were actively looking for it, meaning this 'laughing at the fact that it does achieve that when there aren't any people able to read the Poneglyph' is wrong. But this is just an example of how you miss points because you aren't too clever. So it's usually interesting to me whenever you try super hard. But anyway I did say I was done before and if experience talking to you has taught me anything, it's that you're gonna get the last word as all children must so I bow out.
Ah, that's why you said:But this is just an example of how you miss points because you aren't too clever.
Buggy became a pirate with no intention on becoming pirate king.
stand corrected, though
One Piece didn't exist when Whitebeard became a pirate.
We've seen Shiki propose partnerships with both WB and Roger to conquer the world, and we know Roger found Raftel.
Whoever reaches the last island would probably need someone who could read poneglyphs to reveal the information.
A lot of fallacies and inconsistent things that don't line up with the Manga. I guess you are very intelligent for spewing things that aren't true, lol.Since Roger found Raftel, we know he was actively trying to be pirate king since it's probably not something you can stumble upon.
I'd disagree. Buggy is weak, but even he could become pirate king because of how strong his crew is, and if Buggy's sneaky enough to get to the Poneglyphs OR somehow learn where Raftel is and get there. Strength wouldn't be important if there weren't strong people standing in the way of pirates who want to get to Raftel, whereas Raftel is important as nearly every single character says or implies that to become pirate king, one must get there.I think strength and finding Raftel are part and parcel but the latter is probably more important since Whitebeard wasn't considered Pirate King even though he was the strongest after Roger died.
Didn't Robin's flashback indicate the Ohara scholars were studying Poneglyphs for decades? Or was that the Void Century? Either way, one of the scholars brought up decades, if not centuries of work being destroyed by the fire, if I recall correctly.Then they were studying it for decades. Point is they were studying it and there were some actively looking for it, meaning this 'laughing at the fact that it does achieve that when there aren't any people able to read the Poneglyph' is wrong. But this is just an example of how you miss points because you aren't too clever. So it's usually interesting to me whenever you try super hard. But anyway I did say I was done before and if experience talking to you has taught me anything, it's that you have to get the last word as all children must so I bow out.
True, Buggy gets carried by his crew pretty hard so theoretically it's possible for him to be pirate king if all the stars align in his favor. As far as we know, strength is useful but might not really be bible scripture. In the case of Luffy though, I honestly think he's gonna be the strongest to maintain the reputation of pirate king but who he fights is debatable. I think he's gonna fight Kaidou with some of the supernova and is only gonna solo BB then the WG to be pirate king.I'd disagree. Buggy is weak, but even he could become pirate king because of how strong his crew is, and if Buggy's sneaky enough to get to the Poneglyphs OR somehow learn where Raftel is and get there. Strength wouldn't be important if there weren't strong people standing in the way of pirates who want to get to Raftel, whereas Raftel is important as nearly every single character says or implies that to become pirate king, one must get there.
Again, no one challenged Usopp saying Luffy didn't need to fight Kaidou or Big Mom, he could just get a rubbing of the Poneglyphs. We don't even know if Roger fought Kaidou and Big Mom, just that he was somehow able to get close to the Poneglyphs and hear their voices. If no one stood in Luffy's way, then he wouldn't need to be strong at all to become the Pirate King, he'd just need to reach Raftel.
Didn't Robin's flashback indicate the Ohara scholars were studying Poneglyphs for decades? Or was that the Void Century? Either way, one of the scholars brought up decades, if not centuries of work being destroyed by the fire, if I recall correctly.
http://mangaseeonline.us/read-online/One-Piece-chapter-397-page-4.html
Though that's ambiguous. Haven't found anything after that, but you can start from beginning of flashback if you want, although proof likely won't make HP change his opinions.
As far as we know, strength is useful but might not really be bible scripture.
Yep, and his crew is likely formidable as even Whitebeard preferred to ally with Buggy, and the World Government made Buggy a shichibukai. It's not necessarily impossible for Buggy to become pirate king, and whether or not the world thinks he's strong (I doubt they will), they'd still consider him pirate king, as he's the captain.True, Buggy gets carried by his crew pretty hard so theoretically it's possible for him to be pirate king if all the stars align in his favor. As far as we know, strength is useful but might not really be bible scripture. In the case of Luffy though, I honestly think he's gonna be the strongest to maintain the reputation of pirate king but who he fights is debatable. I think he's gonna fight Kaidou with some of the supernova and is only gonna solo BB then the WG to be pirate king.
I haven't read the Ohara incident in a while but yeah they were likely studying it for at least decades. I wonder if any of the travelling team ever met Roger cause I think they would have definitely been of some interest to him being that they could share some of their research.