Mag Talk JUMP SQ News and Discussion (2014 - 2021)

Your opinion about the 1st episode of Platinum End?

  • Great

  • Good

  • Decent

  • Bad


Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
They're really hoping Kemono Jihen becomes bigger. If you buy volumes of Neverland, or are about to buy them, this card telling the buyer that "its too early to go to the register. I'll tell you about another interesting series, "Kemono Jihen". Look for it." This is apparently a message from Norman that Emma is passing on.

This is a really clever way of marketing. If having the main character of one of the fastest growing series in all of Japan recommending you read the series can't increase Kemono Jihen's sales, I'm not too sure what could.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
This is a really clever way of marketing. If having the main character of one of the fastest growing series in all of Japan recommending you read the series can't increase Kemono Jihen's sales, I'm not too sure what could.
Plus the series has been doing pretty decently overall. Now if only it would get translations again...
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Do they feel the need to rename the more obscure magazines every 1-2 years or something, lol. I was joking in the WSJ topic that this is where World Trigger will finally return.
 

Avok

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2015
Messages
477
Reaction score
363
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
How many times has it been by now?
 

Savi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2008
Messages
352
Reaction score
357
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
This is... really stupid thing to do, cancel for the second time the same format and do the same again with a new name, I don't buy this "exceeds the senses". I give it 2 years before it gets a new name.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
This is... really stupid thing to do, cancel for the second time the same format and do the same again with a new name, I don't buy this "exceeds the senses". I give it 2 years before it gets a new name.
What do they even expect to achieve by doing this? I don't get it.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
So BT got licensed in France. I don't know if this increases its chances of survival since France licenses like every manga since their manga industry is much bigger than the one from the US. It's also licensed in the US.




Edit: Kemono Jihen translations when? I forgot most of the plot since it's been so long, I'll have to re-read it if translations come back. Demon Tune translations when? Sigh...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I just noticed @jagman1x3 was the translator for Kemono Jihen, did you drop it? (thanks for your dedication and work, by the way)
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So BT got licensed in France. I don't know if this increases its chances of survival since France licenses like every manga since their manga industry is much bigger than the one from the US. It's also licensed in the US.




Edit: Kemono Jihen translations when? I forgot most of the plot since it's been so long, I'll have to re-read it if translations come back. Demon Tune translations when? Sigh...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I just noticed @jagman1x3 was the translator for Kemono Jihen, did you drop it? (thanks for your dedication and work, by the way)
Just haven't had motivation to do literally anything for a while, and whenever I did feel like doing stuff I had higher priorities. Also to be honest I was kind of waiting to see if it'd get canceled. It's possible I'll feel like doing it again, not sure right now.

Also France licenses everything, I've seen them pick up random two-volume series that got canceled years ago.
 

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
March issue :
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
April Issue Preview:
Cover: Blue Exorcist
Lead CP: New Series
CPs: Moriarty the Patriot, Dokyuu ****** HxEros, Kemono Jihen, Sentaku no Toki
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
地の底の魔法使い (Ji no Soko no Mahoutsukai?) by 平浜矢陸 (Hirahamya Yariku?)

author twitter
https://twitter.com/hira_hamaya
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Aimoto did a sketch for the bookstore clerks rankings, she included Dr. Stone and Moriarty references
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Looks like the new series' author did a oneshot back in 2015. I vaguely remember the title but can't remember what it was about, might reread it next time I'm back home.

Also I'm really bored today and KJ getting that award reminded me it existed soooooooo
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Looks like the new series' author did a oneshot back in 2015. I vaguely remember the title but can't remember what it was about, might reread it next time I'm back home.

Also I'm really bored today and KJ getting that award reminded me it existed soooooooo
Translations? :D
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Jump SQ. March Issue: (credit to Kaizou 10)
Dokyuu ****** H×Eros (Lead CP)
Shin Tennis no Oujisama (Cover)
Subete no Genten ni Tatsu Onna God Lady Fumiko (One Shot)

Houkago no Oujisama
Yuugai Shitei Doukyuusei
Demon Tune (CP)
Sousei no Onmyouji
Gag Manga Biyori GB
Owari no Seraph
Fushigi to Bokura wa (One Shot)
Majo no Kaiga-shuu (CP)

Kono Oto Tomare!
Ao no Exorcist
Salaryman Exorcist Okumura Yukio no Aishuu
Yuukoku no Moriarty
Sentaku no Toki
Chihaya-san wa Sonomama de Ii
I Spy (CP, One Shot)
Platinum End
Kemono Jihen
Maerchen Maedchen
Black Torch
Futaribocchi Sensou

Jump SQ. April Issue:
Cover: Ao no Exorcist
Lead CP: Chinohate no Mahoutsukai (New Series by Hirahama Yariku)
CP: Yuukoku no Moriarty, Dokyuu ****** H×Eros, Kemono Jihen, Sentaku no Toki
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
I'd say we can expect Kemono Jihen, Yuukoku no Moriarty, Platinum End anime adaptations for sure, or at least these have high chances of getting animated. It would be great if Kono Oto Tomare! got an anime, but who knows. About Black Torch, for now, it will be a good thing if it survives I guess. I'm curious about Demon Tune.
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
I'd say we can expect Kemono Jihen, Yuukoku no Moriarty, Platinum End anime adaptations for sure, or at least these have high chances of getting animated. It would be great if Kono Oto Tomare! got an anime, but who knows. About Black Torch, for now, it will be a good thing if it survives I guess. I'm curious about Demon Tune.
On what basis are you saying Kemono Jihen has a high chance for an anime? Didn't it just show up for the first time in the oricon top 50 with the last volume? That's definitely good growth and this past recommendation from bookstore employees is also noteworthy but its not enough to say a future anime adaptation can be expected. Platinum End is basically a given, though whether its worthy of that exposure is another matter, and Moriarty is also definitely growing but Kemono Jihen is still in a gray area for me.

Also what was the point of serializing Maerchen Maedchen in SQ?
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
On what basis are you saying Kemono Jihen has a high chance for an anime? Didn't it just show up for the first time in the oricon top 50 with the last volume? That's definitely good growth and this past recommendation from bookstore employees is also noteworthy but its not enough to say a future anime adaptation can be expected. Platinum End is basically a given, though whether its worthy of that exposure is another matter, and Moriarty is also definitely growing but Kemono Jihen is still in a gray area for me.

Also what was the point of serializing Maerchen Maedchen in SQ?
I feel like Kemono will grow a lot and they need something for the future, as an action exorcism series, it shows promise. They exhausted what they had left with Twin Star Exorcists.

Yeah, they should move Maerchen Maedchen online or something, it's not even good(the anime) and it's a waste of a slot. I don't know what Shueisha saw in this multimedia project...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top