The Fellowship enjoyed the sunlight after a good day. They got back the One Ring, and then focused in their second higher suspect: Galadriel
They had enough clues so they proceeded with the lynch fast.
Mafia Strongwoman
Afterwards, Haldir decided to confess his true allegiance, since he could not actually kill anyone anymore (and everyone was already losing their minds with this crazy journey)
Mafia Pirate
(Mafia Jesus)
So with this, all the Nazgul were defeated and the One Ring finally could be destroyed!
I don‘t understand your reasoning for giving them the benefit of the doubt, since in your first game you were mafia. Of course you‘d be confused as a beginner since you don‘t know whether the town role you‘re trying to fale as is active or passive. If you had the role in front of you in a PM I doubt anyone would mess up like that. Which makes me doubt them more instead.
And was that kira vote completely random? You didn‘t quite comment on it.
So, did some reading and catching up...First, typically if someone 'slips up' like Cat did, normally, I prefer said person to explain himself rather than others doing it. And even more so on D1 with a noob, where it could be the teammates trying to save or hint at the player to go a certain route..But so far, doesn't seem like cat has said anything in his(her?) defense despite being on a couple of times. Yeah I get the "I didn't know I couldn't edit part", but that's really a very minor thing. Going from investigative to inactive is a pretty major leap...but frankly, I have a hard time understanding the move no matter which angle I look at it from. Definitely was a panic thing, but I'm interested in the reasoning..anyway...Gryff and Farf did seem to defend her a bit more than I think was necessary though Farf's stand is less certain (just noting, not pointing fingers). Though tbh, it kinda feels like it was a mafia slip up from Cat, and my initial impression was that Farf was trying to prevent the obvious wagon that would follow...well she said as much that she doesn't want it but I'm not sure what to make of it tbh. Seems more likely that anyone should believe she made a clear slip up instead of willing to believe she's innocent first, so Farf's initial stand (and Gryff's too atm) seem weird to me. And her vote is clearly very reluctant too...as though she didn't cause she had to even though she didn't want to.. Just airing my views....
There's also Asako who made a mistake earlier (the typical noob unsure if active/passive), and now she clearly is simply jumping on the wagon but it is one..Getting weird vibes here too
And last is Lawl, who of course, is same as always..
Anyway, placeholder votekill Asako
Still curious to see if Cat will properly address this.
Damn... i can't look Frodo's image to put it in my avi!
Just to say... my master taught me something:
So... sorry, not so sorry.
A read a lot of post, i'm incredibly dazzled by @Farfalla cause his writing improved a lot, i don't understand shit about it, and that is the best for this game.
I only understand that i must give a hint about my character, so here it goes:
I'm not active, despite the fact that i need everybody's help to reach Mordor.
Oh, I remember the "one hint a day keeps the lynch away" philosophy that you and desin advocated last game. How odd that you both happened to be mafia
And the reason I asked you specifically is because we "veterans" have to give the good example As well as so that no one else feels justified to offer a meaningless hint and get away with it. Needless to say, people who won't have shared much as we get closer to the day's end will get pressured, don't worry.
I know what you mean, Vand, I trust you're a good townie this time. But my playstyle is the same whether I'm townie or mafia (giving vague hints on D1, give more on following days until the role reveals on D3-4), maybe that's why people think I'm mafia when I'm townie and think I'm townie when I'm mafia... 8'D
Basically Vand, what I meant was... Just be more patient.
Yeah, if it is a meaningful hit. Your hint is practically worthless and like last time feels you want to avoid making too much of a concession of a or several certain roles before talking it over with your mafia buddies who should claim/hint on what possible roles from day 2. Basically like last time when you were Mafia. Gimme a real hint and till then I vote on lynching you to see what you really are: Votekill Lady pompom
Hm... James... You're aware I'm not a newcomer in this game, right? ('cause when you talk about "discussing roles to claim", I can just think you're mistaking me for a mafia 1st timer and you just said some posts ago I was mafia many times) o.õ Just to be sure...
I'm not very sure of your hint either since I don't remember whatever treebeard said, but had some options in mind based on ents description. "Not wanting to give hints" and "not knowing what to give as a hint" are different things, you should figure that and that's why it worries me that rather than pressuring other players that didn't give many hints as well, you keep saying what I said makes no sense while my hint just excluded 3 possible roles and people gave hints that didn't say anything at all. Is it a mafia attempt to frame me? (sorry, I don't think you are, but the way you're just accusing me make it sounds you are mafia)
I think I should follow Law's example.
As for my ring, a certain condition needs to be fulfilled to activate it.
Asako and Cat seems really iffy, Cat didn't really give a clear answer about the matter (while I understand it could be a honest mistake, I still feel there's more to it), so for now, votekill Catsihde/Isildur.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
By the way, here some hints collected, tag me if I've forgotten to add something...
The way it looks like, my prime suspects after Cat would indeed be Gryff and Asuka. So he kinda failed at not looking bad.
!votekill Gryffindor
Making the ol Vandred mistake of trying to be nice and help someone else?! Despicable.
Nah, it‘s possible Cat is an important mafia role for them. I waited a long time for Cat to make an excuse, but it‘s possible he/she gave up? So instead I‘ll make a statement and call out Gryff for being a likely mafia if Cat is a mafia.
Gryff and Farf did seem to defend her a bit more than I think was necessary though Farf's stand is less certain (just noting, not pointing fingers). Though tbh, it kinda feels like it was a mafia slip up from Cat, and my initial impression was that Farf was trying to prevent the obvious wagon that would follow...well she said as much that she doesn't want it but I'm not sure what to make of it tbh.
I'm a cautious player and always was, you should know that well. I don't like risking potential detectives lives and that's something I repeated basically every single game as well. So of course I'll put more thought into it before deciding to go with someone that could fall into that category. In the end, it was basically me and Gry arguing back with Gryff, so I don't see how me and Gryff could be related.
In the end, you made a case on how she looks like mafia (and how her team could be taking a part in her lynching) and didn't vote for her, but went with a placeholder in the last hour of the phase.
Okay, Cat didn’t explain anything of worth so I’m keeping my vote on her. Agree with Gry that all her posts are too concise (which is fine in itself when there are actual still answers/questions given like Demon usually does), like she’s trying to conceal something. Especially after that major edit which she’s still dodged explaining the meaning/reason behind.
As for the role I got, I’ve had it before, don’t really know what to make of it yet. (Last game I made a list of all my previous roles but I can’t seem to find it so maybe I never posted it and now I cbb to do the back-checking again.)
(Off to make tacos but might have time to check in again before the phase ends.)
I know what you mean, Vand, I trust you're a good townie this time. But my playstyle is the same whether I'm townie or mafia (giving vague hints on D1, give more on following days until the role reveals on D3-4), maybe that's why people think I'm mafia when I'm townie and think I'm townie when I'm mafia... 8'D
Basically Vand, what I meant was... Just be more patient.
I know what you mean, Vand, I trust you're a good townie this time. But my playstyle is the same whether I'm townie or mafia (giving vague hints on D1, give more on following days until the role reveals on D3-4), maybe that's why people think I'm mafia when I'm townie and think I'm townie when I'm mafia... 8'D
Basically Vand, what I meant was... Just be more patient.
It's the fate of everyone that participates this game, on is always distrusted at some point, keep that in mind.
Hm... James... You're aware I'm not a newcomer in this game, right? ('cause when you talk about "discussing roles to claim", I can just think you're mistaking me for a mafia 1st timer and you just said some posts ago I was mafia many times) o.õ Just to be sure...
I'm not very sure of your hint either since I don't remember whatever treebeard said, but had some options in mind based on ents description. "Not wanting to give hints" and "not knowing what to give as a hint" are different things, you should figure that and that's why it worries me that rather than pressuring other players that didn't give many hints as well, you keep saying what I said makes no sense while my hint just excluded 3 possible roles and people gave hints that didn't say anything at all. Is it a mafia attempt to frame me? (sorry, I don't think you are, but the way you're just accusing me make it sounds you are mafia)
I think I should follow Law's example.
As for my ring, a certain condition needs to be fulfilled to activate it.
Asako and Cat seems really iffy, Cat didn't really give a clear answer about the matter (while I understand it could be a honest mistake, I still feel there's more to it), so for now, votekill Catsihde/Isildur.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
By the way, here some hints collected, tag me if I've forgotten to add something...
Okay, Cat didn’t explain anything of worth so I’m keeping my vote on her. Agree with Gry that all her posts are too concise (which is fine in itself when there are actual still answers/questions given like Demon usually does), like she’s trying to conceal something. Especially after that major edit which she’s still dodged explaining the meaning/reason behind.
As for the role I got, I’ve had it before, don’t really know what to make of it yet. (Last game I made a list of all my previous roles but I can’t seem to find it so maybe I never posted it and now I cbb to do the back-checking again.)
(Off to make tacos but might have time to check in again before the phase ends.)
@Lady pompom could you please post the hints/claims list a few mins before day ends? For afkers/latecomers like Zasz who will likely take a look at who got lynched but could skip reading other pages. Could be good for visibility perhaps.
The way it looks like, my prime suspects after Cat would indeed be Gryff and Asuka. So he kinda failed at not looking bad.
!votekill Gryffindor
Making the ol Vandred mistake of trying to be nice and help someone else?! Despicable.
Nah, it‘s possible Cat is an important mafia role for them. I waited a long time for Cat to make an excuse, but it‘s possible he/she gave up? So instead I‘ll make a statement and call out Gryff for being a likely mafia if Cat is a mafia.
after being familiar with the game for a while, it's kinda funny to see how notions of 'town means nice (:' and 'mafia means lie ):' influence play style lolol
I too will forego voting for cat, if only because its like a new player and unless anything changes, they'll die anyway. I usually don't vote 'out of principle' or 'to make a statement', but..
Votekill Zasz
.. I guess its funny he bothers to sign up but not to show up
I just noticed something funny after some people mentioned the rings again. It‘s only prohibited to talk about the One Ring, but there‘s no restrictions to the special rings we each have. Based on what my own ring says, I assume they all complement your role in some way. So mafia can’t reuse what their mafia rings say and also have to come up with a ring effect for their claimed roles Could help us find some obviously made up stuff.
But we should be careful to not accidentally make someone copypaste their PM text...
At first I was not going to vote against Cat (As I did not want to join the bandwagon) and instead chose someone at random with very few or no votes, however seeming as I am 50/50 on the whole whether or not is was stupid honest mistake or if she did slip up and after reading up through the thread I went ahead and voted.
Either way whether I did or didn't vote for Cat would not of made a difference with the pure amount of votes against her and seeming as I have to vote anyway it was either I did this or voted someone at random.
If I had the option to I doubt I would of voted at all this DP just because I feel like her being a new player she could of just made a mistake and maybe given her the benefit of the doubt.
It's the first day and I am just getting used to the game again so apologise for not being that active but this day ended up a lot busier than I thought it would be so this is probably the last time I will post in this DP.
I just noticed something funny after some people mentioned the rings again. It‘s only prohibited to talk about the One Ring, but there‘s no restrictions to the special rings we each have. Based on what my own ring says, I assume they all complement your role in some way. So mafia can’t reuse what their mafia rings say and also have to come up with a ring effect for their claimed roles Could help us find some obviously made up stuff.
But we should be careful to not accidentally make someone copypaste their PM text...