Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 224 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

tirakai

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Scotland
I wonder if it's possible for RxL to be moved to Jump+, it'd look odd to keep around a new series for a whole year or more extra in perma-bottom 3 waiting for an anime but the series sells well enough (and of course has that huge fujosports anime boost potential) that it'd be a waste to just cancel it.

MangAniMY

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
I wonder if it's possible for RxL to be moved to Jump+, it'd look odd to keep around a new series for a whole year or more extra in perma-bottom 3 waiting for an anime but the series sells well enough (and of course has that huge fujosports anime boost potential) that it'd be a waste to just cancel it.
Serious question, does being picked up by viz have an influence on a series staying power?

I would think no, but somewhere at the back of my head,I have a voice that says that it might be why robo is still around.

ShenGao

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Serious question, does being picked up by viz have an influence on a series staying power?

I would think no, but somewhere at the back of my head,I have a voice that says that it might be why robo is still around.
Viz picked up Love Rush, it was axed within 10 chapters.
Viz didn't pick up Hinomaru Zumo, it's still living despite being the sole member of the 30k club.

ChocoBar9

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ever think people just gotten sick of MHA and Haikyuu!! starting in August 2017? Problem solved. No, seriously, you said yourselves that MHA just getting a lot better again, meaning around August 2017, the story must be quite crap yeah? (If you said it is getting a lot better now then you're applying that the series quality went downhill for some times). Quality decrease > People don't enjoy it > no votes > went down in ToC placement. But yeah, let's blame it all on EiC beause why not.

*EiC did decided which series in which position in ToC but if series have significantly lower votes, I don't think he will put that series in higher placement than any series with higher votes than it (except for OP obv).
And then two chapters of Black Clover which were universally panned by fans were ranked 1#. :derp
Then a chapter of Dr. Stone ranked higher than a chapter of Heroaca that trended on twitter.

People still think that the ToC is placed based on quality for some reason. :eyeroll

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
And then two chapters of Black Clover which were universally panned by fans were ranked 1#. :derp
Then a chapter of Dr. Stone ranked higher than a chapter of Heroaca that trended on twitter.

People still think that the ToC is placed based on quality for some reason.
I think the actual conclusion is that the people commenting or posting on social media arent the ones who are actually voting, which can explain any discrepancies.

OfficialHxH

Reaction score
Country
United States
Honestly no surprise that Boze is last. Was already obvious that it would get cancelled since the second chapter.
*Remembers Bozebeats hype talk*

Well then RIP Ziga

Yall guys gotta know it was only based on one chapter that he read where I would agree the first chapter of Bozebeats would have gotten be hyped but anything can go wrong. Yonkou is good but not that good lol

Mammo

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
>When you waited for Bozebeat to flop so you can tease its fans about it but they already jumped ships to Jujutsu Kaisen

anyway, about Yonkou hyping Ziga, people need to understand these leaks providers are people just like us, so with that in mind when they post something differentiate between a news piece and an opinion piece

tirakai

Reaction score
Country
Scotland
People were obviously going to jump to Jujutsu, the newest battle shounen is always the one that gets the hype even if it's complete and utter garbage in every single way (Red Sprite).

Sir Isley

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I didn't know that Deku is an orphan, hated by the whole world for being different, has demon powers, a Sasuke boyfriend who betrays everyone (inb4 that also happens in the next chapter of BC), a Magic Emperor Hokage who sacrificed himself for the village against a giant demon and a new Magic Emperor Hokage who sacrificed himself against Obito.
Alos I'd actually be surprised if BC survived for more than 10 chapters in this scenario. Who would read Naruto 2.0 while Naruto is still running?
While I get what you're saying "Sigh" People fail to take characterization into consideration, the dude has no reason to do that.

shoyoboyo

Reaction score
Country
United States
I come back to 10+ unread pages thinking that HZ or Kimetsu had some big news but it turns out it's just Black Clover and Hero Academia "discussion". Glad to see things will never change lol

tirakai

Reaction score
Country
Scotland
Making up flaws that aren't there is kind of a running theme in discussions here.

On a different note, I hope one of Act-age or the 3 new series survive, I want something new in WSJ to read.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Making up flaws that aren't there is kind of a running theme in discussions here.

On a different note, I hope one of Act-age or the 3 new series survive, I want something new in WSJ to read.
Jujutsu Kaisen should last. Its refreshing and a breath of fresh air. I cant find anything that one would dislike in it.

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker

Yeah, I'd like it if something would survive as well, it's been a while since Jump has put out anything new and exciting. I've just used this chance to discover other great new manga from the other magazines though.

Tamil

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
MHA edges out SnS as the Anime to be promoted on the cover, so I guess SnS gets a CP only (?)

Their premiere date are just 2 days apart
Edges? MHA's anime is far more popular than SnS so it's not a close win for MHA.

tirakai

Reaction score
Country
Scotland
I read plenty of other stuff, it's just that I like to read all my WSJ series together (I always wait with Kimetsu/Yuuna/Gintama/Haikyuu until English Jump is out to read them in one session). It's like having a whole little book to read every Monday.

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
I read plenty of other stuff, it's just that I like to read all my WSJ series together (I always wait with Kimetsu/Yuuna/Gintama/Haikyuu until English Jump is out to read them in one session). It's like having a whole little book to read every Monday.
That's an interesting way to do things. It would be great if at least two manga would survive.

xAsum0x

Reaction score
Country
United States
People were obviously going to jump to Jujutsu, the newest battle shounen is always the one that gets the hype even if it's complete and utter garbage in every single way (Red Sprite).
What was wrong with Red Sprite? The first 2 chapters were kinda whatever but it progressively got better. At least from what I remember.

Inumaru

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I just want a new gag manga. It's so sad now that Saiki and SW are gone, the magazine doesn't feel the same for me. Lycopene isn't that interesting. Don't fail me with the next serialization round, WSJ. Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.