Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Wow, Yuragi and Hinomaru in the bottom.

Pretty happy for WNL position and the Color Page for next week.
 

XtrnlArdent

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2017
Messages
96
Reaction score
28
Age
28
Country
Spain
Yuragi has been in the bottom 5 for a lot of weeks, it has an anime inc but that is not an assurance for survival, hoping it climbs back to the middle pack.

Act-age in a decent position, I see it lasting more than Bozebeats, maybe 40-50 chapters if doesn't drops in the next weeks.
 

puppeto4

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2007
Messages
82
Reaction score
51
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Look like their plan to turn Jump to Weekly Shonen Exorcist failing
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Someone needs to translate act-age. Damn, I want to read the rest. :(
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
OP 900 cover hype!

SnS will certainly be anime related.

Robo is its anniversary? (Chanting axe quietly)

WnL should be polls results?
 

TheEnhancedExe

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2017
Messages
281
Reaction score
344
Age
29
Country
Germany
Jump giving Robo the infamous color page of death?
Isn't Robo selling more than Hinomaru? I remember Robo selling around 60-70k and Hinomaru around 30k. Unless I'm remembering wrong, I don't think Jump will cancel Robo just because of bottom ranks if it sells way better than a series that managed to survive for nearly 200 chapters.

Especially since recently there haven't been any manga that managed to survive and Jump is in dire need of new manga. HxH will probably go on hiatus again, Gintama is close to ending.

Souma might be close to ending unless it becomes a second Bleach and pulls out its own Fullbring Arc after Azami is gone. I seriously doubt that though.

If the situation was different, I wouldn't be surprised if they cancelled Robo. But in the current situation, I honestly can't see that happening. Especially considering that Robo just started a new Arc that's probably gonna take a while. So I think it's safe for now despite its low rankings.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,555
Reaction score
11,295
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Ju Jutsu and Ziga are not yet classified, right?
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
Jujutsu is at Ch.4 and Ziga is Ch.2,

If you are talking about the "8 chapters thing" then yes.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,555
Reaction score
11,295
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
The sales have some room to grow IMO. It had an incredible growth but getting an anime when you're only doing ~120k a month is early.

If it is an anime announcement then that means me and cody can have wall text posts discussing studios and if we want to be a dick then break it down to staff members. :cheez
I like you, that's a great idea! Whether it will be a positive or negative breakdown remains to be seen... xD

Can Act-age please survive? At least it isn't instantly dead like Bozebeats...(I think). Some translations would be nice as well.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,549
Reaction score
15,715
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Act-tage for the moment continues in the very middle of ToC

If it stays 3 more chapters in that position, it will be time to ask for Edited Mangas.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I want Act-Age to survive and although it is too early to say "I want them to survive", Noah's Notes and Ziga had very good starts. Some sacrifices will have to be made among older series. Honestly, RxL has been a entertaining reading so I hope Yuragi is in the chop block.
Hunter x Hunter going back to its normal status and Gintama finally ending would be awesome as well. XD
 

TheEnhancedExe

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2017
Messages
281
Reaction score
344
Age
29
Country
Germany
I want Act-Age to survive and although it is too early to say "I want them to survive", Noah's Notes and Ziga had very good starts. Some sacrifices will have to be made among older series. Honestly, RxL has been a entertaining reading so I hope Yuragi is in the chop block.
Hunter x Hunter going back to its normal status and Gintama finally ending would be awesome as well. XD
That would already make enough place for three new manga as there's one place open right now. There's usually 20 series running and we only have 19 right now. I don't think Boruto counts as it's monthly. Although I think Boze probably gets cancelled before Gintama ends. I'm not up to date with Gintama, but from what I've heard the end might still be a few months away.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Bozebeats will rise i feel it and jujutsu will have an awesome debut same for ziga.

BLack Clover fans where you at, why the drop :(
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Gintama is a few months away from ending like in the last 2-3 years. I am aware of the standard procedure. :derp
If his aim is to finish everything to perfection, he will serialize forever, just move on, man.
 

TheEnhancedExe

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2017
Messages
281
Reaction score
344
Age
29
Country
Germany
Bozebeats will rise i feel it and jujutsu will have an awesome debut same for ziga.

BLack Clover fans where you at, why the drop :(
Tbh, Boze needs a miracle to survive. Although imo it deserves the axe as most people don't seem to like it, neither in Japan nor in the west. I think 6.66 on MAL is a good indicator for that, even if it's just 350 people that rated it. Usually all manga with less than 7 rating apart from Boruto and Spring Weapon got axed really quick.

Btw, I've never been wrong about stuff like that. Every new manga I dropped since I started reading all new WSJ releases last year ended up getting cancelled. Everything I didn't drop ended up surviving.

I didn't drop Act-Age yet, just can't continue reading as noone is Editing it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top