A Fateful Encounter

Best Fate Work


  • Total voters
    20

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,328
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
There was, in my posts of the MR game I clearly stated that this extra rule(s) wil be added in this game which a host can do and everyone was aware of the fact that those simply exist. Those were also in the previous games (or at least rules or no rules hosts did wanted/didn't wanted to add) which got accepted also, that you are not aware of them is simply not my fault. If you were more active and read more then you should have seen them passing by, funnily enough you were the only one that haven't seen it. You entered my game, you accepted those. That you didn't read them isn't my fault, that's all on yourself mister global mod. It's the same with the contract rule, a host isn't obligated to use that contract rule in the game also, he/she can decide it own it's own which has been used/not used in the precious games also. That makes most of your post simply invalid.

Here are the posted that I stated it:




Of course however then I can state a lot of things which weren't stated on the ''2006 rules'' but got used also in the precious games by the hosts decisions wich were allowed and accepted. So that is kind of a huge contradiction especially in this matter. So quite invalid.

Case closed.
Fair enough but technically the original rules don't give you leeway to create your own rules, however, since you did state it, I can't argue much against it. Though tbf, that was just as a post. It should have been in yoir OP. I'd push this but considering there was already a set issue earlier, i dont want to ruin what should be fun, so I'll drop this part. But this is only for the duration if afk.

There is no rule either in yours or the OP that says you can't say it was a punishment set. You'll have to provide that like above, and then you'd have to provide where it says it gets tripled.

Err...this is also my blue truth, but formatting on my phone is a pain
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Also btw, lurkers, just so you get the context, we (or atleast I am roleplaying Battler). You might need to play Umi to get it though. Don't worry, it's not as serious as it looks lol
 

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2014
Messages
2,586
Reaction score
19,408
Gender
Male
Country
England
Fair enough but technically the original rules don't give you leeway to create your own rules, however, since you did state it, I can't argue much against it. Though tbf, that was just as a post. It should have been in yoir OP. I'd push this but considering there was already a set issue earlier, i dont want to ruin what should be fun, so I'll drop this part. But this is only for the duration if afk.

There is no rule either in yours or the OP that says you can't say it was a punishment set. You'll have to provide that like above, and then you'd have to provide where it says it gets tripled.

Err...this is also my blue truth, but formatting on my phone is a pain
I am not going through more posts to give you more truth. I will be simple and clear everything what I said early is the truth and only the truth. Every part that I have missed, are also included somewhere in the thread.


--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Also btw, lurkers, just so you get the context, we (or atleast I am roleplaying Battler). You might need to play Umi to get it though. Don't worry, it's not as serious as it looks lol
Lol yeah, no worries guys whoever is lurking anyway. Bernkastel will just get ride of this useless Battler. The red truth is ultimate in the end.



This is why Umineko is the best. :XD
 

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
Oh lol, just realized this movie is the origin of that awesome "You won't get anywhere hoeing like that" meme.
Beautiful.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,328
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
That's not possible. You can't use the red truth like that. Nii help me out, i need a reason why. I can't fight like this XD
 

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2014
Messages
2,586
Reaction score
19,408
Gender
Male
Country
England
That's not possible. You can't use the red truth like that. Nii help me out, i need a reason why. I can't fight like this XD
You want @niichan Beato's help? Let me state this the red truth can be used that way.@niichan Beato can simply not counter this because she introduced it herself. Yes @niichan Beato..











Okay I'm now gonna sleep, it's very late here lol. This made me laugh a lot. Thanks for the delightful roleplay. :XD
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,328
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Same here, it's pretty late too.. fine, I'll accept this as a draw :hmph you won't be do lucky next time. I'll fight you as GM
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Oh, I forgot to comment on those awesome images @niichan. :wtf

All of them are pure greatness! I also got to "witness" this scene now. :lmao The artstyle is perfect! How can you not give this series a proper anime?

And what I like the most in this image is that Natsuhi makes the strongest impact out of all characters despite the fact that she is just "lying" there as if she were dead. Did I ever comment on that she was an awesome character in EP5, even though everything and anything was against her? A truly tragic character.

The solo-Erika picture is just.... wow. :zomg

Don't need to praise the Dlanor <3 one. Seriously, I have fallen in love with her, send me all available Dlanor images!!!! :x3 I hope she will have more screentime in the next episodes. If she does as great as in EP5, then she will most likely be my favorite character.... maybe she is already. <3
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
@Holt @syx :p

Yes, I've been giving EP5 a short reread today and wanted to share some panels :D






























 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,328
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
So I have been readin Ep. 6 when I have some spare time between exams, not done yet but want to post some thoughts.
So first, there are 2 Beato's...a witch and apparently a human, both of who need to be joined to complete the old beato. First, I've grown to like the human Beato...she's nice and though it's weird not seeing her cackle and mock as usual, it's refreshing in its own way. However, I've particularly grown to dislike Battler this game so far. The way he treats her is completely inexcusable. And even worse considering he's doing it BECAUSE she's not like the other Beato (who he is supposed to hate)..Regardless of the truth he reached, and whatever relationship exist(ed) between them, and the fact that it could be rather irritating to see a face you know with a completely different personality, it's bad taste to treat such an innocent person like this. Beato at the moment is like a child doing her best to support him (father), and I just got to the scene where she bakes some cookies and sets in the study, only for him to come and say though he appreciates the gesture, it should all be taken away. It's not because he thinks there's any malicious intent behind it, but supposedly because she just really irks him because she's not like Beato he remembers. I really hate his behavior and treatment of her. Just thought I'd rage a little about this lol

Also, there's the person stuck in a room trying to escape. And it seems this person is stuck in real time. It doesn't really make sense though. The person is apparently trapped while the others are eating/having fun, at some point, the cousins apparently even heard a sound when she broke the window. But this is weird, because everyone that should be on the island is accounted for and none of them are acting weird too. Plus the person keeps mentioning the family is just at the end of the corridor, and it feels very much like someone we don't know yet. The killings haven't started yet, so it doesn't fit. It doesn't seem like a dream either. I'm trying to figure out who it could be, but there haven't really been hints yet

Lastly, on the story so far, it's been mostly boring tbh. A lot of focus in Battler's game has focused much on Shannon/George and Kanon/Jessica love. It's not actually bad, but there's too much focus on it so far imo. I'm waiting to get to the good stuff, and to see how Battler structure this game. Right now, it feels as though nothing has even started
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2014
Messages
2,586
Reaction score
19,408
Gender
Male
Country
England
So Niichan-kun, I have almost finished the GF game and I am prolly going to finish the last 5 endings today which are still left on my list, on a late time since my freetime is quite over and this Monday it's going to be hell again. XD

Anyway, all to all if you have any doubts about buying it or not, I recommend to do so especially since you're a huge fan like me which makes me even more certain you will like it! Like for real, some interactions that I have got so far are really fun and then I mean they really are at least for me because there are things that you just don't expect to have as interactions through the game with the characters you are going to fight and of course the endings. I am trying not to spoil what you might get but I will just say, I hope you will have a nice laugh because I definitely had with a few of them for example when I had the Virgilia/Ange or the Dlanor/Virgilia ending ...... gosh I didn't know Ange is quite into that and lol Dlanor. That's all I am going to say. XD Of course there are some sweet/nice/awesome ending interaction also. So far I have not been disappointed in the game and I really liked it mainly because it's funny. Of course you shouldn't expect some high Umineko level as we are used too but I think you're already aware of that and should enjoy the game for what it is: mainly lots of fun. XD Even though you have to fight quite some times, I will say approx 30 - 40 minutes for each ending to get.

This is pretty much what I found about the game and I don't even regret a second for buying it. I loved every bit and had quite a nice time and fun with the endings I got so far. Anyway 5 more to go and I'm donzo with it. : P
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Btw this is totally random but gosh I saw this on Tumblr today and if you knew how much I fell in love with this monochrome drawing. I don't even need to explain to you why. It's epic in all kind of ways and their face expressions are beautiful as always. The artist captured this so well imo. Also dat Lambda face, best face expression of them all.



And somehow I like this one also lol.



Okay that was my slightly fangirlness x)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,328
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
So I've played a bit more Umi
Will this romance and love story never end? Tbh, I find it rather boring. I don't like the excessive focus on it. Or don't tell me the different shanon/kanon love is what led to the deaths? There was already George killing Eva as his trial, and Jessica is currently engaging Kyrie, apparently going to kill her too. At the end of George's fight, Gaap also appeared to take her body to the VIP room...and it kinda feels like Eva actually just died.

Also, Zephyr and Furfur (not sure if those are the right spelling) have also been introduced .Anyway, Battler apparently interfered with Erika's work this game .first he keeps her in a room at the opposite end of the hall, second, he makes the duct tape she used as a substitute red tape very weak and thus unusable .and frankly, the truth of these games should remain the same imo. Why does he need to do this if Erika was already supposedly on the wrong track? There's still so much I don't get. I'm just waiting for the good stuff and hoping the romance ends soon haha .
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I just found this and whoever made this, the idea is quite funny. Just see what they are playing and who they are playing. XD

lol x) well I guess it works :rolleyes: I wonder who has the better gaming skills

So I have been readin Ep. 6 when I have some spare time between exams, not done yet but want to post some thoughts.
So first, there are 2 Beato's...a witch and apparently a human, both of who need to be joined to complete the old beato. First, I've grown to like the human Beato...she's nice and though it's weird not seeing her cackle and mock as usual, it's refreshing in its own way. However, I've particularly grown to dislike Battler this game so far. The way he treats her is completely inexcusable. And even worse considering he's doing it BECAUSE she's not like the other Beato (who he is supposed to hate)..Regardless of the truth he reached, and whatever relationship exist(ed) between them, and the fact that it could be rather irritating to see a face you know with a completely different personality, it's bad taste to treat such an innocent person like this. Beato at the moment is like a child doing her best to support him (father), and I just got to the scene where she bakes some cookies and sets in the study, only for him to come and say though he appreciates the gesture, it should all be taken away. It's not because he thinks there's any malicious intent behind it, but supposedly because she just really irks him because she's not like Beato he remembers. I really hate his behavior and treatment of her. Just thought I'd rage a little about this lol

Also, there's the person stuck in a room trying to escape. And it seems this person is stuck in real time. It doesn't really make sense though. The person is apparently trapped while the others are eating/having fun, at some point, the cousins apparently even heard a sound when she broke the window. But this is weird, because everyone that should be on the island is accounted for and none of them are acting weird too. Plus the person keeps mentioning the family is just at the end of the corridor, and it feels very much like someone we don't know yet. The killings haven't started yet, so it doesn't fit. It doesn't seem like a dream either. I'm trying to figure out who it could be, but there haven't really been hints yet

Lastly, on the story so far, it's been mostly boring tbh. A lot of focus in Battler's game has focused much on Shannon/George and Kanon/Jessica love. It's not actually bad, but there's too much focus on it so far imo. I'm waiting to get to the good stuff, and to see how Battler structure this game. Right now, it feels as though nothing has even started
Yup, I can definitely see your point regarding Battler. But at least he knows what he's doing is bad, he just can't bring himself to accept this new Beato yet. I think his behaviour will become more clear once you have the answers and all the pieces of the puzzle together. But yeah, that cookie scene was hard to swallow :(

Can't really comment on the other stuff, but I agree that the story needs some time to get going. There's quite a bit you might only realize in hindsight, and I think that makes the episode better, but I remember being somewhat bored during parts of EP6 too. And even though the game might be trying a bit too hard at times, there's a reason that these couples get such a big focus. You can consider this a small hint from me :p Not much more to go until the answers will come in Holt, hang in there :arf

So Niichan-kun, I have almost finished the GF game and I am prolly going to finish the last 5 endings today which are still left on my list, on a late time since my freetime is quite over and this Monday it's going to be hell again. XD

Anyway, all to all if you have any doubts about buying it or not, I recommend to do so especially since you're a huge fan like me which makes me even more certain you will like it! Like for real, some interactions that I have got so far are really fun and then I mean they really are at least for me because there are things that you just don't expect to have as interactions through the game with the characters you are going to fight and of course the endings. I am trying not to spoil what you might get but I will just say, I hope you will have a nice laugh because I definitely had with a few of them for example when I had the Virgilia/Ange or the Dlanor/Virgilia ending ...... gosh I didn't know Ange is quite into that and lol Dlanor. That's all I am going to say. XD Of course there are some sweet/nice/awesome ending interaction also. So far I have not been disappointed in the game and I really liked it mainly because it's funny. Of course you shouldn't expect some high Umineko level as we are used too but I think you're already aware of that and should enjoy the game for what it is: mainly lots of fun. XD Even though you have to fight quite some times, I will say approx 30 - 40 minutes for each ending to get.

This is pretty much what I found about the game and I don't even regret a second for buying it. I loved every bit and had quite a nice time and fun with the endings I got so far. Anyway 5 more to go and I'm donzo with it. : P
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Btw this is totally random but gosh I saw this on Tumblr today and if you knew how much I fell in love with this monochrome drawing. I don't even need to explain to you why. It's epic in all kind of ways and their face expressions are beautiful as always. The artist captured this so well imo. Also dat Lambda face, best face expression of them all.



And somehow I like this one also lol.



Okay that was my slightly fangirlness x)
Hey, that sounds like a lot of fun! : D That's actually less time than I thought it would take for each ending xD Well I still have something else to finish, but I think after that I might buy the game on Steam :nod Prolly gonna play a bit from time to time, but it's definitely on my list, so no worries :p

Those are some great pics :zomg Not sure if Erika and Rena make a good pairing lol, but Lambda and Bern look lovely. Like they're ready to torture you to death to ease their boredom :amuse I always love when artists make a Higurashi/Umineko drawing in some way
--- Double Post Merged, ---
So I've played a bit more Umi
Will this romance and love story never end? Tbh, I find it rather boring. I don't like the excessive focus on it. Or don't tell me the different shanon/kanon love is what led to the deaths? There was already George killing Eva as his trial, and Jessica is currently engaging Kyrie, apparently going to kill her too. At the end of George's fight, Gaap also appeared to take her body to the VIP room...and it kinda feels like Eva actually just died.

Also, Zephyr and Furfur (not sure if those are the right spelling) have also been introduced .Anyway, Battler apparently interfered with Erika's work this game .first he keeps her in a room at the opposite end of the hall, second, he makes the duct tape she used as a substitute red tape very weak and thus unusable .and frankly, the truth of these games should remain the same imo. Why does he need to do this if Erika was already supposedly on the wrong track? There's still so much I don't get. I'm just waiting for the good stuff and hoping the romance ends soon haha .
Nothing much to add :XD Like I said, I agree that it's somewhat lengthy, but it's also important in a certain way. And no, your guess is wrong :p

And I think Battler simply doesn't want to give her such a big advantage. I mean the duct tape is immensely powerful for arguments lol. Not sure what you mean about "the truth of these games", but you could already see that each episode different deaths/murders happened, so ofc the truth isn't exactly the same for all games. Erika has to use her wit to reveal the truth, Battler removing her strong weapons only makes her get a somewhat similar role to Battler (when he was still battling against Beato but didn't have all those advantages Erika had in Game 5).

Have to say, it pains my heart when you trash Umi... :( but ofc the game isn't perfect, I'm aware xD
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,328
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Have to say, it pains my heart when you trash Umi... :( but ofc the game isn't perfect, I'm aware xD
Haha, I'm not trashing Umi, but I think it's a fair point and agreeable that the couple's stuff gets boring after a while. And that's not an exaggeration considering we already got a lot of this in previous games, and Battler's game has gone on for so long but we're still at this stage. And yes, I already know it's important, else it wouldn't get this much screentime, and yeah it's supposed to be touching and all, but eventually, it gets kinda tiring XD

On the truths, what I meant was that some basics should remain constant, eg Kinzo being dead, and whatever "truth" Battler reached. If the truth was changing over the course of the games, then he wouldn't have a right to be GM since he'd have only found 1 truth not all (and he did discover this truth in a game that was hosted by Lambda not even Beato) so what I mean is that there the games vary in some ways (eg deaths), but the "truth" should still be the same .Naturally truth sounds vague cos I have no idea what it is haha.

On Erika, I more or less get your point I guess, but I think her wit is part of what enabled her make use of the duct tape and provide such an effective truth in the last game. So Battler specifically targeting those just seems weird to me. After all, it shouldn't exactly influence the truth. Well I get the point anyway, the essence is to not make it so easy (but it's not like she was right the first time either-or so it seems)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2014
Messages
2,586
Reaction score
19,408
Gender
Male
Country
England
Gosh I am sometimes wondering how Niichan-kun can even reply on some posts without spoiling a slight bit because I seriously felt like to give a whole explanation at this point but I just freaking can't do that! Then I was like ''wait what if I used a small Higurashi example that has some slight similarity with Umineko'' but then again I can't do that... because... you know............... YOU HAVEN'T SEEN HIGURASHI EITHER. :arf

Anyway, lemme just say that things will get more spicy later. Of course I personally found the parts you find boring also quite boring when I reached that EP back then because as Niichan stated it was quite lenghty (even still after re-checking it some months ago I still find it lol) but they are crucial to have and you will see sooner why. Gosh I basically can't almost comment on anything, literally frik you Holtish!! However reading your thought is nice and definitely fun at times heheh. So all I have to say (and only can say lel): keep it up for a bit longer and then you will get paid for the patient wait (and hopefully you will like the conclusion of this game. XD)

Also one more thing Holtish....

ITS ZEPAR NOT ZEPHYR. ARE U DAJIOBU? :arf


Oh lovely I just made my 1515 post. Wonderful number. Mission accomplish! =3=/
 
Last edited:

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Haha, I'm not trashing Umi, but I think it's a fair point and agreeable that the couple's stuff gets boring after a while. And that's not an exaggeration considering we already got a lot of this in previous games, and Battler's game has gone on for so long but we're still at this stage. And yes, I already know it's important, else it wouldn't get this much screentime, and yeah it's supposed to be touching and all, but eventually, it gets kinda tiring XD

On the truths, what I meant was that some basics should remain constant, eg Kinzo being dead, and whatever "truth" Battler reached. If the truth was changing over the course of the games, then he wouldn't have a right to be GM since he'd have only found 1 truth not all (and he did discover this truth in a game that was hosted by Lambda not even Beato) so what I mean is that there the games vary in some ways (eg deaths), but the "truth" should still be the same .Naturally truth sounds vague cos I have no idea what it is haha.

On Erika, I more or less get your point I guess, but I think her wit is part of what enabled her make use of the duct tape and provide such an effective truth in the last game. So Battler specifically targeting those just seems weird to me. After all, it shouldn't exactly influence the truth. Well I get the point anyway, the essence is to not make it so easy (but it's not like she was right the first time either-or so it seems)
It's cool, I know where you're coming from :D It's kinda hard to discuss any of this without spoilers, like Magi just said, so let's leave it at that. I think what actually hurts EP5 and EP6 quite a lot is the absence of Beatrice for the most part, I think Beato was/is carrying a lot of Umineko, so if she gets sidelined that actively hurts the "entertainment". Battler works best with Beato too (talking about EP1-4 Beato here ofc), and I guess you could say that Bern and Lambda aren't exactly all that likeable either rofl. Some "themes" get hammered in your face again and again, which you can possibly appreciate in hindsight, but when you're playing they either go over your head (meaning you just don't get it lol) or you think it's too much (which is a valid complaint). Anyway, like Magi said it's not that much longer until the really juicy stuff starts happening, and EP7+8 together will give you a lot of the "truth" you are asking for ;)

And yep, you're on spot with the the things you said about truth, that's how it is. The truth Battler speaks of is less the individual crimes but the bigger picture (Who?What?Why?), but you will find out in due time : D


Gosh I am sometimes wondering how Niichan-kun can even reply on some posts without spoiling a slight bit because I seriously felt like to give a whole explanation at this point but I just freaking can't do that! Then I was like ''wait what if I used a small Higurashi example that has some slight similarity with Umineko'' but then again I can't do that... because... you know............... YOU HAVEN'T SEEN HIGURASHI EITHER. :arf

Anyway, lemme just say that things will get more spicy later. Of course I personally found the parts you find boring also quite boring when I reached that EP back then because as Niichan stated it was quite lenghty (even still after re-checking it some months ago I still find it lol) but they are crucial to have and you will see sooner why. Gosh I basically can't almost comment on anything, literally frik you Holtish!! However reading your thought is nice and definitely fun at times heheh. So all I have to say (and only can say lel): keep it up for a bit longer and then you will get paid for the patient wait (and hopefully you will like the conclusion of this game. XD)

Also one more thing Holtish....

ITS ZEPAR NOT ZEPHYR. ARE U DAJIOBU? :arf


Oh lovely I just made my 1515 post. Wonderful number. Mission accomplish! =3=/
haha yeah it's really hard not to spoil, but I'm kinda used to it by now after talking about Umi with syx pretty often xD I' curious though, what kinda example were you thinking of? How about we make a bet who finishes first, Holt or syx? :teehee I'm sure you will bet on Holt, I have that kinda feeling for some reason :awe
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Well it is admirable to see that Niichan can post such a wall of text in no-time and I was quite surprised seeing that post. That was pretty nice to see! However he still keeps a certain post on a huge hiatus. This is truly amazing in all kind of ways. Not talking about my own post by the way, gladly he would never do that to me lol. I just see many things on the forum just saying!




So you're a stalker? : )

I wonder just what post are you talking about

If I forgot some texts to reply then not my fault! =w=



Now that you mentioned Will...... There is one thing what slightly bothered me about Bernkastel tho. Willhard and Lion were waiting for a miracle to happen that they would live when they faced Bernkastel (before she killed them both just to have the information Aurora was seeking for xd) and saying that in front of her which made her mad but if they wished for a miracle.. why doesn’t it trigger Bernkastel to make the miracle happen? It’s not like their chances were really zero at all and their strong believes in it seems more then enough for me to make her get triggered by it. I get she was the villian of the story ‘cuz she got bored playing the good part but even so.. I mean Lambda isn’t nice either yet she will grant or support your certainity if you truly believe in that certainity. I guess Bernkastel was really into it because even she said to Lambda (pretty much at the ending, the last tea party of them) that it was really fun playing the villian in this game board lol. I swear those two really are some cruel beings. XD

Yeah I really love most of the witch designs also! Oh god.. that reminds me .. whenever you’re gonna buy the game and when you’ve time you should play the Rosa/Eva ending. Just look what Rosa is saying like oh godness what’s with this woman. Also I did the Bernkastel/Willhard ending and when Bernkastel had to fight Lambda…… the first few sec before fighting the game… WHAT ARE THEY DOING. I swear from a few endings I have played.. they don’t do this to someone else only to each others LOL. XD Oke that was a bit off topic lol. xd

Anyway I also think everyone had trouble to like Eva LOL but Rosa is still the most hated character in Umineko anyway rofl. And yeah the family has a lot of problems indeed lol. Oh well that’s why things ended up the way it did after all. x)

Mhm! That’s what they make them so likeable in my eyes. It doesn’t matter which powerful being faces you, they will just answer you back no matter what or in what kind of attitude. Even Erika that I actually liked when she they were talking about Bern’s past etc. (EP6) and that she said to Lambda the reason why she (then I mean why Lambda and Bern) isn’t/aren’t the witch of truth is because she/they couldn’t handle the truth. You need to have also some slight guts to say that to Lambda. Also when Erika said that, she had a rather calm, relaxed attitude since she knows she is talking to Lambda and knows she will never beat her nor should make her angry. I really loved how she handle dit that way and Lambda was like ‘I will forgive you since it’s your celebration of the win’ or wtv. the line was. Oh gosh.. love them all! XD

Pretty certain I forgot something I wanted to say .. oh well will poke you about it when it comes up in my mind. -3-
Hmmm but I think the witches don't really start acting because someone else believes strongly, Lambda only helped Battler after lots of convincing, when she was sure there actually was that chance they could pull it off.and that she got something out of it too. I mean they're not exactly saints, so I think Bern simply thought doing this would provide better and more entertainment in the end :XD

Kinda funny to see you talking about the game and I still haven't checked it out... but I will check it out sooner than later, probably x'D

lol yeah true, Rosa just never really got that chance to redeem herself, while Eva at least could make up for it somehow during EP8. Also helped that she obviously cared for her husband and child, while Rosa... I'm sure she cares for Maria in some way, but yeah xD

rofl yeah I recall that scene with Erika saying Lambda couldn't handle the truth. God that was savage, gotta hand it to Erika. I think Lambda actually got triggered by that pretty hard, but I guess she did show some mercy in the end : D

It definitely did. The only thing I remember atm in the VN is the part where Bernkastel was doing the niipah~ thingy. This one:

And like.. let's be honest... you just fucking hear Rika. XD Oh yeah also one of the moments we only saw some slight cute side from her =3= But like damn.. this voice actor tho.
Gotta say the voice actors all were amazing in my eyes. Such a wide range and they really captured the raw emotions so well. My favourite part always was when someone started screaming the name and you knew it was time for a duel :3 USHIROOOOOOOOOOOOOMIYA BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTLER


I think there was this part in the anime not sure it was the full scene since I do remember a familiar scene like that but I don't want to say it for 100%. I have to rewatch it for that matter.

Well the thing with Hanyuu is pretty much the thing with Rika. Bernkastel in itself isn't a nice person, she is cruel right? Same case with Aurora since she is quite a monster herself. However the thing is.. whenever Hanyuu gets serious and same with Rika, they get the attitude of Bernkastel and Aurora. Also the funny thing is that Hanyuu was rather a spectator in this game and not quite a player herself and she could do things if she wanted to (like the case with Takano Miko and also she is kinda like Aurora herself since she does not interupt a game that she doesn't play nor will enter because of a different game master unless she really feels likes too). Because it really would be too much of a coincidence that both have been damaged by their horns in the hell that Bernkastel comes from. She is her miko after all, pretty much her guardian how Hanyuu was Rika's guardian but they only spectate (witch of theatre after all) since it wasn't their game anymore as she left it to Bernkastel to fix it but she will watch over her and see if she would survive this hell. Bern is her longest serving miko after all. :3

Also I personally do not think the horn damage is so far fetched because if you look it from a different pov, players and/or spectators might get effected to what happens in the game even if it's just a part of their soul or whatever that just checks the game for example. It would be pointless not to remember the hell or the pain you've done in the games you entered. Also knowing Aurora.. wouldn't surprise if that was really the case tbh and she is old so yeah. xd At least that's my two cents about it (not sure if I said some sentences correctly but I think u get me haha) and just a theory which could really make sense imo. ;p
You know, you make some good points but I noticed I can't really talk about this in detail bc I forgot too much about Higurashi... but I blame it on the VN release being way too slow :hmph They said they will release the remaining episodes (6-8) this year, so whenever that happens I'm definitely so going to read it :arf

Oh. I can add you on discord but if that makes you deal less with the walls then it's kinda hard for me to do that mhm. We both love to make walls, no? We simply can't have less walls Niichan-kun. WE SIMPLY CANT. =3=
Sure I can add you. Feel free to gimme your discord and I will see if you're worth to be added in my list =3=

No problem. That's understandable. Maybe after you've finished it. xD

EDIT 4th March:

Okay here I will list some of my favorite characters in general! I will limit it to two, if that's okay.
  • Magi: Arba
  • Umineko: Bernkastel and Lambdadelta (wow what a shock =3=)
  • Higurashi: Furude Rika and Hanyuu
  • HxH: Killua and Hisoka
  • The Promised Neverland: Isabella and Ray
  • Kill la Kill: Satsuki and Ragyuu
  • Violet Evergarden: Violet
  • Shingeki no Koyjin: Levi and Mikasa (mostly because she is badass for the rest hmm..)
  • FullMetal Alchemist: Greed
  • Soul Eater: Kid and Black star
  • Made in Abyss: Ozen and Nanachi
  • Tokyo Ghoul: Furuta and Eto
  • Black Buttler: Undertaker and Sebastian ('cuz neko lover xd)
  • D.Gray-man: Neah (I find his attitude kinda funny lol) and Kanda Yu
  • Nanatsu No Taizai: Escanor
  • A Trial of Blood: Saiko
  • Dr. Stone: Senku and Kohaku
  • Vinland Saga: Thorfinn and Thorkell
  • Gintama: Kagura and Sougo
  • Katekyo Hitman REBORN!: Hibari
  • Sousei No Onmyouji: Benio
  • Death Parade: Nona
  • Mahou Shoujo Madoka: Homura and Kyouko
  • Re:creators: Altair and Magane
  • Rozen Maiden: Suigintou and Shinku
  • Pandora Hearts: Alice and Break

Okay, I definitely have watched and read more but those are the ones that came up in my mind atm and the others not xd (this is what u get for not keeping a list on MAL >w<)
omg lol... you know, recently when I answered some of your posts I was like "wait, didn't I ask Magi about discord at some point? Sure would make things easier..." and here it is x'DD I won't forget again, now I really feel bad forgetting about it even though I was the one who asked you :( Will send you my discord stuff sometime soon

Looks like a nice list! Surprised you're actually reading/watching that much stuff lol. But wait, do I notice a certain pattern there?

Homura, Benio, Bernkastel, Rika... now I see what type of girls you like :awe

And I see you like them sadistic, sometimes with a tinge of craziness too. Arba, Hisoka, Magane, Hibari, Kagura/Sougo, Eto/Furuta, Ozen, Ragyo, Isabella, Arba. Prolly missed some from series I didn't read/watch (Pandora Hearts/Rozen Maiden/Dr.Stone/A Trial of Blood/Black Butler). I have your taste all figured out now : D

I approve for the most part though, a lot of great charas on that list. So if you had to choose your top 5 from the list you provided, which ones would it be? (and seriously, make a list on MAL :p)
 

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2014
Messages
2,586
Reaction score
19,408
Gender
Male
Country
England
It seems that Niichan betrayed Beato for Jalter after all, hmpf.


Joke~ Jalter is awesome and definitely the art you choose, lovely!

Anyway gonna leave these here since I saw that the awesome artist of the Beato drawings have posted some new awesome artworks and a funny one which I will show first, today!



Also I saw a different artist that makes lots of Higurashi drawings (most are Rika lol XD), made this one.

Dat Rika showing her Berness (even the tail appeared lol)
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
It seems that Niichan betrayed Beato for Jalter after all, hmpf.


Joke~ Jalter is awesome and definitely the art you choose, lovely!

Anyway gonna leave these here since I saw that the awesome artist of the Beato drawings have posted some new awesome artworks and a funny one which I will show first, today!



Also I saw a different artist that makes lots of Higurashi drawings (most are Rika lol XD), made this one.

Dat Rika showing her Berness (even the tail appeared lol)
haha, tbh I usually don't keep my sets for long. Happens pretty often that I feel the urge to use something new after a few days if I'm not busy otherwise or just really really happy with my current set lol. A shame we lost our combo ava, but my dream is a quadro ava/set with syx and holt x) And thanks for the compliment ofc! : D

Pics look great, especially liking the second and the second to last one. Always love me some nice symbolism. And ofc that Rika haha, almost looks like she's possesed by Bern here.

Btw, my post from yesterday reminded me of two things. First and most importantly, you now have two posts to answer. One here and one in your thread, meaning now it's my time to act all smug bc I'm waiting for your response :toc You better be ready :poke

Jokes aside, what I actually remembered yesterday was that there are some exclusive Higurashi arcs being translated, prolly stuff you've never read or seen before anywhere else. They're all console-exclusive arcs with no plans for a translation yet, so this awesome fan (who also did the graphic/voice patches for the Umineko/Higurashi releases on Steam) is slowly but steadily releasing them. The third arc was just finished:


You can find all the important stuff there in that first post, but have to say I really like that chart.



Kinda great that there's still so much Higurashi left to explore lol, even the official localization is nowhere near done (still missing EP6-8+Rei+Hou). Ofc I heard that some arcs are rather not so great or can be ignored, but especially that stuff in the green and orange box should be highly interesting :zomg
 
Top