Football 2018 FIFA World Cup

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
LOL what an asshole, kicking a guy on the floor like that... I'd give him a red...
Why didn't that get switched to Red? Didn't they go to VAR there on the play? Unless I'm just stupid and they can only determine foul or not and not the severity... idk
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Well, I see some of my friends surprised with Argentina's performance which I dont understand, I wouldn't have predicted them to reach beyond 1/8 final, their defence was just terrible in the preliminary rounds :/

Im still sad for Messi though, the man deserves a WC so much.
I don't think the defense is that awful compared to the offensive variants (which we have struggled for... a decade). That said I objectivly couldn't see us getting any further than top 8.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,557
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I'm expecting Maradona to tear into Caballero tomorrow.... And it would be even worse for them if Ronaldo kindly points out that his team didn't even need him to win the Euro.

@Hardy Argentina's defense has always been bad imo, and their only saving grace that they had all along was Romero who's probably one of the best GKs around. I remember how well he played 4 years ago.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
That was pretty embarrassing, but I wouldn't count them out yet. Result of Nigeria v Iceland will be pretty key heading into the last match day.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Why didn't that get switched to Red? Didn't they go to VAR there on the play? Unless I'm just stupid and they can only determine foul or not and not the severity... idk
From what I saw, they didn't check VAR. But it was kinda complicated for me to check things on the screen, so I guess they either missed it or the referee was a pussy.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I'm expecting Maradona to tear into Caballero tomorrow.... And it would be even worse for them if Ronaldo kindly points out that his team didn't even need him to win the Euro.

@Hardy Argentina's defense has always been bad imo, and their only saving grace that they had all along was Romero who's probably one of the best GKs around. I remember how well he played 4 years ago.
I 100 % disagree with this post, to the point that I can strongly say that defense was our strongest point in the last WC (with a very defensive minded coach to back it up) and that Romero, while underrated by Argentinians, is also overrated by many. For what it's worth, I wanted Armani to start today.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
From what I saw, they didn't check VAR. But it was kinda complicated for me to check things on the screen, so I guess they either missed it or the referee was a pussy.
Hmm maybe the idiot commentators just brought it up and he never signaled for it.
 

Sheep1

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2018
Messages
81
Reaction score
28
Age
32
Country
United Kingdom
Damn all the big favourites underperforming, I could see possibly Uruguay and Croatia going pretty far.
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'm here because it's about football, I'm brazilian and Argentina lost.

Laugh with me: hahahahahahahaha!
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Argentina's defense should get a heart attack seeing their own forward.
 

Juliana

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2015
Messages
197
Reaction score
467
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
I was reading the news and just saw that Argentina lost. It made me remember of Brazil's 7x1 and I got sad.
Wish the best for you, hermanos.
:wub
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Farfs is cute. I tell her since the start of the WC that I don't care muuuuch about THIS national team, yet she is still being nice and supportive to me about it.

Meanwhile, she says she wants to see Brazil do well, and I'm like "man I hope Brazil is out in group phase so bad" '-'
 

Vici

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
3,413
Reaction score
16,901
Gender
Female
Country
Pyke
Vamos, Brasil!

although I have already reduced by how much they will win I still believe in them >>>

man I hope Brazil is out in group phase so bad
Unlike some...
 
Top