Voting Round 2 Mercy vs. Aqua

Who wins?

  • Mercy

    Votes: 18 37.5%
  • Aqua

    Votes: 30 62.5%

  • Total voters
    48
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
@GrySun pls :pls

The fact that the overall story features Disney characters doesn't mean it's not deep or anything else than childish. The general consensus here is that Kingdom Hearts does have an actual story, and Overwatch does not. Making a biography for a character does not make it a story.

And seeing as @Sky is fucking shit at campaigning for his nomination, I'll try to bother and explain why Aqua is a better character than a generic MOBA character without any depth added to it. (Sure, once you count in the comics and animated shorts and everything, she's got some depth to her)

Aqua's devotion and loyalty goes many lengths, she's caring, sweet and innocent, even making good luck charms for her friends for their journeys they have to go through. She does literally everything to protect her friends from harm, even going so far as sacrificing her own life to do so. She have an amazing and strong sense of justice, the desire to do right. She never loses sight of what the right thing to do is, despite her friends often losing sight or getting influenced by outside-sources.

She's serious, kind, strong-willed, intelligent, responsible, tough and extremely reliable. This makes her a strong woman, but she has her soft side too, once you get intimate she's there to make the moments count, she'll blush, she'll get embarrassed, trying to compose herself when you get overly sweet and romantic. She's modest and despite being a keyblade master she knows she can always learn more and be better.

In her debut game we saw her going from trainee to master, never straying from the path of light (and righteousness), all her actions throughout were selfless and intended to save/help her friends and other innocent people, free the world of sinister forces.

We see a small and cute girl going on a journey with two friends, a journey trying to rid the world of darkness (the evil), becoming a full-fledged warrior/heroine and a confident woman.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Yeah it totally sounds better to be with a girl that has 0 depth and literally no story behind her.
Guess those are the people who want those sex dolls instead of real women. :blush.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
@Xadyu Why would I want to go all out during round 2 already?
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
@Xadyu Why would I want to go all out during round 2 already?
Because there is always a risk that your character goes out, not just in the final round.
She's a much, much, much better character than Mercy is, but Mercy is still a character from a very beloved franchise. The threat is real, if you want it or not.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
That might be so but I will still save my powers for the rounds to come.
That is how much I believe in Aqua.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,617
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Because there is always a risk that your character goes out, not just in the final round.
She's a much, much, much better character than Mercy is, but Mercy is still a character from a very beloved franchise. The threat is real, if you want it or not.
I think your efforts go to waste, he can probably see the vote count status or something to stay calm :catshrug
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
I think your efforts go to waste, he can probably see the vote count status or something to stay calm :catshrug
Probably, it just bothers me anyway. I only made the post for you anyway. :catshrug
 

Vici

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
3,413
Reaction score
16,901
Gender
Female
Country
Pyke
Ignore my post it's not related to this clash :lambirb


And don't come spouting back with your comics and shorts, because those are irrelevant.
I dunno, if I understand you well but may I ask how official shorts and comics, are irrelevant:grumble

So in other cases and another character, all additional officials and canon Ova's, Special Chapters, Spinoffs, DLC's are irrelevant << I'm right or I'm right?

Not that it affects this match because Mercy doesn't have any..


BTW: My finger slipped and I voted for Mercy :lambirb
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
@Vici

Aqua won't hate you for this. She is too pure and sweet for that.

I on the other hand...
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Ignore my post it's not related to this clash :lambirb




I dunno, if I understand you well but may I ask how official shorts and comics, are irrelevant:grumble

So in other cases and another character, all additional officials and canon Ova's, Special Chapters, Spinoffs, DLC's are irrelevant << I'm right or I'm right?

Not that it affects this match because Mercy doesn't have any..


BTW: My finger slipped and I voted for Mercy :lambirb
Sure, count those in then. I'm just referring to the fact that Mercy needed a lot of related media to even have/be a character
 

Reebi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
2,432
Reaction score
4,091
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I think your efforts go to waste, he can probably see the vote count status or something to stay calm :catshrug
Or he is too lazy/cocky

More Mercy spam!


Mercy can't die because if she dies so does everyone else. Instead, she does everything in her will to saves lives, including her own, so that everyone lives. In Uprising, she told Tracer she wouldn‘t let anything happen to her on her first mission so she deepy cares for her team and understands their feelings. It takes real guts to live for people. ;)
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
. It takes real guts to live for people. ;)
Yeah, living for people takes way more guts than sacrificing your life for people. You're right. ;)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Sky

Reebi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
2,432
Reaction score
4,091
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Yeah, living for people takes way more guts than sacrificing your life for people. You're right. ;)
I don't want to dive into Off Topic land but yes, living for people is just as heroic, sometimes more, than dying for them. Have you not seen Violet Evergarden? When you're in the medical profession you have to put your life first because medics have the skills to treat injuries properly. That's the code Mercy stands by.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
I don't want to dive into Off Topic land but yes, living for people is just as heroic, sometimes more, than dying for them. Have you not seen Violet Evergarden? When you're in the medical profession you have to put your life first because medics have the skills to treat injuries properly. That's the code Mercy stands by.
I have seen/read that and it has absolutely nothing to do with this.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Sky

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
It still doesn't change the fact that OW chars are 100% fan service with a fabricated backstory.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
The real aqua doesn't pad her chest. This one clearly does.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top