Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 392 Discussion / 393 Predictions | Page 13 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 392 Discussion / 393 Predictions

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I too read it like he was attacking her more and more seriously as the fight when on. Did nothing to her. Then she threw out one serious attack to test him out and blow away her allies. Which did nothing to him. A real fight between these two would be something else. Though what we've seen speaks more to Maschenny's strength than it does Jinsung's. She just stood there and neutralized everything he threw at her then let him get close let herself take a direct attack and pretty much laughed it off. And she never pulled out Yellow May either.

What I'm still a little confused about is why she's doing all this. She must have a vested interest in giving Baam and escape route. Does she need another 13 Month series that bad or is this about something else?

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I too read it like he was attacking her more and more seriously as the fight when on. Did nothing to her. Then she threw out one serious attack to test him out and blow away her allies. Which did nothing to him. A real fight between these two would be something else. Though what we've seen speaks more to Maschenny's strength than it does Jinsung's. She just stood there and neutralized everything he threw at her then let him get close let herself take a direct attack and pretty much laughed it off. And she never pulled out Yellow May either.

What I'm still a little confused about is why she's doing all this. She must have a vested interest in giving Baam and escape route. Does she need another 13 Month series that bad or is this about something else?
I have two ideas regarding this:

1.- The first would be that bam is related to the 13 months. Back when yuri ignited two of the weapons the two of them made a chant of sorts and said they were waiting for someone. Maybe that someone is for some reason bam and mascheny is aware of that.

2.- it isn't about bam at all. She doesn't care about him. Heck, if mascheny is serious about gathering the 13 months then bam might as well be her enemy. So this would be about yuri. Say the idea that repelista told mascheny about bam and yuri is correct. And then she gets the order to kill everyone within the hell train. Her bet with yuri suddenly is at risk of not happening. And who knows what happens to the 13 months then. We know zahard has a number of those, mascheny might even risk having to wait thousands of years until all the weapons are given to new princesses whom she'd then have to murder. So instead mascheny is using jinsung to save yuri under the guise of protecting bam.

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I would go with two, but If we are to take Data Mascheny as any indication of her outside self, I would guess there is some sort of involvement of her in dethroning Jahad, although its likely a better kept secret than even Gustang's.

Brian Taboada

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

1.- The first would be that bam is related to the 13 months. Back when yuri ignited two of the weapons the two of them made a chant of sorts and said they were waiting for someone. Maybe that someone is for some reason bam and mascheny is aware of that.

2.- it isn't about bam at all. She doesn't care about him. Heck, if mascheny is serious about gathering the 13 months then bam might as well be her enemy. So this would be about yuri. Say the idea that repelista told mascheny about bam and yuri is correct. And then she gets the order to kill everyone within the hell train. Her bet with yuri suddenly is at risk of not happening. And who knows what happens to the 13 months then. We know zahard has a number of those, mascheny might even risk having to wait thousands of years until all the weapons are given to new princesses whom she'd then have to murder. So instead mascheny is using jinsung to save yuri under the guise of protecting bam.
I dont buy it. If Mascheney's only concern was for the 13 months, then she would have gone to the hell train to kill Yuri and take Black March and Green April from her.

Mascheney is smart like most Koons. She also knows who Baam is and has been watching him from afar. She may not be a full onboard Baam fan, but she is definitely aware that he is something special and is not willing to just get rid of him. I tend to believe that Mascheney may still have some devotion to her family and is not a full on Zahard fanatic as she would lead you to believe. The hidden floor kind of hinted at this.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I would go with two, but If we are to take Data Mascheny as any indication of her outside self, I would guess there is some sort of involvement of her in dethroning Jahad, although its likely a better kept secret than even Gustang's.
I don't think mascheny's role during at the hidden floor necessarily hints at her wanting to dethrone zahard. To me mascheny came of more like a fighting nut. Her main motivation during the arc was basically to fight the strongest person she could. Even in the current chapter when she supposedly hits jinsung seriously I would argue that was a sort of slip up on her part due to her being excited at jinsung's strength. Basically mascheny gets off on fighting. Now, she clearly has an agenda now that goes beyond merely getting off on fighting which I would argue suggests that unlike her self at the hidden floor she has goals beyond fighting.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I dont buy it. If Mascheney's only concern was for the 13 months, then she would have gone to the hell train to kill Yuri and take Black March and Green April from her.

Mascheney is smart like most Koons. She also knows who Baam is and has been watching him from afar. She may not be a full onboard Baam fan, but she is definitely aware that he is something special and is not willing to just get rid of him. I tend to believe that Mascheney may still have some devotion to her family and is not a full on Zahard fanatic as she would lead you to believe. The hidden floor kind of hinted at this.
There are many possibilities... But seeing that mascheny has gone far enough to actually recruit regular princesses to her cause for some reason I wouldn't rule out her being serious at gathering the 13 months. Mascheny is playing a weird game here one way or the other.

Ripcord

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think mascheny's role during at the hidden floor necessarily hints at her wanting to dethrone zahard. To me mascheny came of more like a fighting nut. Her main motivation during the arc was basically to fight the strongest person she could. Even in the current chapter when she supposedly hits jinsung seriously I would argue that was a sort of slip up on her part due to her being excited at jinsung's strength. Basically mascheny gets off on fighting. Now, she clearly has an agenda now that goes beyond merely getting off on fighting which I would argue suggests that unlike her self at the hidden floor she has goals beyond fighting.

There are many possibilities... But seeing that mascheny has gone far enough to actually recruit regular princesses to her cause for some reason I wouldn't rule out her being serious at gathering the 13 months. Mascheny is playing a weird game here one way or the other.
Yeah she was a fighting nut but that was her front so that data Zahard didn’t suspect what was going on behind her (although Data Zahard knew everything anyway). It’s strikingly similar to how she is in the real Tower. She probably told Zahard “I’m not afraid of Jinsung let me fight him, it’ll be fun” and that’s completely in the scope of her personality, but not just because she likes to fight. Rather she jumps into certain fights to protect something else.

In fact, Maschenny was there when Enne was captured so most likely THAT is the source of her knowledge. Enne probably told Maschenny what’s up, basically “this is your destiny if you don’t resist,” and that sparked Maschenny’s new path (or cemented one she was already on). I wouldn’t be surprised if Maschenny knows about the bracelet and a way to unseal Enne, and the best way to get Yuri to go along with what she needs to accomplish her goals was the bet.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Yeah she was a fighting nut but that was her front so that data Zahard didn’t suspect what was going on behind her (although Data Zahard knew everything anyway). It’s strikingly similar to how she is in the real Tower. She probably told Zahard “I’m not afraid of Jinsung let me fight him, it’ll be fun” and that’s completely in the scope of her personality, but not just because she likes to fight. Rather she jumps into certain fights to protect something else.

In fact, Maschenny was there when Enne was captured so most likely THAT is the source of her knowledge. Enne probably told Maschenny what’s up, basically “this is your destiny if you don’t resist,” and that sparked Maschenny’s new path (or cemented one she was already on). I wouldn’t be surprised if Maschenny knows about the bracelet and a way to unseal Enne, and the best way to get Yuri to go along with what she needs to accomplish her goals was the bet.
I never really got the impression that mascheny was fighting for someone else during the fight at the hidden floor. Mascheny does not strike me at all like the type to care about the worthless peasants that dare exist in any reality that may or not be within her proximity. My impression during the hidden floor was that her entire endgame was exclusively to fight zahard's data, the rest was just something to do while she got the chance for the fight. Of course, current mascheny IS different from that considering her endgame seems to be elsewhere from a fight.

A way to unseal enne? Why is that a thing? We don't even have a reason to think unsealing enne would be difficult at this point. Nor that it would indeed be difficult. Given that she was driven insane for all we know its more of a question of whether you'd want to unseal her....

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I don't see Maschenny as someone who wants to betray Zahard. In the HF she wanted to fight him because of her love for battle and he was the strongest. I think she actually wants to gather all the 13LS weapons to win the contest and she is doing what she can for that.

GOOMOONRYONG

Reaction score
Country
United States

Hi.

This episode’s postscript will begin with a wild death sentence.

Yu Hansung is too difficult to draw, therefore he should be punished by death!

He has long hair when the weather is hot, therefore he should be punished by death!

Hahahahaha (says someone who said to like all of the characters in the previous episode’s postscript)

Anyway, this episode was about Baam who is better at showing anger than expected.. and the man in danger, Hansung..

Personally, I think Baam is a character who went through a lot of changes compared to the past

Depending on how you look at it, he might as well be one of the characters who goes through the most development? I think.

Previously he felt like he was defendant on Rachel, but now that is no longer the case

And it seems like he is finding a reason to fight, and a reason to climb the Tower.

In contrast to him, Rachel is more of a stagnant character.

Rather than trying to improve her strength, she was disheartened by her circumstances and tried to exploit her surroundings..

Also somehow, she is currently more possessed by the obsession to climb the tower than the reason why she climbs the tower..

I think those kind of things are widening the gap between Baam and her.

However, I do not think these are just Rachel’s problems,

I think if an ordinary person were to be placed in an extreme competition, anyone can surely act like Rachel.

Regardless of how the story progresses, the opposition, or the contrast between Baam and Rachel would be the core of Tower of God’s main story.

In my case, in a situation where the competition was fierce, I was the one who intentionally did not try my best, to comfort myself into thinking “I was just hiding my power.”

That’s right. I am actually hiding 50% of my power when doing manuscript..

...which would’ve been nice. I live a hard life doing as best as I can each day (bow bow)

About Hansung, well..

Good bye, Hansung.

You were a difficult character to draw.

I promise you won’t go far.

Fu fu.

Everyone, have a healthy and happy week

I wish you to have a week that your mind can still remain cool despite the hot weather

Hansung’s fate will be determined in next week.. Ha ha

Thank you!

Episode Comment

Hansung, let's make an appeal first.

Source.

Repellista maybe.
That was my first thought but there are still so many questions if it is her. Maybe all the princesses secretly want out of Zahard's regime and this is the perfect opportunity to do so. Or maybe Maschenny is after something or was promised something by Repellista if she helped out. Too much going on to make sense of it all haha

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Gotta comment on mascheny's spear this chapter though. Can we assume that 3 horned lightning spear is her shinsoo quality/shape? As in, something comparable to aguero's lightning spear? Because if it is, I love it. It's a bit of a ridiculous weapon for a koon. It has what looks like a bang at the end which would seem to suggest this is a spear meant to be used as a shinsoo enhancement tool. Perhaps this is more specific than an orb though. The orb is meant to enhance shinsoo in all of its forms, in turn mascheny's spear is meant specifically for lightning attacks. I wonder if this spear can be used for regular spearbearing though. I guess mascheny could also have a regular lightning spear she can use to throw around.

Is it me or did SIU's art felt sort of awkward this chapter? Mascheny just looks weird to me.

Also, jinsung mentions the word "spearmaster". Is that correct? Or did he just say spearbearer?

GOOMOONRYONG

Reaction score
Country
United States

That is immediately what I thought when they had that discussion. Maybe Repellista spilled the beans to Maschenny and what she really wants is a fight with Zahard. That would be ridiculous but also really funny.

Ripcord

Reaction score
Country
United States
I never really got the impression that mascheny was fighting for someone else during the fight at the hidden floor. Mascheny does not strike me at all like the type to care about the worthless peasants that dare exist in any reality that may or not be within her proximity. My impression during the hidden floor was that her entire endgame was exclusively to fight zahard's data, the rest was just something to do while she got the chance for the fight. Of course, current mascheny IS different from that considering her endgame seems to be elsewhere from a fight.

A way to unseal enne? Why is that a thing? We don't even have a reason to think unsealing enne would be difficult at this point. Nor that it would indeed be difficult. Given that she was driven insane for all we know its more of a question of whether you'd want to unseal her....
Umm. She was helping Eduan distract Zahard so the other group could sneak through and get the mirror. Data Maschenny told Zahard she just wanted to fight him (and maybe that’s true) but she could have done that any time. Instead she made the most of that desire and chance to help Eduan and everyone else. It was a rather selfless gesture since she knew she would “die.” She knew what it would take to keep Zahard engage so she talked about a healthy fight, which he loved and so he drew it out so that both of them could enjoy it.

Take that intelligence to the fight with Jinsung Ha now. He’s being told something, a story of sorts, to get him to act a certain way. Hard to say if it benefits Bam or not, time will tell. Rest assured just like AA manipulated Quant, Maschenny seems fully capable of similar feats of getting other people to do what she wants. She is a tactical and manipulative genius. :gaw

And regarding the art, I think it is a little messy or perhaps grittier. Jinsung’s lines were not so consistent but I wonder if that’s because SIU is trying to shift the drawing style to feel more mature as the story matures or our heroes do. Rachel’s appearance has been strange too. It isn’t the first time he’s shifted a character design. Boro and Sachi look quite a bit different from when we first saw them and since Bam entered the HF he’s had moments where he looked a little like an older version of himself.

Gotta comment on mascheny's spear this chapter though. Can we assume that 3 horned lightning spear is her shinsoo quality/shape? As in, something comparable to aguero's lightning spear? Because if it is, I love it. It's a bit of a ridiculous weapon for a koon. It has what looks like a bang at the end which would seem to suggest this is a spear meant to be used as a shinsoo enhancement tool. Perhaps this is more specific than an orb though. The orb is meant to enhance shinsoo in all of its forms, in turn mascheny's spear is meant specifically for lightning attacks. I wonder if this spear can be used for regular spearbearing though. I guess mascheny could also have a regular lightning spear she can use to throw around.

Is it me or did SIU's art felt sort of awkward this chapter? Mascheny just looks weird to me.

Also, jinsung mentions the word "spearmaster". Is that correct? Or did he just say spearbearer?
Yes her spear is amazing. I bet that is her shinsoo shape. Hard to say if she can throw it but it does seem to function as a conduit for releasing concentrated electrical shinsoo. I love it too. :jawdrop

Probably the translation should have been spear bearer.

Last edited:

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
If Mascheny was indeed a fighting nut, instead of warning Jinsung she would continue. She is nuts for fighting, but firstly, she is a strategist. She was in the HF for ages, she did want to fight Jahad to death, but she did It in the exact right time where It would be beneficial. She did both: satisfy her pleasure and try to help the guys to Cross over to the Mirror at the end. The fact she enjoys fighting is not a negation of what she was actually doing. We just Saw It explicitly in this chapter, rubbed in our faces.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
If Mascheny was indeed a fighting nut, instead of warning Jinsung she would continue. She is nuts for fighting, but firstly, she is a strategist. She was in the HF for ages, she did want to fight Jahad to death, but she did It in the exact right time where It would be beneficial. She did both: satisfy her pleasure and try to help the guys to Cross over to the Mirror at the end. The fact she enjoys fighting is not a negation of what she was actually doing. We just Saw It explicitly in this chapter, rubbed in our faces.
Data mascheny fought data zahard to death the moment she got a chance to. It wasn't an option to fight him earlier than that. by the time she got to the hidden floor data zahard was likely already within the hidden hidden floor and thus beyond the reach of data mascheny. Mascheny didn't bide her time to fight him. Such a thing wouldn't even make sense, what would she have been bidding her time for before bam and co showed up? This was literally the one chance mascheny had to fight zahard and she took it.

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Data mascheny fought data zahard to death the moment she got a chance to. It wasn't an option to fight him earlier than that. by the time she got to the hidden floor data zahard was likely already within the hidden hidden floor and thus beyond the reach of data mascheny. Mascheny didn't bide her time to fight him. Such a thing wouldn't even make sense, what would she have been bidding her time for before bam and co showed up? This was literally the one chance mascheny had to fight zahard and she took it.
Still, doesn't mean she was driven solely on that intention. One person can have many goals, specially If its a Koon.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I just thought I'd mention that on my tablet one of those advertisement notifications i keep forgetting to turn off came up for this chapter via the Line app. It said, and this is a direct quote. "YOUR GOING TO HATE RACHEL" :XD

Whoever wrote that.. good job.:tem

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

Lady pompom

Hell Kaiser Ryo
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Baam has grown up so much while Rachel keeps playing the rebel teen role with her "world is unfair". Mantine can't hurt Baam with his new powers it seems. I'm still wondering if that creature has other purposes besides acting as Rachel's bodyguard while she carries the bracelet.

Maschenny doesn't look like she wanted to fight Jinsung for real like in data Maschenny case with Zahard. Maybe that's related to her bet with Yuri so she can pick Black March and Green April... Or maybe, she thinks Baam will be useful for her goal somehow, Black march was used by Baam once.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm split on the subject of Maschenny's loyalty to Zahard or lack thereof.

On the one hand her actions can be read as competitiveness. She wants to increase her status as a princess and getting more 13 month series makes sense as a way to do that. That would frame her as kind of a ruthless, bends the rules for her benefit, type of person.

On the other she's going against a direct order handed down from Zahard. If she really is trying to assist Baam or his group, which it certainly seems like she is, then she's undermining him. That suggest very low loyalty to Zahard provided she's not conning Jinsung here.

Thinking about it there are a lot of possible motives for her to do what she's doing.

• She could be working for Eduan
  • She could be working for Gustang
  • She could be trying to help Yuri
  • She could just want to steal Yuri's 13 months
  • She could have some undisclosed duty or relationship with Aguero
  • She could be leading Jinsung into a trap (maybe Adori will be at the train)
  • She could be like Garam and knows about Arlen and is doing her own thing.