Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
anything less than 3 cour is pretty much confirmed to be a rushed mess. 3 cour itself is already pushing it.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
I wonder how long it'll be until we get an episode count for Zumou.
In the worst case scenario, we won't even know while the anime has been airing for a while. But that's the worst case, so it can happen at any time really.
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It looks like Boku no Hero movie is giving the manga a boost in sales.

Boku no Hero 1kk seller incoming.

12 eps. 3 vols per episode.
This is bait.TomHardy.gif
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Shows like Ippo covered around 30-ish volumes in just it's first season but was still amazing. It had great directing & soundtrack by Tsuneo Imahori to sell it really well so "rushed content" can be done well. Then again HZ doesn't have that :( (Tsuneo Imahori doing the soundtrack for HZ would be heavenly).

For KnY, I wonder how they'll handle the series pacing issues at the start and if they'll copy and paste a staff from one of their recent shows (I hope not).
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
:emocat Why are you like this? Time doesn't heal all wounds.

:snidely I'll pay you back 6 months after HZ anime ended.
Hey, I love Houshin Engi too :emocat.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,558
Reaction score
11,297
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Let's say that the reason for the mini summaries during the Reverie was obvious XD
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Amano still has it. Serialization please!!! I need to see Haru win the InterHigh and friendship.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I feel like a shuiesha magazine where successful veterans can publish serialization with full freedom and at their own schedule would be a good idea(idk how released would be scheduled though).

Similar to Image Comics in America
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I feel like a shuiesha magazine where successful veterans can publish serialization with full freedom and at their own schedule would be a good idea(idk how released would be scheduled though).

Similar to Image Comics in America
do you really want a magazine with only veterans? would get tiring to not have new faces and new directions new people bring to the table.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
do you really want a magazine with only veterans? would get tiring to not have new faces and new directions new people bring to the table.
I like seeing new faces in Jump. Personally I get more excited to see newcomers, and promising mangaka who have yet to get their first big hit whenever we have a new serialization round.
Seeing most veterans don't excite me as much
I feel like once you're a veteran who's made a big name for themselve you earned more space and freedom.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I like seeing new faces in Jump. Personally I get more excited to see newcomers, and promising mangaka who have yet to get their first big hit whenever we have a new serialization round.
Seeing most veterans don't excite me as much
I feel like once you're a veteran who's made a big name for themselve you earned more space and freedom.
How do we define what a veteran is? Is someone who has one big hit a veteran more than someone with three small mangas? or is it just time based?
 

Serinox

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
4,783
Country
Dragonstone
The sports fest was 2.5 times bigger than planned? What? It was just going to be like 5 chapters?!
Not quite, but almost. Horikoshi said at the end of Volume 5 that he planned 2 chapters for the obstacle race, 1 chapter for in-between stuff, 2 chapters for the cavalry battle and then 5 chapters for the main torunament.
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
we are blessed with clean images this time





should had finished earlier if not for invade you constantly not registering its keyword
 
Last edited:

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
They all look adorable. I love those type of covers.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I feel like a shuiesha magazine where successful veterans can publish serialization with full freedom and at their own schedule would be a good idea(idk how released would be scheduled though).

Similar to Image Comics in America
Image Comics was created by writers and artists after they got out of Marvel and DC tho Mangaka can do that if they want to but it's going to be difficult
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Does it mention specifically that it's worldwide and digital? I'm asking because we recently got a print number for Clover and you only mentioned it being series (manga + novel). I'm wondering if that number includes digital or if there's a difference between this Neverland print number and that Clover print number.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top