Games Mafia Game 66 - Hunter x Hunter: End game

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Huh? And what makes you sure?
Look at the hosts we got and tell me again they wouldn't go for serial killer and give him like OP powers the longer the game goes on. xD
Though tbh I expected a Shapeshifter with those guys.

Well, could have been an unlucky Insane Doc kill but so far we got no "oops, I protected dead townie 1 or dead townie 2 yet they still died on night 1 I might be naive Doc" comment so I doubt that. 2 100% sure kill actions done by mafias or 3rd roles make more sense.

Also another thing that GrySun already pointed out: With Night Phase starting we got players who didn't even got the chance to post even once! And two players who couldn't even start playing, expect ofc sending a night action but now we never know which ones for example the BK invited tonight.
So yeah, not a huge fan of that change. Though I can see why they did so.^^
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,321
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Shame to lose Cres (what of our rivalry :() and Asako this already. Starting with a Night Phase sure is different. Atm, I'd assume they were killed based of recent games. It's noteworthy but that line of reasoning can't take us that far. Theorizing bout what happened last night is also kinda tough atm. Number of possible scenarios are quite large but I think it's a good idea to get everyone's opinion on what might have happened, and why they think Jinx and Asako were targeted.
Mine is, prolly Jinx was killed because of her performance last game. Mafia saw her as a threat. As for Asako, currently I'm wondering if hosts trolled by making her a time bomb that explodes night one. However, I don't think that happening and a second mafia/TP will make sense. Still, the fact that she was time bomb makes me curious tbh.

I also agree that the penalty rule shouldn't be considered much atm. But I can imagine this might become valuable in the end game, least suspected players will be more likely to talk. We should ignore that for now though so it doesn't lead to much spam
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
I am back but I can tell if my memory doesn't betray me I haven't got this role before.
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,083
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall

As the Hunter Association Chairman, I gathered you here to deal with an important matter ! there are some evil nen users that need to be annihilated.



Here are the data i can provide you, about the nen of everyone gathering here, make good use of this precious infos* !


Aizen as Phinks -> passive role
Arjuna as Nobunaga -> Said never got the role before
Asako as Kalluto -> Killed on N1 - Time Bomb
Crescent Jinx as Feitan-> Killed on N1 - Barkeeper

Demonspeed as Franklin - Active role
desin24 as Shalnark -> he's not one of those who got a headstart.
EmptySoul as Shizuku -> Never had this role before
Erinyes as Isaac -> Seiyaku x Seiyaku, fits my character.
Farfalla as Machi -> passive and she had this before (and this last part is not useless).
gnut as Bonolenov -> Passive role, might have it previously, not strong role but could be good for town
GrySun as Killua ->
Hardy as Kurapika ->
Holt as Kortopi ->
James Rye as Amane ->
kato as Abengane ->
Lambu as Ging ->
Seraph as Gon -> He s a package deal
shinobi as Zeno -> Active role
SonOfDaws as Pakunoda ->
syx as Uvogin ->
Takuan as Pariston ->
Vandred as Leorio -> Something related to a meme role in a game he hosted.



Night actions :
N.1 :

*if something is missing, feel free to notify me at #IsaacneterosHunterassociationchairman, and i will fix it Asap


 

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
7,113
Country
Imperium of Mankind
You're impatient it seems,i never said this was all i prepared.There is more than just giving hints to this game but i don't need to tell you that.:catshrug

No you're questioning because for some reason you're under the impression that i am a Mafia Member,that reason apparently being that i used the Time that the Hosts gave us(basically :nerd) to prepare a few things. :notlikethis
So you prepared more than the hint for your role last night, when we didn't know anything about the game or the other players yet? Some busy role you must have.

Not for me no,if nobody can guess what i am then that works entirely in my favor as Mafia/Third Party would have to take a risk(depending on my Role) if it'd be wise for them to kill me or potentially risk losing one of their own.Which by extension can keep me alive for awhile.:lambirb
:eyeroll I didn't think I'd need to explain this again after all this time... but alright. Not talking just about you at this point.

Hinting early helps the town. The one disadvantage all the scum have is that they need to fake a role. The earlier they're led into a limiting frame that doesn't allow to claim whatever works best on D4 or whatever, the harder is going to be for them to fool the others. That's the theory, yes?

So "active role", "never had this before" when you've had two townie roles, "I like pizza" <- those are worthless hints. Since the mafia knows who's with them, hinting active or passive is more helpful for the scum than the town either way, since they can just choose the targets they prefer.

Nobody is expected to hint that they "feel like they'll be able to confirm people" or similar stuff that would make them an obvious target, but leaving a hint that can be verified once you reveal in as focused a way as possible is what the whole hinting business is about. Otherwise, there would be no need to do this at all.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,600
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Finally back. That sure took a while. Backreading soon, but first.

Baka @Gry-Kun, so you don't even feel anything that I died, after saying hopefully you won't get killed.
Just analyzing my death without any feelings
Nooooooooooooooooo Asakoooooooooooo :emocat:emocat:emocat:emocat Come back :emocat:emocat:emocat:emocat



...better? :rolleyes: Didn't have much time and wanted to point out my first thoughts, and Cres' death overshadowed yours since I know her more. Would be same for many others had they died instead of you in that post. But I never forget all the dead people who have to bite the bullet for the rest of us, mafia is a team game, no one person can win it. We will all carry on for everyone who dies. :hug

Now don't make me go all sentimental again :hmph
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,600
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Finally!! Have to say starting with a night phase was kawaii ^ ^
RIP Asako & Crescent !! who didn't get the chance to say anything here!!
First gotta point out, you are very different than you were in the previous games :hmm Very giddy and talkative. Not just this post I'm quoting but most of them. Randomly trying something new, or..?
You mean in your mafia pad with your buddies? Or are you scum on your own? :)


Seeing how I'm fair and kind-hearted like the man in my avy, I'll give a better one than yours. :derp

It's something of a meme role from one of the games I hosted.
You as well are different. Reminding me of good old Vandred, before he was mason a few times too many :zomg Just quoting this post, but mean all your ones talking to Seraph are very interesting, I think he misspoke with the "making up his hint" and you found a mafia :lmao WYIS style.

Getting worried for Threesome Candidates is cute too :blush
Thanks, I'm such a nice and thoughtful person I know :blush But yeah, this rule seems mostly insignificant unless there's a lot more to it. Are half the players lovers, or traitors? :lmao
 

desin24

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2013
Messages
1,415
Reaction score
5,425
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
To add to the hints, my role is active.

This annoying rule of the posts numbers :lmao
Did you get to use your role during the surprise night?
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,600
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
At least those are the only more important secondary roles we have.
 

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,373
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
So you prepared more than the hint for your role last night, when we didn't know anything about the game or the other players yet? Some busy role you must have.
Stop trying to taunt me with lines like that please. I said regarding my Preparation and Hints what needed to be said,if you wanna make fun of it then be my guest. :catshrug

:eyeroll I didn't think I'd need to explain this again after all this time... but alright. Not talking just about you at this point.

Hinting early helps the town. The one disadvantage all the scum have is that they need to fake a role. The earlier they're led into a limiting frame that doesn't allow to claim whatever works best on D4 or whatever, the harder is going to be for them to fool the others. That's the theory, yes?

So "active role", "never had this before" when you've had two townie roles, "I like pizza" <- those are worthless hints. Since the mafia knows who's with them, hinting active or passive is more helpful for the scum than the town either way, since they can just choose the targets they prefer.

Nobody is expected to hint that they "feel like they'll be able to confirm people" or similar stuff that would make them an obvious target, but leaving a hint that can be verified once you reveal in as focused a way as possible is what the whole hinting business is about. Otherwise, there would be no need to do this at all.
First of all,sorry for not having been around whenever you explained it the first time but i couldn't help it as i was most likely not playing said Game so i didn't have any other choice but bring this up here.:hi
Secondly:
>I hinted early. Very early.
>My Hint had nothing in common with your Examples.
>Please don't forget that some Town Roles should have a Cover Up for their actual Role as well,for example Detectives and/or Doctors as they play an Important Role and shouldn't become targets until later in the Game if at all so they do need a Cover and not just Mafia Members etc.
>I'm a package Deal,what could that mean? If i leave the Stage someone else will follow. I guess my hint just became "useful".
 

desin24

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2013
Messages
1,415
Reaction score
5,425
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
I have an active role that I'm pretty sure I never had. Also even if my name can be read as "Healing dick" in portuguese, I'm no doctor.
Definitely loled at the Kurapika joke, I never realised that somehow.
First gotta point out, you are very different than you were in the previous games :hmm Very giddy and talkative. Not just this post I'm quoting but most of them. Randomly trying something new, or..?


You as well are different. Reminding me of good old Vandred, before he was mason a few times too many :zomg Just quoting this post, but mean all your ones talking to Seraph are very interesting, I think he misspoke with the "making up his hint" and you found a mafia :lmao WYIS style.



Thanks, I'm such a nice and thoughtful person I know :blush But yeah, this rule seems mostly insignificant unless there's a lot more to it. Are half the players lovers, or traitors? :lmao
Poor lovers, my sincere condolences to any existing lovers but I agree with the sentiment. I expect all possible secondary roles to be sent out. Most likely with troll-ish intentions.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,600
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Lol that would have been incredible xD the curse goes even further.



I see where you're coming from with this. I personally voiced how amazed i was by Cres last game, and she prevented my team to win, so i can see why you'd think this.
Though personally, if i could kill at night i'd rather target people that live long while remaining mainly unsuspected. Like, if we take last game's example, if i were mafia i'd rather kill Belserion than Cres.

But yeah of course, i can understand you tbh. That doesn't really help my cause at all i guess, but yeah. Cres impressed me quite a lot last game for sure.
We have a different definition of incredible. Why you want to see me suffer Taku? :emobirb

That's a lot more of an understanding and non-agitated reply than I'd have expected of you tbh :grumble Usually you always react badly to any suspicion. Getting better I see.
Still think there's a big reason to taking out Cres immediately. It would have to be someone from last game who played, and makes the most sense for you or Kato to do it considering what she did to you. There's more people who were impressed by Cres' play, but doubt anyone would single her out like that right away unless there was more involved in it, like losing the previous game.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
No i am saying it would be the logical thing for me to do if i was to have such a Role. I like to organize and plan ahead of things,not because my possible Affiliation or Role forces me to but because that is the sort of Person i am.:catshrug

Yeah i can give a hint and i did give a hint,why not try getting something out of that first before continuing your questioning of me that is merely based on my asking others to give hints? :lambirb
My Hint is useful too you just need to think outside the box for this one,my first hint in the last game didn't get out until i revealed myself despite it being painfully obvious in the end. My Hint isn't less useful just because nobody gets it you know? :catshrug
While planning ahead makes sense Seraph, planning ahead a hint means you want to make sure it's good so people buy it. And only people lying about their hints should feel the need to be convincing right away like that, especially with very vague hints that can go any which way. :grumble I wouldn't have problems with people giving confusing hints, that's what most people always do and I accepted it, mr. hungry :XD But the part about planning ahead how you behave at day feels off.
 

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,373
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
You as well are different. Reminding me of good old Vandred, before he was mason a few times too many :zomg Just quoting this post, but mean all your ones talking to Seraph are very interesting, I think he misspoke with the "making up his hint" and you found a mafia :lmao WYIS style.
And i'd say he is making a Mistake. He himself admitted that he made his Hint up on the Spot,how does that make him any less suspicious?
While planning ahead makes sense Seraph, planning ahead a hint means you want to make sure it's good so people buy it. And only people lying about their hints should feel the need to be convincing right away like that, especially with very vague hints that can go any which way. :grumble I wouldn't have problems with people giving confusing hints, that's what most people always do and I accepted it, mr. hungry :XD But the part about planning ahead how you behave at day feels off.
If i was a Doctor or a Detective,then i would need a Cover up as well no? a Believable Cover Up? I don't understand how making use of an unexpected turn makes me any more suspicious than anyone else.
Not to mention there are players that have said nothing yet,i only tried getting the game started and now i ended up in an Interrogation.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,600
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
My avatar face really reflects how I felt looking up at night 1 results with day 1 skipped.

Anyway, im out of creativity for this starting post.

What are the scenarios that could lead to this double death on day 1?

PLS no serial killer again
Same as always, two killing parties probably. Which, considering our hosts' last game had 3 mafia groups, is fine by me :XD Though I very much prefer 1-mafia games because it's easier chaining together lynches, so this could be a serial killer too. But then again Umineko kills got blocked often so we didn't have 3 kills first night iirc.
Frankly I wouldn't even bother thinking about the setup until much later, could be anything with copan. Just hope it's balanced somehow, since mafia start with being able to kill, and I don't think that's offset by town having an early night unless there's a lot of active roles.
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,083
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
And i'd say he is making a Mistake. He himself admitted that he made his Hint up on the Spot,how does that make him any less suspicious?

If i was a Doctor or a Detective,then i would need a Cover up as well no? a Believable Cover Up? I don't understand how making use of an unexpected turn makes me any more suspicious than anyone else.
Not to mention there are players that have said nothing yet,i only tried getting the game started and now i ended up in an Interrogation.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
i will fix the list in a couple of hours :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top