Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it?:amuse
we'll still get it. If next round has some series that gets a niche here and Viz doesn't pick it up people will still whine about them failing despite Viz actually having survey data and such and us just having random comments of less than 100 people
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I remember Kimetsu flopped hard in France. Maybe after the anime it gets better recognition outside Japan. Without counting Jujutsu, Kimetsu no Yaiba is the Jump manga with less repercusion outside Japan.
What? I thought france is a major market, how could it flop.
 

nonowa

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2017
Messages
222
Reaction score
141
Age
36
Country
Mexico
I liked Ichigo 100% more than of the recent romcoms. Also, Tsukasa was the right choice.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,556
Reaction score
11,297
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Here in Italy, Kimetsu has never really arrived, if we put it this way ....
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
we'll still get it. If next round has some series that gets a niche here and Viz doesn't pick it up people will still whine about them failing despite Viz actually having survey data and such and us just having random comments of less than 100 people
But @OtterBrigade Jujutsu had great volume numbers so Viz should drop everything they're doing and pick it up! Its the next Bleach! :eyeroll
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
Ah sorry I forgot! A series sales in Japan will be the exact same here!
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
Black Clover= 8

KnY= 15

But the second is raised, lol..


You have to see the results of the whole month, plus as already mentioned there are many other factors around.

Type the fact that the Jump have debuted a few days, or delays in shipments due to the problems of floods ....

Ehm, BC have the big number.....


In fact, there are no drops, they are the usual numbers ... there are simply other factors involved ...

I give up,
quoted to save space and reduce the clutter

Yes BC have a bigger number, therefore more copies of sales to make up.

yes, we just gotten two weeks of sales for both since they both came out on the same day so not enough data,

Yes there are other factors,

But that is not the point!

the calculations are specifically for 10 days sales of the latest volume compared to a previous volume that also have 10 days of sales,

1 series have a positive VoV
another have a negative VoV

does that mean the positive series is doing better than the negative one? NO! NO! especially in absolute units!

you cannot even said the series with negative VoV is performing badly, you can implied it and give reasons as to why but you can't say it is performing badly which people here are not saying that, they just mention that there is an observable drop,

you kept saying where is the drop?

well BC17 sold less in 10 days than BC15 did in the same period of time, why? multiple of reasons, but it still ultimately sold less thus by definition a DROP in sales,


you can completely ignore KNY and it is still the same, the reason it was included because it had a positive VoV after 10 days even though it had a negative VoV for the 1st week.


You could mention that BC 17 sold more than BC 15 on its 2nd week therefore better legs

you could even mention BC17 more than doubled it sales from the first week(7day to 3 days though)

but you kept going denying people saying it dropped,

BC 17 could even eclipsed BC 15 in sales next week but it would not change the fact it still sold less in 10 days!

and don't try to include digital in this because the data is for physical and what is available for observation is that!


an opinion on sales discussion is not about what numbers are, that is fact!

if you want to give opinions it's on why it happen, what could happen next week and so on,

reasons doesn't change numbers, numbers give reasons.

I can't even...

why do I even do this, it just simple math, It can be forgiven if you can't read the chart, so I try to laid it out neatly, but that seem pointless on my part now, sorry to others because cluttering the thread.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
In Malaysia we get nothing, just bootlegs, (okay we have some, but none from Jumps)

we do get imports easily enough but from what I see the locals wants them in Malay,

I can't stand bootlegs because it's basically giving money to people who profit from others,
 
Last edited:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
In Malaysia we get nothing, just bootlegs, (okay we have some, but none from Jumps)
but its incredibly cheap to import from jpn, and also isnt it incredibly easy for Malaysia people to learn and speak JPN. Most should just buy and read JPN manga/anime.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Kimetsu's anime designs looks more polished than the manga, it still looks a bit rough tho. It's not bad IMO and sure it would've been better if ufotable would've been able to recreate the manga's designs but if they can handle the comedy/emotional scenes well then it could be a pretty big hit.

Also Kimetsu's manga art improves a lot throughout the series. It's not bad, maybe in the start it can look like that. I actually think the rough art helps the series and goes well with it being more of a "historical manga" taking place in the Taisho period/era. Also, like many of you mentioned, the anime doesn't really reflect that and is a missed opportunity.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Didnt the author of Mitsubuki Condor and Amalgam do a project in Giga?
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
But what are Kimetsu and Bleach like? Have I always seen it as the 2.0 version of Inuyasha.
The pacing(well, bleach is far slower) , the villains looks like aizen/arrancars , the protagonist looks like the character interaction pre-Soul Society saga and the art says "it's cool" when you read it.
Nothing big, tho.
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
but its incredibly cheap to import from jpn, and also isnt it incredibly easy for Malaysia people to learn and speak JPN. Most should just buy and read JPN manga/anime.
Kinda, the currency doesn't really help.

No, well technically it is easier for people of the surrounding region to get the pronunciation of Japanese word right (kinda like how most of our English are heavily accented) but Japanese language is really hard.

I'm working on it.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
But what are Kimetsu and Bleach like? Have I always seen it as the 2.0 version of Inuyasha.
Inuyasha is pretty bad. I don't know how the manga is but the anime from what I remembered was a lot of "monsters of the week" and them catching up with Naraku, only for him to run away. Rinse and repeat. Sango was the only saving grace of that show :cheez:super

Kimetsu was like a "monster of the week" for the first few chapters but it changed that format really quick.
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I liked Ichigo 100% more than of the recent romcoms. Also, Tsukasa was the right choice.
No, she wasn't. :( 100% Ichigo was my first romcom and romance and man, I was so sad that she won. I never had the same feeling again because of it but oh boy, how it hurt at the time.

I had like 12 or 13 years at the time tho
 

nonowa

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2017
Messages
222
Reaction score
141
Age
36
Country
Mexico
Kimetsu started slowly and sales reflected this even in Japan. I wonder if the anime will move around some events and compress a lot of the first part of the story.
 

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
I came back with 6 unread pages and I thought that the TOC came out. I can't believe y'all did this to me.

It didn't do great in America either unfortunately. Its best just wait until the anime is released. I know this is a bit of an extreme case but the Attack On Titan manga was licensed before the anime aired and didn't do well initially then blew up big time after it aired and volume one is still in the top selling manga charts after 5 years. Anything can happen to turn thing around.
I hope it doesn't flop here because I already ordered the first 3 volumes and I'm ready for the long haul now that I have a more stable income.

Didnt the author of Mitsubuki Condor and Amalgam do a project in Giga?
I hope he comes back because I really liked Condor. With some polish it coukdvco been really good.

Kimetsu was like a "monster of the week" for the first few chapters but it changed that format really quick.
Now it's more like "monster of the month" lol
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top