Life - The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 3 | Page 84 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Life The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 3

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Joker
I'm not suicidal, but don't have much desire to live either. However, I'm so at the end of my emotional rope that I'm not sure how much longer I can hold on before engaging in non-life threatening self harmful behaviors.
I hurt so badley (emotionally) that I find it hard to breathe. I find myself trying to hide the tears in my eyes at work and then at home . I don't even feel like I can work anymore, but my body shows up almost every day even though I feel that it's taking a major toll on my mental health, or lack there of. I have issues with the boring work I'm doing and with how people treat each other in our facility as a whole...actually that goes for this whole bloody town...which I can't seem to get out of.
I know it's hard when you're emotionally hurt but all you have to do is to forget what made you feel like that, eventually time will heal you and makes you stronger.

I suggest you take a break from your work or quit if it really not helping your current state and bring more harm. Maybe find a new job with new people.

I hope you overcome this hardship and recover soon.

TheMoa

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I'm not suicidal, but don't have much desire to live either. However, I'm so at the end of my emotional rope that I'm not sure how much longer I can hold on before engaging in non-life threatening self harmful behaviors.
I hurt so badley (emotionally) that I find it hard to breathe. I find myself trying to hide the tears in my eyes at work and then at home . I don't even feel like I can work anymore, but my body shows up almost every day even though I feel that it's taking a major toll on my mental health, or lack there of. I have issues with the boring work I'm doing and with how people treat each other in our facility as a whole...actually that goes for this whole bloody town...which I can't seem to get out of.
I can relate to that. The last decade passed so fast for me in some senses, but at the same time some parts of it were excruciating slow that I feel like I'm trapped on a loop.
I relate in the sense that I hate my work, but I don't think the problem is my work. Everyday I get home late and my mind just isn't right, it´s like my energy gets so low that I don't have the will to do any other of my responsabilities. I don't open my school books, I skip my morning classes eve though I'm a 20 minute walk from the classroom... I just lay wake there feeling like I dont have the energy to get out of bed (but I'm not sleeping either).

And so I keep working to pay my bills to finish college even though my job kind makes me not wanting to go to college and life has been going on like that for years.

It's not like I don't have fun or am incapable to feel happiness, but every good moment feels like a tiny moment moment on a life of struggle, like I'm annt on a colony working for the amusement of some curious prick. Sometimes it´s just like... "what's the point?". So sometimes I feel like quitting everything and hitting the road wandering with no goal in sight.

Most of the people that are close doesn't even notice it, my social life works just fine, I have my group of friends, go out with my girls... hell, people usually comes to me for advice or to vent their own frustrations.. but every year that goes by feels like it gets harder

GB

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
I can relate to that. The last decade passed so fast for me in some senses, but at the same time some parts of it were excruciating slow that I feel like I'm trapped on a loop.
I relate in the sense that I hate my work, but I don't think the problem is my work. Everyday I get home late and my mind just isn't right, it´s like my energy gets so low that I don't have the will to do any other of my responsabilities. I don't open my school books, I skip my morning classes eve though I'm a 20 minute walk from the classroom... I just lay wake there feeling like I dont have the energy to get out of bed (but I'm not sleeping either).

And so I keep working to pay my bills to finish college even though my job kind makes me not wanting to go to college and life has been going on like that for years.

It's not like I don't have fun or am incapable to feel happiness, but every good moment feels like a tiny moment moment on a life of struggle, like I'm annt on a colony working for the amusement of some curious prick. Sometimes it´s just like... "what's the point?". So sometimes I feel like quitting everything and hitting the road wandering with no goal in sight.

Most of the people that are close doesn't even notice it, my social life works just fine, I have my group of friends, go out with my girls... hell, people usually comes to me for advice or to vent their own frustrations.. but every year that goes by feels like it gets harder
yeah very relatable but atleast you have a group of friends you can maybe confide in if you ever feel like you need some help, i cant say myself that my work is the cause of it all,maybe i phrased it wrong, but dont really see the point in anything, kinda going through the motions. i hope u finish ur college and life gets better for you.

FairyGod

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Aww :(…you need a hug :hug.Have you tried finding an activity to get your mind off of whatever is stressing you? I went through my first heart break a couple months ago. I was left devastated and felt heart broken everyday. binge watching the anime and manga I was on a hiatus for this summer had really helped me get my mind off of some of the stress I've been through. I think maybe finding something fun to do with friends would help you get your mind off of whatever is stressing you.

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
Stop giving him kiddie advice like 'binge watch sth' or 'distract yourself'. He needs a new environment and throwing yourself at another time sink is just a quick fix that turns bad quicker than you think. Do you honestly think one turns depraved just because of lack of a little stress relief :-_-

Evil3ye

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Find a new hobby and meet different people.

Elusia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I feel that it might be a little too early to talk about this, since graduation is not here yet, but it's been in the back of my mind whenever I'm studying in school, either for certain lessons/quizzes/tests, or for upcoming college exams. For the past weeks or even months, I've been thinking a whole lot.

It's the last year of my highschool life, and I need to get ready for college especially now since it is time for enrollment, but, there are some things in mind....I want to be in this college that my brother is currently studying, but I have this paranoia that I'm not gonna be a student there again. I'm unsure what's my second choice in choosing a school to the point where I just pick where it's good in my parents' eyes and perfect for my course. I'm unsure of my own specific course, telling my parents that maybe I don't want to be journalist and more of Communication Arts/Creative Writing. And most of all, I can't decide whether to have a job early or just keep on studying. There's also this anxiety in me to pass the grades in this school year so I can graduate. The pressure is honestly more frightening than last year.

I feel lost and I honestly don't know what to do, and I guess the best thing I can do for the moment is just keep on looking for more colleges that is good to me and study more, hoping that I somehow find a way. I would just keep on striding...

gnut

Reaction score
Country
United States
I feel that it might be a little too early to talk about this, since graduation is not here yet, but it's been in the back of my mind whenever I'm studying in school, either for certain lessons/quizzes/tests, or for upcoming college exams. For the past weeks or even months, I've been thinking a whole lot.

It's the last year of my highschool life, and I need to get ready for college especially now since it is time for enrollment, but, there are some things in mind....I want to be in this college that my brother is currently studying, but I have this paranoia that I'm not gonna be a student there again. I'm unsure what's my second choice in choosing a school to the point where I just pick where it's good in my parents' eyes and perfect for my course. I'm unsure of my own specific course, telling my parents that maybe I don't want to be journalist and more of Communication Arts/Creative Writing. And most of all, I can't decide whether to have a job early or just keep on studying. There's also this anxiety in me to pass the grades in this school year so I can graduate. The pressure is honestly more frightening than last year.

I feel lost and I honestly don't know what to do, and I guess the best thing I can do for the moment is just keep on looking for more colleges that is good to me and study more, hoping that I somehow find a way. I would just keep on striding...
Its ok....long as the decision is ok with you.
Cant make life decision according to who will be pleased with you or not.
Take your time and pick a few alternates that you are good with....but hopefully you get to attend the one you want.
But honestly....this is not a big problem dear:comfort

Good luck:super

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
@Elusia, you don’t have to have everything figured out before you get to college. Part of the experience is actually learning more about yourself. What’s the most important is not to blink away your last year in high school for something in the future as it will come when it comes. This last year won’t be something you get back so enjoy it.

College is stressful enough without adding worry to it. Lots of people change their minds about job, goals, major from their freshman year. Just make sure you have good priorities and follow what you feel passion for/what makes you happy. And the rest will come to you.
:clingyAlso be selfish and don’t let other‘s opinion affect you so much. It’s your life not theirs.

:blush Take care, girl.:blush

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada

I still don't know what to do with my life and I'm much older than you :D Sometimes a year off to work or get life experience can help. You can always go back to school anytime to compete your education. I wouldn't wait too long or you're the weird old person :redface. Or if you want to go to school right away, you could just apply for something you mostly enjoy and go from there. A lot of people change their majors after the first year so as long as you're in university you can move around and decide what you like. Nothing is set in stone. I had some anxiety when I was in grade 12 because I put too much pressure on myself. You're not the only one who feels like this.

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
I confess that I'm not sure what to do next.

I've tried drowning myself in work.

Tried drowning myself in friends.

Tried skipping town for a few days.

Tried skipping town for a few months

Tried skipping town for six months.

Decided to permanently skip town.

Gonna start over.

Where should I start? Suggestions?

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I confess I'm feeling stressed about buying a new car since it's my first time, even though I'm not sure when. I was planning on doing it next year but I either need to get my current car repaired or find a new car.

I confess I'm still pissed that I had to pay $175 in towing fee.

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
I confess that I'm not sure what to do next.

I've tried drowning myself in work.

Tried drowning myself in friends.

Tried skipping town for a few days.

Tried skipping town for a few months

Tried skipping town for six months.

Decided to permanently skip town.

Gonna start over.

Where should I start? Suggestions?
Is there stuff in life you've consistently wanted throughout? If you keep wanting certain things, it might be worth examining those desires. If it sticks It’s probably important. Recurring themes, things or thoughts can offer direction

xallisto

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are all products of our environment, in my experience if your environment is making you clinically depressed then you need to change your environment. What is it that is keeping you in that job? In that town? If i were you i would take stock and ask serious hard questions about how much you actually need it.

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
@gnut @Crescent Jinx @Reebi a bit late in response but thanks for the best advises guys :hug

To be honest, the reason why I'm unsure because of all the pressure that's weighing on me, especially on picking colleges. I have less than a month to choose because almost all admissions will be closed by then. I have time to pick, but it's either they're closed already or my parents don't want me to. There's also my paranoia of failing them, notably my first choice, because I experienced that feeling before. But I'm going through them again and see where I can study now. Switching courses is easy, and though it's not allowed to pick courses that's away from a specific strand, it shouldn't be too hard for me. I thought about it a lot, what I want to be and what I don't want to be, and same goes for the rest too.

Again, thanks for the advises <3

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
@gnut@Crescent Jinx@Reebi a bit late in response but thanks for the best advises guys :hug

To be honest, the reason why I'm unsure because of all the pressure that's weighing on me, especially on picking colleges. I have less than a month to choose because almost all admissions will be closed by then. I have time to pick, but it's either they're closed already or my parents don't want me to. There's also my paranoia of failing them, notably my first choice, because I experienced that feeling before. But I'm going through them again and see where I can study now. Switching courses is easy, and though it's not allowed to pick courses that's away from a specific strand, it shouldn't be too hard for me. I thought about it a lot, what I want to be and what I don't want to be, and same goes for the rest too.

Again, thanks for the advises <3
Honestly, you can't go wrong picking what you believe could make you happy. As long as you do stuff and LIVE it'll be fine. Study, work, go for new experiences, anything, just avoid getting "stuck". If later you feel the path you took ain't the right one, then at least you learnt from that "happy little accident" and developed a better idea of what you aspire to be.

I felt the same as you, but rather than picking something I could like I aimed too high for what I was willing to commit effort-wise (went for engineering without any attachment with the subjects involved), which led me to lose opportunities and time (however I was and am fortunate to have a very supporting family and still am young '-') but the biggest loss was emotional. I took too long to admit my mistake, felt forced to keep butting my head against the wall, even if I knew I was unhappy. I kinda wish someone would had taught me that from the beginning (...and that I would had listened, lol) but gladly things turned out for the best. I do hate the school I'm attending (...online) and I do have a hard time studying (which is going slowly BUT IT'S GOING WOOO) but I'm happy and look forward to tomorrow rather than worry about it (or worse, being indifferent).

I feel something else that happens to us is that we desire to leave a huge mark in the world and this extremely high expectation bites us in the ass. I suffer from perfeccionism (the inactive one, I tend to not do things unless I feel I'm delivering a great product, so I drop a lot of stuff and am constantly "affraid" of mistakes -...do as I say not as I do btw lmao-) so that was exponentially bad on me. Now I know that we should try to leave little marks instead, starting from us, but it's still hard '-'''

Sorry for the long post, I kinda lost the plot somewhere in there. Wish you the best.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I confess I'm excited and apprehensive about buying a new car.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
I confess I'm excited and apprehensive about buying a new car.
We felt the exact same. Kept thinking there was prolly a better and more trustworthy deal somewhere. Rather normal I guess, maybe with time you get used to those '-'

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Yerr but the problem is that I can be too impulsive