The Last Person to Post Wins - Raijū

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Airports :bored

Yeah, but he's only less bad 'cause the other one is dreadful. Both a terrible options. We're screwed.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Basically, only is a populist fond of socialism measures and his party has been in the power for almost 16y now (with a brief interruption due to the empeachment). They broke the country and are involded in many corruption scandals, that had the involvement of other countries in SA. This candidate is basically running in Lula's place, 'cause he's in jail for corruption, and once he's out, you can bet the candidate will make him a minister if he gets elected.

The other candidate is a facist, extreme right populist, that wants to implement measures such as killing criminals on sight - by the police or any civil - and allowing torture practices. He's been a deputy for 8y and done nothing, has almost no governing experience and very weak programs for the economical and development aspects. He also promotes army interventions and the "preservation of the family", which basically means reinforcing separated roles for the females in society and restraining the rights of homosexual people. We had a deputy murdered in the middle of the streets and investigations say that had political motivations 'cause she used to campaign against police violence and his allies ripped off plates made as a homage for her. All of those assholes got elected alrdy. He's, for sure, not a "better option" '-' He's a terrible thing to happen now for a barbaric and medieval people like ours that often kill people by lynching them on the streets... Not to mention he for sure won't help solving our economical problems 'cause of his populist focus on silly actions for our security problems... So yeah, dunno what your reliable source sees on him.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Oh, just to mention that almost 20% of the population abstained from voting, which is retarded but also a record, and considering that voting here is mandatory, it shows how displeased people are with any of the populist options we would end up having in the end.
Yeah I know enough about both to know that it‘s about picking the lesser evil, and I doubt I‘d have picked the side of the person in prison for corruption :hmm

Curious what the result of the election is. Not that there‘s a reason for me to care about Brazilian politics or anything :hmph
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Don't come to this pile of shit, it's getting worse each year..
Germany‘s not doing much better every year either :noworry
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
@Farfalla If nationalism wasn’t so on the rise (just like everywhere) I’d say move to Sweden.

(Though you’d probably die due to lack of beaches and sunshine..)
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Btw, will be happily busy this week _ hope you guys have a fun week too.
:wtf
Curious what the result of the election is. Not that there‘s a reason for me to care about Brazilian politics or anything :hmph
You should care about when we start being able to carry weapons around here xD
@Farfalla If nationalism wasn’t so on the rise (just like everywhere) I’d say move to Sweden.

(Though you’d probably die due to lack of beaches and sunshine..)
Yeah, we're being heavily influenced by things happening in the US and Europe. It's sad to see how we used to mock the US a couple of years ago, and even our own candidate, now we carry those flags as well lol...
I deal well with woods as well *-* I just need nature. The cold would torture me in many levels tho xD
What about America or Canada?

Canada is the best choice, I think it's the best country to move.
Canada is our plan for the future, yup^^ We're stuck in Brazil for some years tho, and the cold will still torture me there ç.ç but oh well. Can't stay around the ecuador line.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Hey @Farfalla do brazilians get huge amounts of money when they are fired from their jobs??
Wouldn't call it a lot at all. I've been on this job since 2014 and my wage is good. If I get fired today I'd recieve 9.500 US dollars.
Shobu asking that sudden question towards Farfosh made me somehow smirk a bit.
You're evil :hmph
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Pretty sure Canada gets colder than Sweden. :catshrug It still gets pretty cold in winter, but winter keeps getting shorter too. We’ve got the Gulf Stream bringing us warmth. <_>

(Which is also why when too much of the Arctic ices melt and disrupt the stream we’ll end up with a new ice age, but anyway..)
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
I heard that Vancouver has a good summer time Ç_Ç But also that it's pricy as hell, so I don't think we would live there anyway '-'

We decided on Canada mostly 'cause of the incentives they have for young families migrating there and 'cause Forestry is a strong field there and I would love to finally work with that xD

Now I burst my bubble and go back to reality since I'm alrdy late for work...
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
@GrySun you are flying somewhere again?!
Just a little
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Canada‘s far from my list of places where I‘d like to live :oh Never rly got the appeal some have for it.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
I heard that Vancouver has a good summer time Ç_Ç But also that it's pricy as hell, so I don't think we would live there anyway '-'

We decided on Canada mostly 'cause of the incentives they have for young families migrating there and 'cause Forestry is a strong field there and I would love to finally work with that xD

Now I burst my bubble and go back to reality since I'm alrdy late for work...
Hm fair enough.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
You should care about when we start being able to carry weapons around here xD
So instead of knives I‘ll get attacked wih guns? :rolleyes: Tbh I‘d feel safer if I could carry a gun around myself.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
So instead of knives I‘ll get attacked wih guns? :rolleyes: Tbh I‘d feel safer if I could carry a gun around myself.
Not until you get your permanent visa *wink wink*

I got my shoes on to leave to work and like 30s later the doorman ringed saying there was a neighbor complaining about the sound. I asked him to ring the person back and ask if I'm supposed to float to my door to leave the apartment o.o The beauty of living in a condo...
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,581
Gender
Female
Country
China
So instead of knives I‘ll get attacked wih guns? :rolleyes: Tbh I‘d feel safer if I could carry a gun around myself.
And how safe would you feel if everyone carried around a gun?
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
"If everyone carries a gun, everyone has a kill-something-now button on their body"
You a very anti gun person Panda? :hmm Letting everyone arm themselves including you vs being defenseless when you‘re in trouble. I‘ve heard enough of bad stories of robberies at home to know I‘d definitely want something to protect myself and family with :grumble
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
You know the reference and what it means :bnah
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top