Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neala897

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 12, 2018
Messages
3,972
Reaction score
2,639
Age
36
Country
Russian Federation
On the subject of covers, I think it's kind of a shame World Trigger won't get to be on any of the double issue covers, those were always fun, and I've missed seeing Kuga take part in them. Anyway, it'd be cool if World Trigger got one last cover page on Jump, but that's probably pretty unlikely.
When the talk about mangakas who have health problems I always get feeling that not getting covers might be for not putting any more pressure on them
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,555
Reaction score
11,297
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
When the talk about mangakas who have health problems I always get feeling that not getting covers might be for not putting any more pressure on them
Good point :)
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I dont know if it will somehow be able to avoid comparisons to other prominent super hero movies. May feel like an unoriginal cheap clone and we see many bad superhero live action movies.
 

infelicitas

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 23, 2018
Messages
4
Reaction score
5
Country
Brazil

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I don't think it'd be a good choice to give World Trigger another WSJ cover, why make a big promotional cover for a series that's leaving? "We've got this cool series you can't read here any more!"

I think it'd be better for it to get the Jump Square cover when it joins.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I can assure you no one is really so new they are really buying a jump issue just based on cover. Also why would someone pick it up based on the cover, read the chapter at like chp160. Total confusion.
 

infelicitas

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 23, 2018
Messages
4
Reaction score
5
Country
Brazil
I don't think it'd be a good choice to give World Trigger another WSJ cover, why make a big promotional cover for a series that's leaving? "We've got this cool series you can't read here any more!"

I think it'd be better for it to get the Jump Square cover when it joins.
I don't think giving a cover would be such a big deal. They normally give covers for manga that are ending, and exactly like World Trigger, they're showing a cool cover for a manga you won't be able to read on the magazine anymore. Besides, I was just thinking more about it in a way to the author to give goodbye to WSJ.

WT is definitely getting a cover on SQ though. Next cover is AoEx right? So maybe after it?
:?bunny
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
I don't think giving a cover would be such a big deal. They normally give covers for manga that are ending, and exactly like World Trigger, they're showing a cool cover for a manga you won't be able to read on the magazine anymore. Besides, I was just thinking more about it in a way to the author to give goodbye to WSJ.

WT is definitely getting a cover on SQ though. Next cover is AoEx right? So maybe after it?
:?bunny
I thought they usually give color pages for series that are ending. Only SD/Kochikame got covers for their endings. Anyway, WT isnt obviously ending, just switching magazine so there's no need. It's not like JoJo got a cover for switching magazines lol. As someone pointed out its pointless to give a magazine cover for a series that's about to switch magazines.

Its definitely going to get a cover on SQ since it's a new series added. I wonder if the style/art will change.
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
The 50th anniversary channel began uploading the Sandwich Man Weekly Radio JUMP episodes

Akira Miyashita

Tite Kubo
 

Vizard

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
5,251
Reaction score
22,091
Country
Genosha
#48:
ネバラン
ワンピ
トリガー
ゆらぎC
編集者なんてろくなもんじゃない!
ストーン
ヒロアカ
私のヒーローアカデミア
ソーマC
鬼滅
ハイキュー
COMIQ
勉強
ブラクロ
ダビデ
呪術
ハンタ
アクタ
相撲
アリス
田中
ジモト

49巻頭、ブラクロ
センター、アクタ/ハイキュー/ダビデ(2話同時掲載)

担当変更
ハイキュー 池田→東
ジモト 村越→石川
 

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
13p for My Hero Academia.

L’éditeur d'Haikyu! - Les As du Volley change. On passe de IKEDA à HIGASHI.
L’éditeur de Jimoto ga Japan. On passe de MURAKOSHI à ISHIKAWA.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
BLack Clover and Haikyuu!! color next issue, best issue in ages.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top