Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

DyanSon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
367
Reaction score
134
Age
29
Country
Philippines
Wasn't it similar to D Gray Man coming back from hiatus?
WT is different. As far as I remember vol 19 is the strongest first week of World Trigger.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I hope the mods delete all these posts with people taking shots at BLack Clover, something that's completely unwarranted and senseless.

If jump thought World Trigger wouldn't perform decently then they wouldn't have brought it back and/or transferred it. It would have gone to the trenches of Jump+, so people gauging it against BLack Clover are clearly misguided and I'll informed. Everybody knows BLack Clover is killing it on the digital front and has outsold it total saleswise.
Lol DIGITAL SALES lmao
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wasn't it similar to D Gray Man coming back from hiatus?
I think DGM was hyped more, it got a big thing in Akamaru Jump or whatever it was called then so people bought that magazine just for the new chapter before it went to SQ.

I hope the mods delete all these posts with people taking shots at BLack Clover, something that's completely unwarranted and senseless.
nah
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
Wasn't it similar to D Gray Man coming back from hiatus?
which one?
Code:
│387543 (5)│474563│507664│528943│544297┃*,632,495 (166)┃2008/06|D.Gray-man 15
│359587 (4)│469251│509999│533309│546764┃*,578,669 (*74)┃2008/09|D.Gray-man 16
│341043 (4)│442961│483837│******│537747┃*,636,506 (354)┃2008/12|D.Gray-man 17
│300630 (4)│391762│428299│447762│461625┃*,525,802 (172)┃2009/06|D.Gray-man 18
│244049 (3)│400788│444516│470171│******┃*,547,988 (171)┃2009/12|D.Gray-man 19
( the rest is not in the geocities page, so I have to do it manually, the data are more limited but I'll just try to match the length)

Code:
│241360 (3)│382501│427091│******│******┃*,***,*** (***)┃2010/06|D.Gray-man 20
│215777 (3)│363413│413240│******│******┃*,***,*** (***)┃2010/12|D.Gray-man 21
│210793 (3)│353587│403775│******│******┃*,***,*** (***)┃2011/06|D.Gray-man 22
│300134 (5)│389338│424007│******│******┃*,***,*** (***)┃2012/04|D.Gray-man 23
│178091 (3)│331940│380365│407108│425896┃*,***,*** (***)┃2013/11|D.Gray-man 24
│156825 (3)│295327│352866│385761│408079┃*,***,*** (***)┃2016/06|D.Gray-man 25

^ I may got some things wrong since this is done manualy
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
No one.
No one knows that.
on Amzn jp, BLack Clover on kindle, volumes continue to be exceptionally ranked, even volume 1, strongly suggesting and highly implying that BLack Clover is selling a not insignificant amount of digital copies.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
on Amzn jp, BLack Clover on kindle, volumes continue to be exceptionally ranked, even volume 1, strongly suggesting and highly implying that BLack Clover is selling a not insignificant amount of digital copies.
Oh!

Btw, Zumou volumes on Flipkart (India), on Microsoft Surface Pro 4, continue to be exceptionally ranked, even volume 1, strongly suggesting and highly implying that Zumou is selling a not insignificant amount of digital copies. Pretty sure Zumou trumps BC's sales digitally, 10:1 ratio.

Additionally, Dr. Stone volumes on Souq.com (Middle East, UAE mostly), on Samsung Galaxy smartphones, continue to be exceptionally ranked, even volume 1, strongly suggesting and highly implying that Stone is selling a not insignificant amount of digital copies.
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Jump editors Oonishi, Honda and Takano went on TBS radio for the 50th anniversary back in October.
https://www.tbsradio.jp/300555

I did a live tweet thread basically translating their talk:


I'd type it directly here but the talk is quite long (48 min) so this is easier to post.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Jump editors Oonishi, Honda and Takano went on TBS radio for the 50th anniversary back in October.
https://www.tbsradio.jp/300555

I did a live tweet thread basically translating their talk:


I'd type it directly here but the talk is quite long (48 min) so this is easier to post.
sad that there has never been a female editor and there are no females at all.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Jump editors Oonishi, Honda and Takano went on TBS radio for the 50th anniversary back in October.
https://www.tbsradio.jp/300555

I did a live tweet thread basically translating their talk:


I'd type it directly here but the talk is quite long (48 min) so this is easier to post.
Thanks, this was great. I freaking love Takano, I know for sure Kimetsu is in good hands with him as the editor.

And Nakano doesn't seem to be in charge of the TOC, but Oonishi is. So everyone can stop it with the Nak the hack memes. :derp
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
sad that there has never been a female editor and there are no females at all.
That is quite unfortunate really. I can understand if it was back in the 80s and even 90s but in the 2010s to not have a female editor seems like a wasted opportunity to get a fresh perspective from the editorial side. I mean they always have new guys coming in but we know that women know shonen manga just as good as men.
 

LuckyJim

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2018
Messages
326
Reaction score
366
Age
30
Country
Buy Moria
Thanks, this was great. I freaking love Takano, I know for sure Kimetsu is in good hands with him as the editor.

And Nakano doesn't seem to be in charge of the TOC, but Oonishi is. So everyone can stop it with the Nak the hack memes. :derp
Oonishi isn't as open for derogatory nicknames though.

That is quite unfortunate really. I can understand if it was back in the 80s and even 90s but in the 2010s to not have a female editor seems like a wasted opportunity to get a fresh perspective from the editorial side. I mean they always have new guys coming in but we know that women know shonen manga just as good as men.
You'd think Jump could benefit from female editors, it's been established for a while that there's a pretty solid number of female readers of shonen jump.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Y'know, I gotta wonder if Arakawa would be willing to take up an editorial position in Jump.... I mean, it's decidedly less stressful than being a mangaka, and allowing her to spend time with family. Plus, the fact that she's a big name that's right up there with "The Big 3" in the 2000s, would give her an advantage in that the boys wouldn't dare mess with her migt be one thing, I guess.
 

Trigunblitz

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 4, 2018
Messages
24
Reaction score
28
Age
31
Country
United States
If kubo can't come back because of his health issues, would you guys prefer him to team up with another mangaka and do the series concept and draft, similar to boruto maybe, and nothing else, and release in a similar schedule, or maybe something like Dr.stone, and he only handles the script.
I’d rather he never come back in that case. Bleach is one of my favs but Kubo isn’t a concept creator or writer. He “draws cool sh!t” in his own words. I’d like to see him monthly. I’d actually prefer he draws someone else’s story.

Kishi could probably pull off weekly again if he wanted to but maybe for a shorter series.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Y'know, I gotta wonder if Arakawa would be willing to take up an editorial position in Jump.... I mean, it's decidedly less stressful than being a mangaka, and allowing her to spend time with family. Plus, the fact that she's a big name that's right up there with "The Big 3" in the 2000s, would give her an advantage in that the boys wouldn't dare mess with her migt be one thing, I guess.
Mangaka typically want to draw manga as much as they can and being an editor is a very different kind of job. Arakawa said she wanted to work with Square Enix again.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
I’d rather he never come back in that case. Bleach is one of my favs but Kubo isn’t a concept creator or writer. He “draws cool sh!t” in his own words. I’d like to see him monthly. I’d actually prefer he draws someone else’s story.

Kishi could probably pull off weekly again if he wanted to but maybe for a shorter series.
I really doubt Kishimoto or Kubo will do weekly series again. Neither of them seem to be keen on making new manga anytime soon.
 

supercow297

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2018
Messages
665
Reaction score
745
Country
United States
This is pure trolling..
Honestly I'm a BC fan but you guys have turned it into a meme already, and it's pretty annoying for everyone how often it's debated here. You guys pretty much asked for BC bring joked about with the daily "digital sales REEE" and 1000 IQ analyses. You can allow some humor once in a while

Also, Oonishi is vice head? Jeez I feel bad for Soritchy LOL, his mortal enemy became so successful
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top