Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Screw Galaxy Gangs. Do a KK in The City series. Expand that.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
You guys should google AR esports

There your sport manga of the year. It's Augmented Reality Dodge Ball. There is a world cup called Hado World Cup 2017 in JAPAN. It's AR so you can have "skills" and stuffs.
:datass
 

Mr.Fujimaster

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Messages
437
Reaction score
304
Country
Brazil
- Surf manga
- Formula One manga
- Space Battle manga
- eSport manga
- New work from Kishimoto, Kubo and Shimabukuro.

It's all I want.
 

crazymaya

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2018
Messages
59
Reaction score
52
Age
35
Country
Mexico
An AR sports manga would be pretty cool, or a sci-fi sports manga in general.
 

Chuck_Atlas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
1,557
Country
Peru
Do you guys think the Poro author will serialize his Genjui Toteku One shot?
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
Do you guys think the Poro author will serialize his Genjui Toteku One shot?
Thanks for asking this question! I just read it, and I really enjoyed it quite a bit. I didn't think Poro was that bad, although I wish it could've been more slice-of-life, but this seems like it could've been super interesting. Maybe something like a slightly-lighter Beastars involving yokai/mythological creatures instead of animals. I'd be pretty pumped
 

Trigunblitz

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 4, 2018
Messages
24
Reaction score
28
Age
31
Country
United States
- Surf manga
- Formula One manga
- Space Battle manga
- eSport manga
- New work from Kishimoto, Kubo and Shimabukuro.

It's all I want.
Wooooah yes! F1 would be a cool manga. Make it stylized like Red Line too. I'd love that. Or even an Oban Star Racers/Podracing style manga.
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
You guys should google AR esports

There your sport manga of the year. It's Augmented Reality Dodge Ball. There is a world cup called Hado World Cup 2017 in JAPAN. It's AR so you can have "skills" and stuffs.
:datass
This would be pretty cool. I've always enjoyed dodgeball, so if this is what it'd take to see one serialized, then so be it. I'd also like a new Numa Shun comedy; something that'd fill the void that Samon left in my heart. Maybe since the Act-Age artist is such a fan, that could help with the new series' popularity this time around. A space exploration (not battle) series could be fascinating if a top-tier artist could be secured. Plus my previous post about the Poro author's oneshot, I'd say that would be pretty nice.

The "dark trio" or whatever it's called doesn't appeal to me too much as a group. Ne0;lation is probably my favorite out of the three, but it hasn't really done anything to immediately win me over yet. Chainsaw-man is just too gory for me, and I feel like it can be a bit hard to follow what's going on in some of those action scenes. The hand-dude's art looks ok, but that's all it really has based on the color pages. I still haven't seen its full chapter yet.
 

CuriousReborn

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2013
Messages
638
Reaction score
990
Gender
Male
Country
Bahrain
Runway model Manga.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Act-age could probably get away with a modelling arc.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Also speaking of Act-age, what's the most recent chapter in Japan? I'm curious how much of a gap there'll be from the scans when viz puts out the most recent chapter tomorrow.

Jujutsu as well.
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
Act-age could probably get away with a modelling arc.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Also speaking of Act-age, what's the most recent chapter in Japan? I'm curious how much of a gap there'll be from the scans when viz puts out the most recent chapter tomorrow.

Jujutsu as well.
iirc for issue #3
AA: 46 (scans : 41)
JJK: 40 (scans : 31)
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
new serialization round on Jump Plus ft. 11 new manga
https://www.shonenjump.com/p/sp/shinrensai_2018/12/
including
the already announced new manga from Akame ga Kill author, 300 Million yen heist manga and RWBY manga
Neverland chibi spinoff is getting a series

there is also a car drifting manga!! never doubt my meme magic!!

someone asked me what was the best oneshot of 2018 a while back
What would you say the best oneshot has been taking all of these related publications into account?
and I answered this

I dunno about the best, but this is my favorite one

https://shonenjumpplus.com/episode/10834108156635525727

it isn't a oneshot, it's a namu by the writer of Kokoronashi no Kirimu

feels like Made in Abyss x Studio Ghibli

hopefully it's get redrawn and picked up for a full series
it's getting a series :hearts
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I'm curious how many manga are even on Jump+ right now, it feels like a bit of an overload getting these fairly frequent huge batches of new series.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
all 3 of the new series are boring af, but I guess Chainsaw Man will survive the longest because of his infamy on Fire Punch, the other 2 are getting canned for sure.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
all 3 of the new series are boring af, but I guess Chainsaw Man will survive the longest because of his infamy on Fire Punch, the other 2 are getting canned for sure.
this is one of the most offensive comments someone has ever written on this site. Please delete your account. There is no way neo;lation is a for sure cancellation. Just reread it and look at it. Its like, what Jump has been in need of all year.
 

bladyal

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 7, 2015
Messages
15
Reaction score
2
Age
31
Gender
Hidden
Country
Morocco
''37. *,*23,744 *,*23,744 Hinomaruzumou Vol.23 ''

low sales since its first publish in shonen jump ( still ongoing + get an anime )
can someone please explain to me why ?
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
this is one of the most offensive comments someone has ever written on this site. Please delete your account. There is no way neo;lation is a for sure cancellation. Just reread it and look at it. Its like, what Jump has been in need of all year.
Your cute boy designs aint saving it from Nak the Ripper
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I'm curious how many manga are even on Jump+ right now, it feels like a bit of an overload getting these fairly frequent huge batches of new series.
they have around 60 manga I think
they also run Otokozaka & Kinnikuman from Playboy, World End's Harem Fantasia and Shin'en Resist CURE from Ultra Jump, Rifle Is Beautiful from Tonari no Young Jump and Otome no Teikoku from Grand Jump
they also have 4 Chinese manhua translated to Japanese

that's being said, I think they will cancel/end a lot of series after this round
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top